Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
»SimP is likely INSANE.« [INSANITY 28SEPT-27NOV] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goal: Run (most of) a 5k by August 20!

View Results

Goldenlici

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:32 am
Stars in my Pocket

I hate my period so much. Tons of aches/cramps/sadness. And I get emotional and eat.
I think I have PMDD because I get really depressed and question everything about my life for about a day or two before my cramps start (1-3 days before menstruation). I have other physical symptoms as well but they all basically line up to PMDD. Lame.

I have almost the exact same problem. I always cry over the stupidest things the couple days before my period and then really don't get emotional at all during my period. It kind freaks my family out sometimes sweatdrop

I overeat like crazy just before my period, but during my period I hardly feel like eating at all because I always feel full from bloating or something else. Usually, I don't try to fight it too hard because obviously my body is telling me something and I don't want to just ignore it for the sake of my diet. Like before every period I absolutely must have some chocolate. I don't know why, but it's like nothing else will satisfy my hunger unless I have it. So, I will usually just eat a little bit of chocolate and leave it at that.

Stars in my Pocket
I'm going to WalMart and buying Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred.

I have been thinking about getting that for a while. Once you've tried it, can you tell me how it is?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:43 am
Yeah, it's just horrible. PMDD is like PMS, it's more affecting though, and it's more common than a lot of people think. You can click here to read about it.

I'll definitely let you know how it is - you can look up previews on YouTube, it shows you kind of what's in it. (: But I've seen nothing but positive reviews so it's worth the $10 to me.

EDIT: CLICK HERE for a ripped 7-minutes of it just to see what it's about.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Goldenlici

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:57 am
Stars in my Pocket
Yeah, it's just horrible. PMDD is like PMS, it's more affecting though, and it's more common than a lot of people think. You can click here to read about it.

Trust me, I know all about it. I have such bad pains that I can not get through the day of my period without ib profen. My mom thinks I should go on birth control pills (though I don't need them) just because it is supposed to help with that.

Stars in my Pocket
I'll definitely let you know how it is - you can look up previews on YouTube, it shows you kind of what's in it. (: But I've seen nothing but positive reviews so it's worth the $10 to me.

Really only $10? I thought it would be more than that, which is kind of why I never got it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'm watching The Biggest Loser on hulu.com season 8. I've never seen the show before and I'm crying a ton 'cause these people's stories are so sad and they're working really hard and getting there! It's definitely inspiration to be the person I want to be. Jillian Michaels is my weight-loss hero. She's tough but it's because she wants everyone to succeed.

AS OF 9PM, I BOUGHT THE 30-DAY SHRED!! Starting up bright and early in the morning! <3

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 pm
[emotional dump]
I'm so tired of letting myself go.

I'm tired of rationalizing that 130lbs isn't that bad.
It's not that bad. But it's not that good.
I owe it to myself at 20 to do the work and make the change.
I'm tired of saying this same thing over and over every year.
I'm tired of making March 15 goals and seeing another year go by.
Unchanged. That's the worst part. I've fluctuated quite a bit, but in the long run I'm unchanged.
I still want to eat Long John Silver's. I still want to eat McDonald's. They taste good. I don't want to want to eat there anymore.
I want to eat food that's good for me. I want to exercise. I don't want to make excuses anymore. No excuses.
I was 135lbs a month ago. Got up to 138 at night sometimes. That's close to 140. That's close to 150. It's not just where I am, but I want to be headed in a better direction.
I owe it to myself to do better, and I'm going to.

I'm not trying to complain that 130 is bad or that I have it worse than anyone else in here - and because you guys have the strength to do it, I think I can too. (: I love and appreciate each and every one of you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:07 pm
Stars in my Pocket
I'm watching The Biggest Loser on hulu.com season 8. I've never seen the show before and I'm crying a ton 'cause these people's stories are so sad and they're working really hard and getting there! It's definitely inspiration to be the person I want to be. Jillian Michaels is my weight-loss hero. She's tough but it's because she wants everyone to succeed.

I saw the Australian 1st season version on youtube and I felt it was better than the American version. smile  

Madame de Sousa

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:55 am
- - - - -

[ 06 JAN 10 - 68 days remain ]

Current Weight:
    (+13.2)
    Goal Weight:
    Eaten:
    Breakfast:
    - Brownie, oops. [243]
    - Peaches n' Cream Oatmeal [130]

Lunch
    - Can of Del Monte Green Beans [60]
    - Roast Beef [91]
    - Babybel Cheese [50]

Dinner
    - Brownie [243]
    - Soup [180]
    - Chicken [89]

Snacks:
    - Fiber one [60]
    Calorie Total:
    Water:
    [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
    Exercise:
    - Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred [-155]
    Thoughts of the Day:
    It really sucks I didn't get to eat that much yesterday but my cramps were killing me. In other news, I dropped like 2 pounds. Probably a combination of water weight and way increased metabolism with my TOM. Got the 30-day shred yesterday, going to put it to use today! <3 Woo!

