Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Fluffy Before and After Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 pm
whiporwill-o

thank you, i always see people here refer to Mr. Dark. i kinda had an idea, but i wasn't positive.
There are threads about them if you look back.

I think my favorite was one from a guy I knew. He said he was going to go to another dimension where he was going to magically be transformed into a woman with super powers a la Sailor Moon.

He grew out of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:16 pm
I'd say I was misguided, but nah, for like a year, I was downright fluffy while claiming to be Wiccan, despite knowing better.

Thank goodness I grew out of that, and had the metaphorical s**t kicked out of my brain so that I could.  

maenad nuri
Captain

mirawin

5,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:02 pm
I'm not sure i was ever fluffy i grew up in a christian household and was forced to go to bible school which only frustrated me to know end when i had tons of questions that no one was ever willing to give a straight answer to, so in my mid teens i looked for a religion that made sense to me i did tons of research compared sourse and finally became the pagan i am today but i was always careful and i guess still am not to open my mouth unless i was positive about my facts and had the ability to prove it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:41 am
AniMajor
Recursive Paradox
I was a fairly standard fluffy Christian and then actually got a good understanding of the Scriptures. And then I began to develop philosophical issues with them and moved on to philosophical materialism/empiricism (which I called Atheism back then) except that I was a fluffy PM/E.

I never was a Christian, so all of my issues with it used to be based on misunderstandings of what it was. I still have issues with it, after reading the Bible, but at least I don't think Christianity is all about loving people forcefully, recruiting, and fearing a vengeful god that may or may not be related to the loving and recruiting.

The philosophical issues I had with it actually had nothing to do with worship initially but with how the Self, personal power, the quest for power, wisdom and such was handled. As well as following and submission. That of course left the foundations for determining that worship was unacceptable to Etherism.

I hear that Gnosticism actually bypassed that issue, so I plan to discuss things with a few Gnostics to see where it all connects.

TeaDidikai
Wow... speaking of Mr. Darks...

Good golly, the irony of her coming in here and Mr. Darking it up is pretty intense.  

Recursive Paradox

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:55 am
I was a fluffy when it came to Wicca for awhile when I was in middle school and during my first year of high school. I grew out of when I started to learn that what marketed as "Wicca" wasn't really Wicca and just a way for authors to milk you of your money.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:11 am
I was fluffy in the "but this book and these people say so" kind of way, moral relativism, general misunderstanding of orthopraxy, general misunderstanding of Paganism. I mean that in the sense that I would use the "ebil xtians" and "All pagan religions are amazing and freeing, yay!" 'logic.'
One of the biggest, I think though, was that I felt like no one could prove me wrong. I still kind of struggle with this, especially with topics that I'm passionate about, but I feel like I am now making a conscious effort to at least understand why I am wrong and if I don't get it, to ask. I may never be a great debater, or even a good debater, but I'm trying to be more intellectually honest so that I can actually learn something from the debate.  

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

EternalHearts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:29 am

I was generally misguided due to poor reading materials, but I had some fluffy time during my freshman year of college when I got mixed up with some people that were all wrapped up in themselves as witches and wore cloaks all the time and whatnot (it didn't help that I went to college in Salem MA...).

I got over it after I stopped hanging out with them and interacting with people far more rational about religion and spirituality in general (including a mystic Catholic). I found Hellenismos, which fit my sense of spiritual desire and beliefs about 6 years ago, and here I am today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:57 pm
I think some of this Mr. Dark business has to do with the need of many people (myself included) to feel special. It's like I won't be worth anything if I'm not "special snowflaky."

Funny thing: I'm special to those who love me most, including Jesus Christ. Sure, I'm not out saving the world like I am when I daydream. But I'm loved. That's pretty ******** special. I have a man who loves me dearly. That's pretty ******** special. One day I shall have a child, and to me, they will be special.

KU-WA!  

Gho the Girl

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:38 am
Well I'll share my Mr. Dark. I used to think I was the reincarnation of a dimensional warrior who was to gather other warriors who reincarnated with me so we could fight this great evil that was seeking to destroy all the universes. Good think I snapped out of that. Looking back on it the "gods" that I followed during that time were reflections of things going on in my life during that time and it was my way of compensating for the things I was missing or rather was ill equipped to adequately deal with.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:21 am
rmcdra
Well I'll share my Mr. Dark. I used to think I was the reincarnation of a dimensional warrior who was to gather other warriors who reincarnated with me so we could fight this great evil that was seeking to destroy all the universes. Good think I snapped out of that. Looking back on it the "gods" that I followed during that time were reflections of things going on in my life during that time and it was my way of compensating for the things I was missing or rather was ill equipped to adequately deal with.
That's pretty Classic.

Also, this becomes a great reference to show that Mr. Darks, when not misused, can be pretty harmless and don't have much in the way of long term effects.  

TeaDidikai

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:38 am
I went through a period of time where a friend and I believed we were soul sisters, and we could astrally project and visit other countries, and fight off evil spirit things in an area we called 'the void'. We were some kind of protectors. Or rather, I was a protector, she was obsessed with Buffy at the time and was a slayer.

We were 16, and I blame the whole event on the movie The Craft/Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the fact we had consumed an entire chocolate cream pie and two cans of fruit punch concentrate between us before coming up with the idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:11 pm
I never really got as far as Mr. Darking. I mostly just wished I wasn't human, wished I was something more or different (part of which may have arisen from how much my body hurt me from the dissonance, which I hadn't identified as gender dissonance yet). But those wishes didn't do much other than contribute to my bitterness. I always knew what I was back then. A person. A bitter, hurting person.

I did however attention whore like a champ.  

Recursive Paradox

wxnk

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:11 pm

i dunno if this counts as a Mr. Dark, but usually after watching any kind of made up, overdramatic and usually romantic fantasy movie (i.e. Underworld series...but nothing as far as Twilight.)

i secretly wish i was a vampire.
it still happens occasionally, but only after a very awesome vampire movie.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:12 am
Takozu

i dunno if this counts as a Mr. Dark, but usually after watching any kind of made up, overdramatic and usually romantic fantasy movie (i.e. Underworld series...but nothing as far as Twilight.)

i secretly wish i was a vampire.
it still happens occasionally, but only after a very awesome vampire movie.
A little escapism isn't the same as a Mr. Dark.  

TeaDidikai

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:44 pm
rmcdra

I had something similar to yours. xD That was the summer of 2004.

I transformed it into a bunch short stories and science fiction stories that have yet to be completed.

And then I started reading into paganism and other religions.

It was a "good" Mr. Dark, as I wasn't spouting nonsense left, right, centre. I was slightly delusional (xD), but that summer was the summer I completely switched my positions on a lot of things and started thinking for myself (I also discovered Gaia and the ED that summer ninja ).  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff