Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Websites with good information about paganism? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:38 pm
Gho the Girl
ShadowCatSoul
I said the site in general was good, I didn't say all the information was valid. It's just as valid as this guild. There's some fluffies and then there's some non fluffies.
Um, no.

We don't hold fluffyism to such a high degree that we allow such articles to be posted without having the other users show just how fluffy it is.

If they're so tolerant of fluffyism as to let it be seen unedited on the front friggin page, they're not as good as this guild, hands down.

Quote:
Also, he asked a question and I said that I personally liked the site. I didn't say for him to believe every word that was said. It's where I go to look for local groups or stores. That's about it.

1). Whatever your personal views are, from a more intellectually honest and intellectual rigorous standpoint, it's a bad source. For someone who probably doesn't know the difference between what is fluff and what is non-fluff, a very fluff-filled site is not a good starting destination.

2). It is of no relelvance that you didn't say for him to not believe every word you said. Any misinformation he picks up from that website is on you, as you directed him towards it. He doesn't know better, and you, as one of this guild, should know better, even if you don't. If you don't, then you really shouldn't be giving people advice on where to go as you apparently don't seem to know yourself what a quality source for information on "Paganism." He was looking for a website with information on "Paganism", and you hand him a source for fluffy witchcraft.

3). The real tragedy here is that this poster probably won't come back to this thread and see the dissenting posts because you gave him an easy intellectualy dishonest out. Instead of asking him what he meant by Paganism, directing him to a part of the guild that would be very applicable to his search (and these parts do exist, we have pathways, we have mentoring, etc., there is no need for outsourcing) or even giving him something qualitative, you give him fluffy crap. And now, unknowingly, he's stuck with it, until he runs into someone with the knowledge and courage to educate him, which isn't bloody likely if he sticks around there. So instead of taking up this oppurtunity to educate an knowledge starved user, you've pushed him into the world of ignorance, mayhaps not to return for some time.

See how much havok you can cause when you speak thoughtlessly?

Another person's ignorance is non of my concern. If he is naive enough to take one and only one source off of here instead of listening to what other people have to say as well then that's his problem.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm
ShadowCatSoul

Another person's ignorance is non of my concern.

Then don't try to educate him, especially not poorly.

Quote:
If he is naive enough to take one and only one source off of here instead of listening to what other people have to say as well then that's his problem.

Way to take responsibility for leading him poorly. You were the first to answer his question after all.  

Recursive Paradox

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Recursive Paradox
ShadowCatSoul

Then don't try to educate him, especially not poorly.

Quote:
If he is naive enough to take one and only one source off of here instead of listening to what other people have to say as well then that's his problem.

Way to take responsibility for leading him poorly. You were the first to answer his question after all.

His question was that of an opinion, I gave him mine. I don't read the articles, I look for groups and stores.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 pm
Recursive Paradox
ShadowCatSoul

I take that back

ShadowCatSoul

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:37 pm
ShadowCatSoul

His question was that of an opinion, I gave him mine. I don't read the articles, I look for groups and stores.

He requested information by which he could make an informed decision. You gave him a poor source, by virtue of the fact that you don't read articles and instead look for groups and stories.

Why do you presume yourself able to educate when you don't even read the educational materials you offer?

ShadowCatSoul

I take that back

Good.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Recursive Paradox
ShadowCatSoul

He requested information by which he could make an informed decision. You gave him a poor source, by virtue of the fact that you don't read articles and instead look for groups and stories.

Why do you presume yourself able to educate when you don't even read the educational materials you offer?

ShadowCatSoul

I take that back

Good.

Stores, not stories, and he's likely to meet people who can help. That's why I gave him the site.  

ShadowCatSoul

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:10 pm
...so instead of directing him to someone that can help him within the guild, you'd rather link him to a website that doesn't regularly check for 'fluffy' posts/articles because you look for stores and groups instead?

...real mature...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:09 pm
Calelith
...so instead of directing him to someone that can help him within the guild, you'd rather link him to a website that doesn't regularly check for 'fluffy' posts/articles because you look for stores and groups instead?

...real mature...

It's not a matter of maturity...I gave my opinion. I know opinions don't really amount to much but regardless of whether or not you've found something good there I have.  

ShadowCatSoul

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:45 pm
I would hope he couldn't find a group/someone there to actually meet with. Worst case scenario, that's not exactly safe, and nobody has any real way of knowing how legit they are...Just sayin'...Same could be said for the internet groups/people too though. Witchvox is more like an infodump than anything else. A database, and a rather sloppy one at that...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:45 pm
ShadowCatSoul
Gho the Girl
ShadowCatSoul
I said the site in general was good, I didn't say all the information was valid. It's just as valid as this guild. There's some fluffies and then there's some non fluffies.
Um, no.

We don't hold fluffyism to such a high degree that we allow such articles to be posted without having the other users show just how fluffy it is.

If they're so tolerant of fluffyism as to let it be seen unedited on the front friggin page, they're not as good as this guild, hands down.

Quote:
Also, he asked a question and I said that I personally liked the site. I didn't say for him to believe every word that was said. It's where I go to look for local groups or stores. That's about it.

1). Whatever your personal views are, from a more intellectually honest and intellectual rigorous standpoint, it's a bad source. For someone who probably doesn't know the difference between what is fluff and what is non-fluff, a very fluff-filled site is not a good starting destination.

2). It is of no relelvance that you didn't say for him to not believe every word you said. Any misinformation he picks up from that website is on you, as you directed him towards it. He doesn't know better, and you, as one of this guild, should know better, even if you don't. If you don't, then you really shouldn't be giving people advice on where to go as you apparently don't seem to know yourself what a quality source for information on "Paganism." He was looking for a website with information on "Paganism", and you hand him a source for fluffy witchcraft.

3). The real tragedy here is that this poster probably won't come back to this thread and see the dissenting posts because you gave him an easy intellectualy dishonest out. Instead of asking him what he meant by Paganism, directing him to a part of the guild that would be very applicable to his search (and these parts do exist, we have pathways, we have mentoring, etc., there is no need for outsourcing) or even giving him something qualitative, you give him fluffy crap. And now, unknowingly, he's stuck with it, until he runs into someone with the knowledge and courage to educate him, which isn't bloody likely if he sticks around there. So instead of taking up this oppurtunity to educate an knowledge starved user, you've pushed him into the world of ignorance, mayhaps not to return for some time.

Then why the ******** are we all here?

If educating eachother is not a concern, then why do we consider ourselves educators?

If you really can't be bothered to give half a s**t about the ignorance of another who seeks you out for knowledge, you don't belong here.
Quote:
No, it's yours.

You don't belong in this guild.  

Gho the Girl

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 pm
ShadowCatSoul
Calelith

...real mature...

It's not a matter of maturity...I gave my opinion.
An opinion that furthers ignorance. Opinions aren't respected just for being opinions, opinions are only respected if they are respectable, and yours are not, at all.
Quote:
I know opinions don't really amount to much
Yet you continue to use them to justify your spread of ignorance.
Quote:
but regardless of whether or not you've found something good there I have.
I highly doubt your capacity to qualitatively determine "good."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:50 pm
Chaos Blue
I would hope he couldn't find a group/someone there to actually meet with. Worst case scenario, that's not exactly safe, and nobody has any real way of knowing how legit they are...Just sayin'...Same could be said for the internet groups/people too though. Witchvox is more like an infodump than anything else. A database, and a rather sloppy one at that...
The larger problem is, what information it does hold, is by and large from what I saw, ignorance, fluffiness, and outright lies.  

Gho the Girl

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:18 pm
Gho the Girl
ShadowCatSoul
Gho the Girl
ShadowCatSoul
Um, no.

Quote:

Then why the ******** are we all here?

If educating eachother is not a concern, then why do we consider ourselves educators?

If you really can't be bothered to give half a s**t about the ignorance of another who seeks you out for knowledge, you don't belong here.
Quote:
No, it's yours.

You don't belong in this guild.

If you were to read more and talk less you would see that I took those statements back. Also, you are not to determine who belongs here and who doesn't, that is for the leaders of this guild to decide, and being that I require further education they have decided I do belong here. This place is not for merely the knowledgeable, it is also for those who seek knowledge, such as myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 pm
Instead of attacking me, maybe you should try and educate me, is that not why this guild was created?  

ShadowCatSoul

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:46 pm

I can suggest not to post a website such as Witchvox. It's not a good source at all, in fact, it's a mangled mess of just about anyone or anything that decides to show up. However, if it is your opinion that it's a site that's of use to you, I guess you've learned that you should keep it to yourself. ninja People do not find the same things at the same places.

In fact, I could even go as far as to suggest not to refer anyone new or seeking guidance to any good portion of sites out there one might find on google, for obvious reasons such as the standard misconceptions and historical butchering(But I won't, since I don't know every single page and website that google gives me). Instead, suggest that they look around for primary resources, historical documents, and the like. And to look a little more around this guild. It is a wealth of information in and of itself, after all.

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff