Submit

Have you read them?
  Yes.
  No.
  Never heard of them.
View Results

fairywaif

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:18 pm
Read the first two, but not the last, however I love how snappy Bartimaeus is. (You'd think the kid would wise up...)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:42 am
Great book! I only read the first one, but I absolutely love. I fits in all my criterias of a good fantasy book. I like the fact they didn't make the main character all heroic and good at heart. The author just made him more human who has faults and makes mistakes.  

gotmycarfixed

sabriel111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:20 am
The Bartimeaus trology is great I've rad the first two and whould have read the third one but I never seem to have enough money for it because by the time I find it I already have like 6 books in my hands and knowing I can't buy them all I just forget about getting it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:02 pm
I read the first one it was really good. I haven't had the chance to try and see if I could order the next two of the series but I'm keeping the trilogy in my list of books I need to read.  

Arkyana

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:29 pm
Hee. Tis a Fun-Fun series, strangely enough, Nick is my favorite character.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:42 pm
Very awesome series. I loved all 3 of the books, the third one being my favorite. heart  

Ashtaye

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:22 am
I've read The Amulet of Samarkand (that's pronounce sam-AR-kand. You draw out the AR.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:02 pm
Oh, I just started reading this series. I pretty much devoured the first one, and I've got the second on my bookshelf (but I can't start reading it yet, because if I do I'll never read any of the other books on queue.)

Very nice books. Much better than Harry Potter, IMO. Both seriously embarrasing for me to go buy, though; college student + children's section of bookstore = LAME. XD  

Mink Biscuit

Verlindaine333

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:40 am
Yeah the first book rocked. In my opinion it's the best but over all the series was so much fun and cool to read.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:59 pm
I just started the trilogy last week...it was Awsome. Very refreshing....WAY better then HP and WAY easier to get through then LOTR. xd  

Lakkira

Teh_Zombie_Lord

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:48 am
who else thinks Nethaniel is a jerk?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:28 pm
I do. He thinks he's the next big thing, when he's only twelve, at least in the first book. But I do love Bartimaeus' sense of humor and his wit. Without him, for one thing it wouldn't be called the Bartimaeus trilogy obviously, but the book would also not be nearly as interesting or as good.  

JRay18

Shakespeares Girl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:11 am
I thoroughly enjoyed these this series. I loved the authors use of words, and the foot notes were delightful.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:46 pm
Sounds good! I've never heard of it before can someone tell me what it is about? quick summary?  

mmmddd

JRay18

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:17 pm
Ok. This apprentice magician called Nathaniel summons a djinn (Genie) called Bartimaeus to help him get revenge on a guy called Simon Lovelace, because Lovelace humiliated him awhile ago. He commands Bartimaeus to steal any object of Lovelace's (Any important object) as his method of revenge. bartimaeus does it, and he steals an object the the Amulet of Samarakand, which turns out to be this really powerful object, and they find themselves right in the middle of really big trouble, etc etc. that's not the whole book, I just gave you the first part. 3nodding  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff