Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]
M A N . S A E II M E N T O R . T H R E A D (1/3) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TwIsTeD_Animator_90

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:30 pm
I'd like to apply to apply to be your mentee. What inspired me to become an artist, would be western comic books like Batman and The X-men, I also absolutly love the style of Steven E. Gordon. I am looking to improve my techniques and learn anything and everything you can teach, I love your style and would love to be your mentee. Here is my DA: http://jadesart.deviantart.com/

Thanks for the consideration  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:31 am
Here's a link to my gallery.

What inspired me to become an artist was the movie trailer for Rumiko Takahashi's Ranma 1/2.

I can see that you're good with coloring. I'd like to get to that degree myself. I'm also looking for someone who can help me with my anatomy. I've already gotten great advice from Vena, but I'd like more once I get started in re-studying the human anatomy.

My mediums of choice are:

Manga Studio EX
Pencil
Pen
Colored Pencils
Markers [I do not prefer to use markers at all, but I know I am good at using them.]

[Edit]
I am a full-time student, but I have a lot of time on my hands anyway because I'm so un-resourceful. I tend to waste my time away online too, so short art projects will work best with me. At least the interesting ones.

I will be busy until September.  

Inflammable Artist

500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:01 pm
It's very nice to meet you, Man-Sae.

I am a struggling artist &, after looking over your gallery, I believe you are just the person who might be able to help me improve some of my skills. Your attention to detail, pristine lineart and ability to color/shade are all factors in my desire to become your mentee.

I graduated college with a degree in Graphic Design, so I have some basic Art Studio classes under my belt. My gallery is located here: DA

My inspiration for becoming an artist was originally due to my original obsession with Anime, but grew into a fascination of the artistic styles of Manga/Manhwa.

I really hope you will accept my application & help me to improve upon some of the basic skills I currently lack.

Edit: o.o I just realized that it doesn't look like the actual artist has been here in a while. Bummer...  
Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff