Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Announcement Archives
Meebo Meeting - 01.02.10 // Pre-Meeting Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:53 am
Dang, I don't think I will be able ot make it. I'm leaving for home tomorrow and will most likely spend all of tomorrow and saturday traveling. I will try my hardest to make it though.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:11 am
revenge_is_sweet
Dang, I don't think I will be able ot make it. I'm leaving for home tomorrow and will most likely spend all of tomorrow and saturday traveling. I will try my hardest to make it though.
Have a safe trip!

I have jotted down a skeleton of the meeting-- if there is something critical that I have left off that you feel should be added please bring it to my attention.  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:23 am
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Looks like a good skeleton.
I'm only waiting on a response from one more plot member.
If we don't get it,
We can just share without it.

My being at this meeting depends upon what day my boyfriend leaves for college again.
He's only here for a limited amount of time.
If he's going back Saturday morning, I'll be there with bells on~
But if he's going back Sunday morning,
I can't spend the last night he's here online at a meeting.
So I talked to Queenie.
Even if I can't be there,
She's going to be there.
If I can't go,
I'll leave her stuff that I want brought up about the plot and all that good stuffs.
And she's gonna fill me in later.

<3

Luckily,
Plot Committee's stuff is pretty much done.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:49 am
Lady Angelisha-- I fully understand and am so relieved that you have already established someone in place to be there. biggrin

Now hopefully the same can be said for the other committees.

I am hoping to reach blissy today (but it might be hard being new years eve and all) to have her send our a memo to the entire guild.) However, if I don't get ahold of her before the meeting I will see to her sending one out right before it so that people who might not be viewing the forums can be there!  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:54 am
Oh drats, just looked and it seems I left off the News Committee and the advertisement committee.

I'm going to have to look into what the news committee does so I can properly add them to the skeleton. However, it would be very awesome if we can have news committee/Sara and company doing full reports on what is discussed in the meeting(s).

Or is there already an established note taker?

We all know I'm too long winded to be in that spot. lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:13 pm
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Lady Elmira took them last time, and the time before.

And thanks for understanding.
^^
Of course I wanna get things in place~
I wouldn't wanna leave you guys high and dry on the main plot.

Sorry I missed that too.
x.x
Um.
News Committee basically reports on the news during the ball.
I know that he was trying to make an event involving Sarah,
And he does monthly reports.
But otherwise I'm not sure what they do as prep
It would be cool to have Sarah report on the meetings though.
^^

Ohs.
And in the skeleton,
We don't have to discuss plot committee's struggles.
We don't really have any right nao.
We're done with the main plot we're just waiting on everyone's suggestions to touch it up.
Then our next step is coming up with maybe a few little extra things to fit in here and there,
And helping the room hosts if they need it.
So we're good~

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:22 pm
Envy, do you think there will be time to discuss the up-and-coming events? It would be nice to hear how far they are and what they need to start.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:10 pm
Pixilated Envy
Good to hear from everyone!

Regarding the wiki--
That was actually something that was handed down to Val while she was overseeing the guild. It seems more than obvious to me that should we continue to keep the wiki that we will need someone new to take over that. On the contrary, I'm excited to inform you guys that the reason the wiki was created was to be an added way to communicate and deliver announcements. The wiki was created prior to Gaia allowing for Guild Wide Announcements-- the greatest updates the guilds could possibly receive.

Just between you and I? I wonder if the update had anything to do with folks like us having to turn to other forms of communicating. With that in mind, we may no longer need the wiki as much as we formally did. If you disagree-- and think that the wiki should still remain in tact and have any interests in moderating you may post here to voice your interest!

Regarding the absent Sabs--
Reality can be a harsh mistress-- and where as I don't personally know where she is right now, I don't see any reason why we have to hold off progression while she is away. True Bliss is assisting Sabs, and I am of strong confidence that Sabs put Blissy in place for that reason. The real world can change at the drop of a hat, I know this first hand, so we have to remember that hte guild does not rely on only one person-- but the group as a whole.

As for the constant change of guild hosts? I don't think its changing enough. There has only been 3 thus far-- and if one can no longer tackle the role I think it is in everyone's best interest for their to be new ones appointed for the betterment of the guild.

As per the bickering--
Dustin hit the nail on the head. He's part of said bickering. And as the saying goes "Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires". We're always going to have disagreements-- I have had my share of them with many in this thread alone-- but I am confident that we have come to the realization that we all have the best interest of the Ball in mind but don't always see eye to eye on how to achieve the best interest. In the coming days I fore see that we will all be grouping off into teams where we will be less apt to argue with one another. Try to be as constructive as possible with one another-- and try not to get ones feelings hurt too easily. We all have to work together-- and some of us more so than others. If all else fails try to surround yourselves with people you like and avoiding those you don't.