- - - - -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:23 am
Stars in my Pocket
[emotional dump]

Unchanged. That's the worst part. I've fluctuated quite a bit, but in the long run I'm unchanged.
I still want to eat Long John Silver's. I still want to eat McDonald's. They taste good. I don't want to want to eat there anymore.
I want to eat food that's good for me. I want to exercise. I don't want to make excuses anymore. No excuses.
I was 135lbs a month ago. Got up to 138 at night sometimes. That's close to 140. That's close to 150. It's not just where I am, but I want to be headed in a better direction.

I'm not trying to complain that 130 is bad or that I have it worse than anyone else in here - and because you guys have the strength to do it, I think I can too. (: I love and appreciate each and every one of you.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
And I'll help all I can. Think about when you get to post your final picks and brag to all of us how great you look because I know you will look amazing.  

Goldenlici

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:30 am
Goldenlici
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
And I'll help all I can. Think about when you get to post your final picks and brag to all of us how great you look because I know you will look amazing.

Thank you, Darling! <3 I figure if I do something to get to my goal every single day then I'll get there eventually. And if I keep working hard I can splurge every once in a while. It'll all be ok. (: Thank you for your support. <3 <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:56 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Jillian Michaels just kicked my a** so hard.
30 day shred was great. I'm not endorsing it quite yet though, let's see how it holds up for 10 days first.

I'm going to try to do it daily, ideally the plan would be 10 days Program 1, 10 days Program 2, 10 days Program 3. Then after I'd combine 1+1, 1+2, 2+2, 2+3, 3+3 as necessary. But we'll see. :D

I'm really excited though, and she's someone you love to hate and hate to love. I do love/hate her though.
So we'll see how it goes. But I'm definitely feeling it, and it's NOT an easy workout, but it's only 20 minutes so anyone that can have time to watch a TV show or post 20 times on gaia, has time to do this. NO EXCUSES! :D

If I get to my goal of 115 I'll re-evaluate from there, but for now my prize of sticking with Jillian at least 3x/week for a month and getting to 115 is this V.S. bikini. In animal print! I've never been so bold. whee

Pictures motivate me, if you can't tell. <_<

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:40 am
Here's a photo dump so you all can see what I kind of look like, since all you have is a fugly-belly shot. ew. So the top is most recent, I gained weight from my 113lbs. But it was a good weight for me/my shape. So I'm going to get back to it, plain 'n simple.

Here`s my face in Budapest, Hungary August 2009. Yay no makeup. Like 130lbs.

Late 2007 at like 104lbs. *warning bra*

Me in NYC with a friend for a choir trip. On left. I have azn eyes hah.
Here`s me on left in black, in Washington DC I think, my junior year in high school? 06-7. 113lbs
Here`s me at 113lbs, looked freaking great. 2006-7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:39 pm
Stars in my Pocket
[emotional dump]

I think it's great that you want to lose weight despite being one of the lighter ones here. It means you're stopping any maajor weight gain before it has a chance to start, which is something that the rest of us should have done. ;P

If you want some motivation to eat at mcdonalds less (and some other fast food places), I hiiiiiiiighly reccomend the book Fast Food Nation. I've only read about half of it or so (we had to read it for AP Lit in high school xd ) but it really changed the way I look at fast food. It shows you how shitty of a company McDonalds is with their invasive adveritising and stuff like that, and ever since reading it I've cut back my fast food intake from like 5-6 times a week to like once a month if that. 3nodding  

__penguin__
Captain

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:13 am
Very cool, thank you. :D
And my main problem is maintenance. I've been here in this guild since 07 under Moonecho, but I gain as soon as I leave, which is dumb that I even do but it's for other reasons. (i.e. in 07 my dad died, left for a while, ended up getting obsessively thin, then binging up to 135.) Anything emotional ends up getting back at me, I need to learn to tough stuff out without going for the food.

As far as the fast food goes, it's really just bad habits that formed from college. e____e I need to stop it. I'll check that book out though, definitely.

I'm putting an offer in on a condo today so me+bf+bf's friend can live together. I'll be cooking meals like crazy and that means healthy stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:01 am
- - - - -

[ 07 JAN 10 - 67 days remain ]

Current Weight:
    (+14)
    Goal Weight:
    Eaten:
    Breakfast:
    -
    Lunch
    -
    Dinner
    -
    Snacks:
    -
    Calorie Total:
    -
    Water:
    [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
    Exercise:
    -
    Thoughts of the Day:
    Um, I can barely move. I stretched before and after the workout, and even had therapeutic stretching on my legs (bf = massage therapist) so I didn't think I'd be this sore this morning. But yeah, I'm toast.
    Probably not going to work out today, and then work out again tomorrow. School starts Monday.. bah.

- - - - -

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Goldenlici

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:20 am
Stars in my Pocket

Um, I can barely move. I stretched before and after the workout, and even had therapeutic stretching on my legs (bf = massage therapist) so I didn't think I'd be this sore this morning. But yeah, I'm toast.
Probably not going to work out today, and then work out again tomorrow. School starts Monday.. bah.

Do you do a full body workout everyday? I have always been told to do different parts of the body (except when doing overall aerobics) to prevent just that. Like Sunday I did legs, monday core, and wednesday arms. That way, even when that part is sore, I can still get some strength training.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff