Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Ok here it goes. (7 pounds lost!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:58 am
Day 6

Ok, this is from yesterday. My ex was being insane, and I had to go deal with that, so I am posting today from yesterday. Yeah, I solved the schedule problem at work surprised I may have ate too many chips at chili's and drank a virgin strawberry daquiri because I had to talk to my ex about something and he was stressing me out, so I may have concentrated too hard on the chips because I was not wanting to be there with him.

Ok,
Excercise- Only hip toning ones, my dog was being whiney, so before work I was going to excercise, he kept following me around with that sad sad expression. So I gave in and played with him instead of running.

calories- Yum, about 1430 eek . I made eggs on toast for breakfast, with melted cheese and yes, potatoe chips at the bottom. For dinner I had chilies chicken fajita.

Oh, I weighed in, I decided saturday was a good day for that. The verdict is out, two pounds have been lost.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:16 am
I have decided that during my period week, I will not weigh at all. I will eat healthy that week, but not weigh until the week after. I really hate periods. I do not even see the point of them right now. I am not trying to get pregnant, and that is what periods are. Discarded material from a baby that did not happen. Why do we even have periods at a young age if they even say that teen mothers have underweight babies. If it is not even healthy to carry them, why are our bodies prepped for them. I wish we could pick when and why we wanted to be fertile so that our periods could only come when we were trying to concieve.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:41 am
Day 7

I just woke up, and flat out ran for about eighteen minutes. May not sound like much but is real excercise to run without pause that long, and I did some hip toning excercises. I want to fix something yummy for breakfast. I may have to pack my lunch because I work from 12-9 today at my job. Already been a week on this diet.

Calories for today- 1300 I was a bad girl. I had some of the chocolate stuff my coworker made. It was worth it though, as you cannot buy that in a store. Think I will get the recipe

Excercise- eighteen min of running. and hip toining.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:25 am
Woohoo, 18 is a long time! Good job! Keep up the good work. 18 min of running would kill me. xD  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:31 pm
Lady Kayura
Woohoo, 18 is a long time! Good job! Keep up the good work. 18 min of running would kill me. xD

Thank you 3nodding It is not too hard as long as you keep your mind on other things.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:25 am
Day 8

I loved today at work. It was amazing, and I just love my job. However, I broke up with my bf, because he was being mean. He did not want to get a job, even though he is pushing engagement. And his psycotic mom calls at ten at night, and asks if I am lying when I tell her the truth. Which is ANNOYING. I mean, I am a full grown woman for gods sake, who does she think she is to talk to me like I am a pubescent? And she calls my grandma to talk about her concerns about her son staying up too late. I tell him about it, as he does have a heart condition, and he gets mad at her, then she calls my grandma and tells her to keep her mouth shut, and that adults business is not their kid's bussiness. EXCUSE ME HONEY, IS THIS MIDDLE OR EVEN HIGH SCHOOL? Better yet kindergarten. Yet he always insisted she does like me, and to go to the house with him, but when he promises for a whole week to meet my uncle who is coming into town, he changes his mind and says 'I do not like your grandmother, so I am not coming over. I cannot be myself around her'. Then he tops it off with a grand cherry by screaming at me and hanging up. I did well eating all day, but since he yelled at me around eight, when I got off work, I cried and did some emotional eating (Grandma bought me some fried shrimp.)

excercise-None, because I was giving my body a rest for the muscles.

calories- about 1600  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:30 am
Day 9

I actually woke up in a good mood, and got up for coffee. My uncle spent the night, and I got to hang with his fiancee. Love that woman. We are going out for breakfast, and I am going to be a good girl and bring my calorie book, the calorie king one, and count my calories. I am happy I got a break from work to spend with the fam, and I find out for valentines weekend we are going to a beach house!!!!! I just love spending time with them, and college classes start tomorrow. I will make a promise to myself to run for at least twenty minutes tonight. My pounds are still off, which is impressive because I thought I ate alot yesterday, I finally lost half a inch! I will post calories and excercise later tonight.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:20 am
Day 10, First day of college, I was really busy and ate alot of sushi.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:21 am
Day 11
I woke up and drank out of the free coffee mug I got from my college, I plan to work out and watch the anime I got from the college library. I do not have work or school today as I only go on tuesdays and thrusdays, so I will stay home and study very hard today.

Calories 1600.. ate too much taco bell gonk
Excercise- thirteen min of jogging

Lesson learned today- Take vitamins, when my body starts craving nutriants, it pushes me to eat more than I should.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 am
Aw you're so lucky to have gotten a T/R schedule, I'm M/W/F this semester and it's driving me insane. x__x The half-hour commute is that much worse when it's an extra day a week!

Congrats on the loss so far, you can do it! :D <3

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:46 pm
Stars in my Pocket
Aw you're so lucky to have gotten a T/R schedule, I'm M/W/F this semester and it's driving me insane. x__x The half-hour commute is that much worse when it's an extra day a week!

Congrats on the loss so far, you can do it! :D <3

Thank you smile Oddly, I find taking vitamins makes me less hungry. So what are you studying in college?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 pm
godblessedthebrokenroad
I have decided that during my period week, I will not weigh at all. I will eat healthy that week, but not weigh until the week after. I really hate periods. I do not even see the point of them right now. I am not trying to get pregnant, and that is what periods are. Discarded material from a baby that did not happen. Why do we even have periods at a young age if they even say that teen mothers have underweight babies. If it is not even healthy to carry them, why are our bodies prepped for them. I wish we could pick when and why we wanted to be fertile so that our periods could only come when we were trying to concieve.

People used to have babies at the young age of 13 or 14, up until everal decades ago I think. So we've not evolved to have later periods yet. haha.

Also, if your weak spot is for chocolate like you said, you can have dark chocolate, it's good for you. I have one piece of it once a day to curb my iiiinsaaaane sweet tooth. And It's good because it's really rich so you crave less afterwards. Haha.  

pigeonsoup

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:50 am
Day 14.

I have not posted in quite awhile, busy. I have been keeping up with my diet though For my use, I will post my accounting syllabus on here, because word is being stupid on me.

PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING I
ACCT 2401 - FALL 2009

Instructor Name: Ms. C. Parks Room No.: TECH 202 & 205 Units: 4.0
Office No.: HSC 117G Class Hours: Tu & Thur 8:30 -9:50 am Reg No: 19364
Telephone: 281-290-XXXX Lab Hours: Tu & Thur 10:00 am - 11:00 am Section No: 81006

Office Hours: Tu & Thur 11:15 am -12:00 pm; T-Th 3:45-5:00 pm
E-Mail: cathy.a.parks@LoneStar.edu Cell: (713) 261-3900

Prerequisites

Reading (ENGL 0305, 0316, or 1301); Writing (ENGL 0307, 0326, or 1301); Math (MATH 0306, 0308, 0310, or 1314)

Textbook(s)

Textbook: Principles of Financial Accounting, 10th edition; Needles & Powers; © 2008
ISBN-13: 9780618736416.
Working Papers: Required - Used to do homework problems
Calculator: Non Graphing and Non Programmable Calculator Required
Storage Device: Two Floppy Disks or Flash Drive

Course Description

An introduction to financial accounting including a study of financial statements of business entities and the measurement and reporting of assets, liabilities, equity, revenues, expenses and cash flows with emphasis on how business and economic information is generated in the accounting process.

Learning Objectives

• Use financing accounting to make business decisions.
• Use financial accounting to evaluate liquidity and profitability.
• Use accounting cycle to analyze, record and summarize data in financial statements.

Assignments

Students are required to have assignments read and problem(s) completed at the beginning of each class. Students are expected to ask questions and participate in class discussions. You are responsible for your learning, asking questions, and challenging yourself intellectually. Making mistakes is an integral part of the learning process.

Homework will be collected six times throughout the semester. Homework assignments must be typed or written in pencil. The top five scores will count toward the homework grade (each homework assignment is worth 30 points). There will be four quizzes assigned. No make-ups will be given for quizzes. Only the top three scores will be graded (each quiz is worth 50 points). Lab assignment will be assigned during lab sessions and collected twice throughout the semester (each lab assignment is worth 100 points). There will be one midterm exam and one final exam (worth 250 each). The course will consist of the following components:

6 Homework Assignments (top 5 out of 6 scores) 150 pts.
9 Quizzes (top 3 out of 4 scores) 150 pts.
2 Lab Assignments 200 pts.
1 Midterm Exam 250 pts.
1 Final Exam 250 pts.
Total 1,000 pts.

