Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Fashion/Style/Beauty
Flattering clothes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which female body type are you closest to?
  Pear
  Apple
  Hourglass
  I'm a boy (do we even have any in this guild? o.O)
View Results

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:28 am
Personally because I have a smaller waist then my bust, hips and chest I find that anything that cinches my waist and flares out will look amazing on me. V-neck dress and halter dresses look amazing on me as well. This one dress I have is simply lovely. Dresses that look good on my body type:

User ImageUser Image

However as for jeans I'd say something like maybe jeans that stop at the hips, anything else just looks odd. Oh and like flare at or are bootcut I find those make me look good :'D Corset type shirts or princess styled shirts -I like peasant shirts- are good for flattering me too.

Oh and I also found that pairing a vest with a pretty busy shirt equals awesome on my body:

User Image

sorry for being picture heavy o Ao  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:21 pm
I think I may be a bit of an hourglass, but if it had to be a prominant number, idk what i am, because my bust and hips are teh same measurments.
but I enjoy layering, i think it makes me look slim-ish  

candytabasca

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Ligand

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:03 am
emo I'm an apple.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:32 pm
I'm an hourglass, I look best in tailored clothes...but those come with a price, so I'm considering taking up sewing after I reach my ideal weight, so that I can just adjust my clothes to fit my body.

I'm a 43/34/45 current, so my hips are a whole 2 inches bigger...but I don't think that makes me a pear.

Dust.And.Echoes.

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:13 pm
I'm an hourglass, and I've found a style that doesn't have to be tight around the waist for it to flatter my figure. Hourglasses out there, go look up "salwar kameez." They're super comfortable, incredibly flattering, and lots of fun to wear. They can be anything from ultra casual to ultra dressy, depending on the fabric and the ways you accessorize.

I even found a workout version. I take a knit dress with an empire waist, put it over yoga pants, and tie a scarf around my hair to keep it out of my face. Voila, salwar kameez sweatsuit!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 am
Unfortunately, I'm a pear shape. My boobs are small, my stomach is larger, my butt and hips are even larger! My thighs are larger than I like too.

Let's see, clothes that look better on me would have to be:
1) loosely fitted t-shirts. V necks just look weird because I don't have much cleavage. T-shirts that are just a little baggy, but not too much. I usually stick with black with a picture in the front. I mostly buy my shirts from hot topic. I love there music tees and video game tees. I buy a medium mens size. The womens clothes feel too tight and my body is too out of whack to wear really tight fitted clothes. I like to wear layers of tank tops or spaghetti straps AS LONG AS I have a mini hoodie vest to wear on top that covers my protruding belly (the upper half)

2) as for jeans, low rise looks horrible on me because my gut pops out. Skinny jeans would look aweful too. I like to stick to mid rise jeans because they tuck my lower half of my tummy. Also, I find jeans that are not extremely tight on me look best. If it's loose around my waist, odds are, it still fits nicely around my butt and legs. This way, I can still have nice fitted jeans, and not have to feel my gut being squeezed out. I've also decided, I look best in long jeans and capris. No shorts or skirts and DEFINITELY nothing mini....  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:06 pm
well im between an apple and hourglass. if you look at my bone structure i am no doubt an hourglass, however, since i am chubby but then my legs are narrow (and have muscle) and i carry some weight in my torso so yeah. i feel like im barely an apple but when i lose weight ill be hourglass.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:48 pm
i'm a pear shape, but i know nothing about fashion o.o i just wear shirts & jeans. or sweatpants.

pinkcatminht

XxPuRpLe_CaRrOtzXx

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:22 pm
User Image
Im a pear so its really hard for me to find pants my mum says I wear a size 14 in shorts but with my bum Im not sure =/  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:19 am
Not based on body shape but I went bra shopping last weekend and got properly fitted, like at Nordstrom (kind of high end store, don't normally go there). I had been wearing a 38 C. I came to that size through trial and error but in retrospect it never really gave me the support I needed and the cups gaped terribly. So their professional fitter took me to a fitting room and measured me and all that, I thought they were going to say I was a B cup. I turned out needing a 36 D and let me tell you the difference is amazing. My boobs are so much higher and it really opens up my torso and a little bit of my shape. It took a bit to get used to the appearance under clothing but it is 200% better. Now I could only afford to purchase 1 bra from Nordstrom, but I did find 2 more bras at Sonoma which fit just the same as the high end brand I bought in Nordstrom.

My poor delusional mom had been wearing a 38 DD (and any fool could tell it wasn't comfortable or doing it's job) got sized between a 42 G and a 42 H. She bought a bra there too but all she's been doing is finding reasons not to wear it. I think she's in denial, but really you shouldn't be concerned about the numbers or cup size but what it does for your breasts. I can understand dreading having to search to Timbuktu to find those cup sizes but just flat out denying that you need that size is a little silly.

Roslin

Ophrysia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:07 pm
I'm an hourglass with a short waist, so it's sometimes hard to tell that
I'm an hourglass. XD

I favor more tailored clothes, and anything that's flowy and cinches at the waist; belts are one of my greatest loves.
Tops with asymmetrical cuts look lovely, too. <3  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm
I'm not technically an hourglass because my hips are larger than my bust, but I've got too much going on up-top to really be a pear.

Long, tunic-style tops that are fitted in the bust and to the wait and then loosen over my lower tummy and hips tend to be really flattering. I have a few tops like that I'll wear over jeans or even a pair of leggings. I just bought a dress that has a pretty print over the chest areas and everything below the bust is solid black. There's a little belt right at the color divide and it skims my curves and just really complements my figure. I don't feel comfortable wearing it unless I've got my spanx on under it, but getting back on the wagon will help fix that.

Roslin
So their professional fitter took me to a fitting room and measured me and all that, I thought they were going to say I was a B cup. I turned out needing a 36 D and let me tell you the difference is amazing.

The old standby of bust minus rib circumference gets less and less accurate the larger your breasts are. It's become a game for me to allow the sales people to measure me whenever I'm in a lingerie or department store because I always wonder what they'll claim my size is. Usually they tell me I'm a 36-38 DD or DDD. I'm actually a 34FF.

The important thing about cup sizes is that it's not about how far they stick out from your ribcage, but about how much volume they take up. For years I could never understand why bras seemed to fit me in the dressing room, but then when I got home and wore them for a full day, I'd be falling out. I finally read the fitting guides on Bravissimo, FigLeaves, and HerRoom and my live instantly became so much easier. The "bend over and wiggle" technique made a huge difference in weeding out bras that were actually too small.

By the by, Figleaves has great deals on bras in all sizes. I once scored a pretty lace one for $9. Even when they're not running a sale, I can usually find a bra for $30 and often even less than that. HerRoom was also great for finding a longline strapless bra for my wedding. It fits beautifully and only cost me $40. HerRoom and Figleaves also both have great exchange and return policies to ease the hassle of trial and error sizing at home.

I remember the first time I ever put on a properly fitting bra. All of a sudden I had an actual torso (I'm shortwaisted) and literally looked a good 10-15 pounds thinner. And the support and comfort is a million times better!  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Conceptual Misconception

Original Loiterer

20,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 pm
I'm actually a rectangle shape with a long torso and short legs. I've found that heels help me a lot with making my legs look more thin. Also, Jeans that are fairly low look better on me than high waist jeans. Slim look better than flared. I also love vests. Vests help accentuate my chest and slim my waist so I don't. look so boxy ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:44 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I have some HUGE thighs. So I stay away from straight shirts and skinny jeans.

For shirts and dresses I go with a A line shirt (flares out).

As for tops, I've got bord shoulders. So no tank tops (other than when I sleep). Sleeves a must!  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:13 pm
I am hour glass, with some extra sand. =,=

Still working on shedding some pounds.  
Fashion/Style/Beauty

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]