As for guild organization--
As per the new year that is our goal. And as unfortunate as it is to report-- we really have a lot less than the 6-7 months pre mentioned. But seeing as how there is such a great response in this thread-- I am assured that is a sign of our new year's resolution in full swing. The committees and their progress is going to be one of the major focal points of the meeting. If their is a lot of strife regarding one committee having more pull and dominating over another-- then I may motion that a pow-wow of sorts be held after each committee has given their reports.

As far as moving Poy into the position of fund raising capt? Let us first give the current capt a chance-- and not to mention, a capt can only be as good as their weakest member.

What I meant with poy to be a captain was that each team has 2 captains except for the fundraising team.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Kala Kirya
Crew

3,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:12 pm
Finally, a meeting I'll actually be able to attend (thank god!). I'll need to talk to broken about what's going on, as I've been really out of the loop, but I'll be there! Heeheehee.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:38 pm
Lectern
Envy, do you think there will be time to discuss the up-and-coming events? It would be nice to hear how far they are and what they need to start.
It is my intent that will be discussed in the February discussion. Or do you mean.. beyond then? IF so-- that might be worthy for at the meeting close for those who want to have open discussion. I'd rather see us focusing on what we want to do during the here and now. And how we plan to make the current events successful.

Additionally, I believe one of the keynotes being mentioned during this meeting is to start scheduling sub-committee meetings on top of Guild-wide meetings like the one we are having Saturday. i.e. art committee, plot, etc.

Angelisha-- Sorry if I was insinuating you guys were having problems. I just meant to allow anyone the opportunity to express any obsticles they might be enduring to have their projects successful. biggrin

Dustin- oh I see. That is a matter that I shall not go into-- as I don't seem to know enough on the topic. However, feel free to bring it up at the meeting during the discussion period of the fundraising committee. biggrin (Unless blissy gets a chance to address it sooner.)  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:17 pm
By up-and-coming, I meant events like the January, February and Gaia Survivor events. I was wondering if there is a plan to have someone speak about what they are currently doing. Sorry for the bit of confusion >_<  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:20 pm
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Oh no Envy! >W< I didn't mean it like that. You didn't step on any toes. I was just wanting to let you know that we don't need to take up time for that. We're pretty much ready to share.

And your thing about committee meetings does really work. I've been calling meetings like that with the Plot Committee as necessary, and I think that's why we were able to accomplish what we have. <3

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:24 pm
Just so you know, the draft for the activities held in the February Event is almost done (including events that will go live if we get up to the basic ones), so are the list of problems/help I'll need in order to get it all done in a month. I've updated the first post of the thread, so the info are basically all there.

But I suggest you start with discussing the January Event first. It's already January (here, at least XD). That, and because I'm not sure whether I'll be late due to jet lag (by half an hour or so). It's affecting me really badly this time, and I can't really concentrate. So expect me not to come up with many great ideas or talk a lot during the meeting. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:04 am
Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

I wouldn't mind taking over the Wiki if no one else wants too. It would be an easier way to provide information about the ball to new comers.

As for the News Committee, We report the news, I do the News Letter pretty much. Although I wouldn't mind also reporting on the Meebo Meetings. It would Give Sara more to talk about and say.

I'm going to be gone shopping for a few hours today, after which I intend to finish the little odds and ends left over with the January event. Which I had(Have) Intended to start at or after Jan 3rd. So that way we could avoid doing anything related to the New Year easier. So we can bring it up and talk about it at the meeting tomorrow.

I dunno if anyone remembers, but sometime last year the idea was brought up of making a New Committee, The idea was that the new committee be in charge of bumping all Annual Ball related Threads. (As some people that have wanted to help could only bump for us anyway.) and that it would be easier then asking the guild every-time to bump the threads for us.

Someone asked about doing a new Guild announcement soon, does anyone but Sabs have the power to use that feature?

The Feb Event is looking pretty good, I'll be making a post over there sometime today.

Pixi brought up a good point regrading Sab's Not being here. Maybe we should have Bliss run things until Sab's shows back up? I mean if it seems like it's going to be awhile.

Oh and as for Dustin's idea of making me Funrasieing captain. I agree that the current Captain (Jess) Is doing fine.

Let's see what else to add..... Oh yeah! I'm looking forward to seeing this year's plot. Lady Angel has really been on top of things with it.

That's all I can think of for now. ^.^

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:47 am
User Image