Grading

Grading will be as follows:
A 100-90% of total points (900-1,000)
B 89-80% of total points (800-899)
C 79-70% of total points (700-799)
D 69-60% of total points (600-699)
F 59-and below (0-599)

Attendance Policy

It is in your best interest to attend each class. This course can be demanding at times, so attending each class will be very beneficial. Coursework is also cumulative, so if you fall behind it will be more difficult to comprehend new material. Attendance will be taken each class. Also, as a courtesy to other students, please turn off all cell phones at the beginning of class. No texting allowed. If you are unable to contact your professor, you may also leave a message for the professor by contacting the Division Coordinator at 281-290-3951.

Early Intervention Program and Services

Your success is our primary concern! If you are experiencing challenges achieving your academic goals, please contact your instructor or an early intervention coach. We can provide assistance with academic needs, ADA accommodations, classroom difficulties, financial concerns and other issues. Contact cfintervention@lonestar.edu for more information.

Tutoring

Lone Star College-CyFair is committed to student success. To facilitate this, free tutoring for most subjects is offered on the 2nd floor of the Learning Commons building. Please refer to http://www.lonestar.edu/tutoring.htm for more information regarding our tutoring services.

Tutoring in MATH, ENGL BIOL and ESL is also available at the Fairbanks Center.

Counseling Services

Counseling services are available to students who are experiencing difficulty with academic issues, selection of college major, career planning, disability accommodations, or personal issues. Students may contact Counseling, Career and Disability Services at (281) 290-3260, cyfair.counseling@lonestar.edu, or LRNC 110. Students may contact counseling services at the Fairbanks Center at 832-782-5110, Fairbanks.counselor@lonestar.edu, or FBC120.

The Assistive Technology Lab

The Assistive Technology Lab is available for students who benefit from its various technologies to convert text to speech, magnify items, convert text to Braille, etc. To contact the Assistive Technology Lab directly, please call (281) 290-3207 or e-mail the lab at cfassistivetechlab@lonestar.edu. The AT Lab is located in LRNC 105. Students may contact the IT dept, at FBC at 832.782.5072 or FBC 210 for assistance.

Library

The Harris County Public Library - CyFair College Branch is located in the Learning Commons Building and contains information resources for both college students and community members. A librarian is always on duty to assist with research. The Library contains over 125,000 books, online information databases, 185 computers, free wireless internet and many more information/research related amenities to ensure students success. For Library hours and contact information please visit http://cyfair.lonestar.edu/69180/ or call 281-290-3210.

Academic Integrity

Lone Star College-CyFair is committed to a high standard of academic integrity in the academic community. In becoming a part of the academic community, students are responsible for honesty and independent effort. Failure to uphold these standards includes, but is not limited to, the following: plagiarizing written work or projects, cheating on exams or assignments, collusion on an exam or project, and misrepresentation of credentials or prerequisites when registering for a course. Cheating includes looking at or copying from another student's exam, orally communicating or receiving answers during an exam, having another person take an exam or complete a project or assignment, using unauthorized notes, texts, or other materials for an exam, and obtaining or distributing an unauthorized copy of an exam or any part of an exam. Plagiarism means passing off as his/her own the ideas or writings of another (that is, without giving proper credit by documenting sources). Plagiarism includes submitting a paper, report or project that someone else has prepared, in whole or in part. Collusion is inappropriately collaborating on assignments designed to be completed independently. These definitions are not exhaustive. When there is clear evidence of cheating, plagiarism, collusion or misrepresentation, disciplinary action may include but is not limited to: requiring you to retake or resubmit an exam or assignment, assigning a grade of zero or "F" for an exam or assignment; or assigning a grade of "F" for the course. Additional sanctions including being withdrawn from the course, program or expelled from school may be imposed on a students who violate the standards of academic integrity.

Student Behavior Expectations

Students are expected to conduct themselves appropriately while on College property or in an online environment. Students may receive disciplinary action up to and including suspension, if they violate System or College rules, disrupt classes or interfere with the opportunity of others to obtain an education. Students who pose a threat to the safety of others will be subject to immediate withdrawal from the classroom, campus environment, and/or online environment, as well as face subsequent criminal charges, as appropriate. Please refer to the Student Code of Conduct located online at http://www.lonestar.edu/3579.htm for additional information.

Americans with Disabilities Act Statement

Lone Star College-CyFair is dedicated to providing the least restrictive environment for all students. We promote equity in academic access through the implementation of reasonable accommodations as required by the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title V, Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) which will enable students with disabilities to participate in and benefit from all post-secondary educational activities. If you require reasonable accommodations because of a physical, mental, or learning disability, please contact the Counseling Office to obtain the necessary information to request accommodations. Upon completion of this process, please notify your instructor as soon as possible and preferably before the end of the first two weeks of class to arrange for reasonable accommodations.

Computer Virus Protection

Computer viruses are, unfortunately, a fact of life. Using removable devices on more than one computer creates the possibility of infecting computers and diskettes with a computer virus. This exposes the computers of the college, your personal computer, and any others you may be using to potentially damaging viruses. The college has aggressive anti-virus procedures in place to protect its computers, but cannot guarantee that a virus might not temporarily infect one of its machines. It is your responsibility to protect all computers under your control and use and ensure that each diskette you use, whenever or wherever you use it, has been scanned with anti-virus software. Since new viruses arise continually, your anti-virus software must be kept current. And, since no anti-virus software will find every virus, keeping backup copies is extremely important.

Equal Opportunity Statement

It is the policy of the Lone Star College System to provide equal employment, admission and educational opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or disability. Lone Star Colleges strive to provide an excellent learning environment free from harassment or intimidation directed at any person’s race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or disability. Any form of harassment will not be tolerated.

Guaranteed Graduate Policy

Under certain circumstances, Lone Star College System will provide graduates of its Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, or Certificate programs additional education and training tuition free in order to achieve appropriate mastery of specified competencies. For specific guidelines and information please refer to the LSCS catalog at http://www.lonestar.edu/departments/curriculuminstruction/10Graduate.pdf.

Internet and E-mail

The System provides computing and network resources to students. You are encouraged to use the computers, software packages, and electronic mail (e-mail) for educational or System-related activities and to facilitate the efficient exchange of useful information. However, the equipment, software, and network capacities provided through the district computer services are and remain the property of the System. Use of the equipment and networks is to comport with the policies and procedures of the System and access may be denied to any student who fails to comply with the System’s policies and procedures regarding its use. Access to the System’s e-mail and similar electronic communications systems are a privilege and certain responsibilities accompany that privilege. All users are expected to demonstrate the same level of ethical and professional manner, as is required in face-to-face or written communications. Threatening, anonymous, or forged messages will be treated as a violation of this policy.

Software Piracy

Law strictly prohibits unauthorized copying of software purchased by Lone Star College-CyFair for use in laboratories. Lone Star College-CyFair administration will take appropriate disciplinary action against anyone violating copyright laws.

Evaluation of Instruction

Lone Star College-CyFair is committed to student success. As part of its’ institutional effectiveness efforts, our instructors are assessed in several ways. For the continuous improvement of our instruction, all students are required to provide input for each course they take each semester using the Course Evaluations Questionnaire, which can be accessed online for each course. This occurs approximately half way through your course and your instructor will provide you more information on this process. Once you evaluate your course, print and turn in the receipt of completion to your instructor. The college deans review these evaluations each semester. The deans, and/or department chairs may visit each instructor’s class at some time during the semester to observe the instructional environment being provided, and complete an assessment of the instructor.

Final Examinations

A final evaluation activity will occur during the published final evaluation period. The appropriate associate dean must approve any variation to this schedule.

Withdrawal Policy

Withdrawal from the course after the official day of record and prior to “W” Day, (see current catalog for this date) will result in a final grade of “W” on your transcript. Instructor approval is necessary if you want to withdraw after official day. No credit will be awarded for a course earning a “W”. If you stop attending class, you must withdraw at the registration office prior to “W” day. If you stop attending class and do not officially withdraw, you will receive an “F” for the course.

Six Drop Rule

Students who enrolled in Texas public institutions of higher education as first-time college students during the Fall 2007 term or later are subject to section 51.907 of the Texas Education Code, which states that an institution of higher education may not permit a student to drop (withdraw with a grade of “W”) from more than six courses, including courses that a transfer student has previously dropped at other Texas public institutions of higher education that have already been counted against their six drop limit. Each student should fully understand this drop limit before you drop any course. Please see a Counselor or Advisor in our Student Services area for additional information and assistance.

Reading Assignments Homework Assignments Assignments Due*

1 01/19 Syllabus / Chapter 1
01/21 Chapter 1 Problem 1; Problem 3; Problem 4

2 01/26 Chapter 2 Group Case pg 100 C10
01/28 Chapter 2 Problem 4; Problem 5; Problem 6 Quiz – Chapter 1

3 02/02 Chapter 3 Exercises pg 133, E1, E2, & E#
02/04 Chapter 3 Group Case pg 144 Quiz – Chapter 2

4 02/09 Chapter 3 Problem 2; Problem 7; Problem 8 Homework Ch 1-2
02/11 Chapter 4 Group Case pg 180 – 5 & 6 Quiz – Chapter 3

5 02/16 Chapter 4 Exercise 6; Exercise 9; Problem 2
02/18 Chapter 5 Case 10 –L01 pg 234 Quiz – Chapter 4

6 02/23 Chapter 5 Problem 2; Problem 3; Problem 4 Homework Ch 3-4
02/25 Chapter 6 Internet Case pg 324 Quiz – Chapter 5

7 03/02 Chapter 6 Problem 2; Problem 4; Exercise 8; Exercise 11
03/04 Review Quiz – Chapter 6

8 03/09 Chapter 7 Problem 1; Problem 2; Problem 3 Lab Assignment
03/11 Review Chapter 7 Exercise E1, E2 Quiz 7

Reading Assignments Homework Assignments Assignments Due*

9 03/16 Chapter 8 Professional Accounting Articles Homework Ch 5-7
03/18 Chapter 8 Spring Break *

10 03/23 Chapter 8 Problem 1; Problem 2; Problem 3 Quiz – Chapter 8
03/25 Chapter 9 Accounting Video

11 03/30 Chapter 9 Problem 2; Problem 3; Problem 4
04/01 Chapter 10 Group Case Quiz – Chapter 9

12 04/06 Chapter 10 Problem 1; Problem 2; Problem 4 Homework Ch 8-9
04/08 Chapter 11 Accounting Video Quiz – Chapter 10

13 04/13 Chapter 11 Problem 3; Problem 4; Case 9
04/15 Chapter 12 Group Case Quiz –Chapter 11

14 04/20 Chapter 12 Problem 4; Problem 5; Problem 6 Homework Ch 10-11
04/22 Chapter 16 Group Case

15 04/27 Chapter 16 Problem 5; Problem 8; Case 7 Lab Assignment
04/29 Review Group Case

16 05/03 Review Homework Ch 12, 16
05/06 Final Exam Final Exam 8:30-9:50 am

*This is a tentative schedule. Items in this weekly schedule are subject to change.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:53 am
laurenwithoutsound
godblessedthebrokenroad

People used to have babies at the young age of 13 or 14, up until everal decades ago I think. So we've not evolved to have later periods yet. haha.

Also, if your weak spot is for chocolate like you said, you can have dark chocolate, it's good for you. I have one piece of it once a day to curb my iiiinsaaaane sweet tooth. And It's good because it's really rich so you crave less afterwards. Haha.

Yeah, I actually have one piece a day too smile It is so hard not to have more. I wonder why they say women in their later teens and early twenties have a healthier baby, but our bodies are prepared to have them younger? Maybe because people used to die so young, that our bodies prepare for having many children young. I hope we evolve to have later periods.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

vanilla_bean_frappichino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:35 am
Day 18

Have been so busy, but I am getting back on track with my diet. Ugh, mix up at work may lead to write up because I was supposed to switch shifts with a girl, but they screwed up and told me the wrong day. It will be ok, because from now on I have learned a lesson: Never, EVER take someones shift at work unless it a a very serious issue and a manager asked you to do it, otherwise, NEVER take it.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff