Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
New Years Forum Cleaning! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:40 pm
Shunatsu
*raises hand* I'm good at organizing. And I'm very willing to help tidy up the thread (I have a few ideas already XD). ^^ It's actually a really great idea. Makes things a lot more clearer. @.@

Edited: Ai Enma of Hell came up with a great idea that might just help new members or people who have nothing to do to help around the Guild (which is in the Community Hub). She posted a sweet idea factory that compiles different ideas from different members all around the Guild in case we need any ideas about anything. It's a bit disorganized but I think we can keep it going if it's tidied up a bit. She's also interested in starting an employment office to provide new or free members to get involved with events that needs help. What do you think?

I'm not sure if employment office is the way to go. Unless we're paying them-- which I don't think we have the funds to establish paying jobs. However, if we establish another means of payment-- like badges or something than just maybe. Makes me think of Neopets Employment Agency-- and getting lil' quests or something for people.

As for the idea factory-- the way I see it is with the turn of the new year we are straying away from brainstorming and moving towards action. What this means is-- where as brain storming is good-- it needs to be morphed more into projects and taking things live. Once hosts are determined a lot of the brainstorming energy will be going towards setting up those rooms. You have no idea how many threads I have come across on the topic of brainstorming, suggestions, ideas, etc..

And then minimal focus on what we take live. My theory, we discuss too much and get less done that way. We need to be grabbing ideas and running with them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm
It's a Winter Wonder Land...

Alright Pixi. I see your points. I'll use the Beta threads for the edits you asked for. (But I'll do them tomorrow.) Then the edits can be placed into the original threads. (But I'll let you do that part in-case you have a different Idea.)

...So slip and fall so I can see another color besides Blue outside.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:38 pm
Pixi: Okay, I understand your point. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:48 am

All right, I cleaned up, updated, reformatted, and split it into 5 posts for easier searching. I even added more information.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:23 pm

The core of the new Affiliates Thread is down. Look it over Pixi and make any changes you like.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:33 pm
The affiliates section points are fabu-- but it sounds a tad dry and almost too forward to the extent that people might shy away from Affiliating. If I get a chance I will try to rewrite it to make it sound a lil more exciting.

As for the other thread-- I want you to remove the quote trees. And I also want for you to snip all the mid-paragraph crediting and move it all to a credits section. Most credits are saved for last. There you can put in all who have contributed in one easy location.  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:54 am

It maybe just because I'm working after being awake for about 20 hours. But I only saw one "Quote" thing, and I thought it was good there since it made the information on the sub-forums stand out better. But I removed it away. As for the credits, there are only two location that credit is given, and as I don't know who to credit the rest of the information, I felt that either including the names I did know with their right sections, or having no credits would be in order. (Since the only person who had any credit before was Broken in the thread.)

And so creating a whole new section, to credit myself and broken when there barely is any. Seems a waste of room to me.

*Yawns.* Well, if I'm wrong, no big surprise. I am working on pretty much no sleep, atm. So how about I take another look over it when I've had some sleep, and see if I can spot the "Quote Trees" I apparently didn't see somehow before....

As for the Affiliates, I only did a basic outline, I went to a more informative style. I pretty much figured that you wouldn't like they way I wrote it anyway. I mean I could of mention how we get our own forum, or how pretty much every member on gaia sees the affiliates every year. But such things are touchy to include at best.

Well that and I couldn't think of a way to make it sound attracting to people, without saying that many many people would see it, so you'll get a lot of advertisement. (Which just sounds so wrong for me to say.)

Again I'm very tired. and can't even tell if this post comes off as rude or not. >.<'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:14 am

Wow that took awhile for me to sleep enough to feel somewhat sane again. Still don't see the Quote towers you were talking about Pixi.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash