Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:40 am
[Lacrimosa]
froggymama89
Marx is now permanently outdoor. I told hubby its the only way we can keep him, he aggressively attacked me for no reason. I don't want that to happen to froggy. Violent animals and animals that don't know where their poop goes are the only ones I can't tolerate.

I'm curious, when he attacked you were there any changes in the household enviroment? I apologize if you already evaluated this possibility, but prehaps it was just added stress on the cat and he transfered the angression to you. I'm not saying bring him back in, it was wise of you to put him out with a child in the house. But maybe you could, if you'd like too, try bringing him back in and letting him out if there are any stressors involved. I'm not trying to instruct you or anything, but I had a friend who had to put her cat outside due to an attack and she felt really guilty all the time because she was constantly worried about him. =/
Anyways, my cat has agressively attacked me three times, and all times he was under extra stress. Once when were evacuated for a hurricane, once when we got our secound cat, and once when we were getting new beds. (We were doing a lot of furniture rearranging, a lot of extra loud banging noises, stuff like that.) He has never gone anything similar, so we keep him inside and try different calming methods that work for him if there are any huge changes. (Like we give him some extra treats, we put him alone in a room away from the stressors until he can simmer down, massage him, et cetera.)
Plus, he's a huge sissy and if we put him outside he'd get his sorry a** kicked by another cat. xD

This a very legit question. He gets mood swings, always had. My parents adopted him when my sister was still living with them. Marx bonded with her and only her. Then after she moved out her BF got her a puppy. her apartment only allows two pets and she had rescued a standard poodle so instead of asking her BF to take the the puppy back she dumped Marx on us. He's been moody ever since. It could just be that losing the only person that mattered to him was such a huge stress he is acting out but there is nothing I can do about that.

edit: as far as ID goes many rural areas don't require it because pets are viewed differently. Also your closest neighbor could be 5 miles away. Most of the poeple out there are rather poor and many have over 50 animals...IE farmers. My inlaws have over 20 cats and one is microchipped...he is our cat but couldn't handle the baby and is doing a million times better on the land. They have 150 heads of cattle. 5 dogs. and 36 goats. not to mention chickens and guinea foul.  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:21 pm
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

My mom and I bred siamese for years and our queen was only ever outside once and she got stuck at the bottom of a small well or something at one of the neighbours houses. She was just curious about being outside because we'd never let her out. But she never went out again after that.

Anyway, I personally hate it when people let their cats out and have free roam of the neighbourhood. The ones where we are get into our garbage, tear at our screens, piss in our gate, on our outside furniture, in our front windows, they tear up our outside furniture, crap out in the kid's playground like it's a giant litterbox...They tried to attack our rabbits when we had the cage outside one day. And so much more. And don't tell me "Oh my cat wouldn't do that" because in all honesty, we know that some of the things on that list, your cat would do, given the opportunity.
It's a cat thing.
Don't get me wrong, I love cats, they're one of my favourite pets, but I just think that if you're going to let your cat outside, keep it on a leash. A really long leash. One of our neighbours did that and her cat was the happiest little kitty around. But I just don't think you should let your cats free roam and let them do whatever because your best friend can be your neighbour's worst enemy.

Take it or leave it, but after dealing with the neighbour's cats doig things like that for years, that's my opinion on letting your cats outside.
And for the record, the smell of cat piss, does NOT come out.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items