Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:03 pm
RosesFallingLikeRain
froggymama89
RosesFallingLikeRain
I'm making a petition to keep cats indoors.

And I'm going to show it to the mayor and present it to them, in hopes that a by-law comes out.

It worked in my old town, and the punishment was that if your cat was caught outside, it would be impounded and it cost the owners fifty dollars.

that is so stupid cats need the outdoors to be happy. They are wild animals who choose to live with us. Some cats can't be kept indoors. Its cruelty. Oh and give the owners a fine. Our pounds are already overcrowded lets shove them full of cats that people can't afford some stupid fine cuz their cat slipped out. Not to mention how busy animal control is catching loose dogs. Ever try to catch a cat? you can't unless it wants to be caught. I can't even catch my cat when he doesn't want in.
BaBy LoVeS tO dAnCe In ThE D A R K

If you don't live where I live, don't talk like you do.
Is it more cruel to keep a cat inside, or to let it outside where at least once a week you see a mangled cat carcass? If you think it's evil fine. I don' even agree with keeping pets inside all the time, but with things like this, I think keeping them inside is the lesser of two evils right now.
Never have I seen a dog outside here that wasn't tethered, or leashed.

Don't act like you know every single thing.

'CaUsE wHeN He's LoOkInG sHe FaLls A P A R T

Did I say I know everything did I say I live where you live? no. Also I used to live in Erath county and there was always dog or cat or possum carcusses on the side of the road. It wasn't because they were roaming so much as people just don't care down their. Not saying that's the case with where you live just you have to keep in mind how the people think. The fact is if a cat wants out it will get out. anyone who knows anything about cats would know that. Not only that but what about the cats that aren't claimed. You end up killing more cats than you save because the shelter will be overcrowded. Once again cat too stupid to stay out of the highway? then for the sake of the species it should die, I know its harsh but its called natural selection hon. Also did you ask the owners of these cats maybe they feel like letting their cats out despite the danger is the best thing to do that it is more cruel to keep them locked up.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:09 pm
RosesFallingLikeRain
Yes, but cats can fight back to natural predators. They can't fight back against cars.
I do understand what you mean about not liking other people telling you, but when the cats are going outside, and getting hit by cars, etc, as they walk out, I consider that abuse.
And when these people turn around and whine about vetrinary bills, and don't bring their cats to the vet because "They have too many vet bills already", I think it's time to do something.

ever see a cat fight a cougar or bob cat? its pretty much chomp, then over. They only have a chance against coyotes and get 3 or more on one cat and the cats dead. refusing to pay vet bills is abuse but letting the cat out in the first place isn't. I don't even think refusing to take an animal to the vet is abuse. Out in the country if your cat has wounds from fighting a coyote you see what happens. As my SFIL says "it'll either live or die. And if it dies oh well it was too stupid not to fight a coyote."  

whatagirlwants

AriaStarSong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:09 am
I live in an apartment now, but my cats still live with my parents out in the country. They wouldn't adjust well to apartment life, and they've lived in the same house for around 10 years. It'd be cruel to uproot them now. My parents like it because it gives me incentive to come visit them more often! I've also only recently moved into the city, and only because there is no job market anywhere else, and there's not much of one here.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:14 pm
froggymama89
RosesFallingLikeRain
I'm making a petition to keep cats indoors.

And I'm going to show it to the mayor and present it to them, in hopes that a by-law comes out.

It worked in my old town, and the punishment was that if your cat was caught outside, it would be impounded and it cost the owners fifty dollars.

that is so stupid cats need the outdoors to be happy. They are wild animals who choose to live with us. Some cats can't be kept indoors. Its cruelty. Oh and give the owners a fine. Our pounds are already overcrowded lets shove them full of cats that people can't afford some stupid fine cuz their cat slipped out. Not to mention how busy animal control is catching loose dogs. Ever try to catch a cat? you can't unless it wants to be caught. I can't even catch my cat when he doesn't want in.

They don't need the outdoors to be happy. My cat was perfectly fine until I let her out for about 30 minutes one day in the garage, while I cleaned with some harsher chemicals I didn't want her being by. She likes to go out, but guess what? She's perfectly happy right now. The weather is hovering at about 5 degrees Fahrenheit, and there's no way in all the levels of Hell that I'm letting her outside right now.

And in no way shape or FORM is it cruelty. Not letting a cat outside versus throwing it off of a balcony into a vat of wet cement- which is more cruel? Not letting the cat out, or exposing a FIV+ cat to the elements, where it's VERY VERY likely to catch a deadly virus, and spread it's disease to other cats? The one who gets to go outside or the one who stays in, sleeping by the fireplace? Honest to god, I lost any tad of respect for you from that post. You used to be smart and about 80% factual, I don't know what the hell crawled up your a**, but get it out, NOW. I liked your literacy and fighting spirit. Not your dumbassedness. God I hope you got hacked.  

Azusanga

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:25 am
froggymama89
I don't even think refusing to take an animal to the vet is abuse.

It actually is illegal to refuse an animal medical treatment =w=  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:02 pm
Wow that's really dumb. We have two cats and we let them outside but we live in the suburbs. Actually we just adopted a stray cat too 3nodding anyways, that's way dumb. I hate it when people don't take care of htier animals  

Short Melancholic

cajunvoodoo

Unholy Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:50 pm
I've had 5 cats total in my lifetime (I'm 25 now) and they have all been indoor/outdoor cats. 1 was hit by a car when I was very small, and 1 was attacked by some dogs and had to be put to sleep last September. So in say, 20 years, I've only ever had 2 cats die before anyone was expecting them to. My new kitten wants to go outside already, and I'm slowly easing him into it. Sure, the animals get hurt every now and then, but they usually recover pretty quickly and I like to think they learn their experiences. They like being outside, and I can't stand to try and keep one in if it really wants to be out. Now, if your friend's cats want to come in but are being forced to stay outside, then I guess that's kind of irresponsible, but other than that I don't see why it would be a problem.  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff