Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Sidreal verses Tropical- I don't get it! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:58 pm
TeaDidikai
To get this somewhat back on topic... Cu, Celeblin stare , if anyone wants to know what their Hellenic Sidreal Sun Sign would be, post here and I'll let you know.
June 8  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:59 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Month and day of birth.

Well that's easy. February the 6th. biggrin

Congrats. You're a Capricorn.

D= I always thought I was an Aquarius.  

Collowrath

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:00 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Month and day of birth.

I'm presuming it's a different system. Tea's sun sign is otherwise Gemini. At least I think that's the sun sign, maybe I'm just mixing it up.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:03 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Month and day of birth.

I'm presuming it's a different system. Tea's sun sign is otherwise Gemini. At least I think that's the sun sign, maybe I'm just mixing it up.

I must research. This is an interesting proposition, as I've always kind of identified with Aquarius, Cancer-rising. I can see some Capricornican (I think I made that up >.>) features though.  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:03 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
To get this somewhat back on topic... Cu, Celeblin stare , if anyone wants to know what their Hellenic Sidreal Sun Sign would be, post here and I'll let you know.
June 8

And another Taurus. No wonder we butt heads.

~Baps Collowrath~ Sidereal Hellenic Sign, not Tropical Hellenic Sign.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:06 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
I'm presuming it's a different system.
Hence the title of the thread and my desire to know why everyone is so in love with the Tropical System.

My/our Tropical Sun Sign is Gemini.
Our Sidereal Sun Sign is Taurus.

I'm beginning to think it's a function of folks simply not knowing that Sidereal Astrology exists.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:08 pm
TeaDidikai

biggrin Is there significant difference in the interpretation of the signs between the two systems?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:11 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

biggrin Is there significant difference in the interpretation of the signs between the two systems?
One's based on the Sun, the other on the sun and stars as Tea said.

Basically, how important are the Equinoxes to you? EDIT: Which seems to be why the Ptolemies liked tropical.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:16 pm
All things considered, I've been meaning to look into having a full chart done, but now I need to decide which one. I think I'd like both actually, considering that the Sun is actually figurably important to me, but it also makes sense to use the constellations themselves.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:16 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

One's based on the Sun, the other on the sun and stars as Tea said.

Basically, how important are the Equinoxes to you? EDIT: Which seems to be why the Ptolemies liked tropical.

No no, I know that they're calculated differently, I'm just curious as to whether Tropical and Sidereal Capricorns are the same, or if what Capricorn itself means is different.  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:20 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

What they mean? Not really. What a person is? Well, considering that it's what... roughly a twenty five degree difference between where the signs initially lined up... I'd say it's kinda important to note the difference.

Let me put it to you this way.
You and I are standing side by side and I point up to the sky and say "See the sun- right behind it is Sagittarius.

That isn't the current tropical sign is it. wink Hint: Any Capricorns in the room?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:29 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
All things considered, I've been meaning to look into having a full chart done, but now I need to decide which one. I think I'd like both actually, considering that the Sun is actually figurably important to me, but it also makes sense to use the constellations themselves.

How do you think Astrology works?

What are the mechanics behind it?

Also, I do intend to actually do the twenty some charts I have said I would do over the years.

I just get lazy because I really ******** hate the math involved. But I do such a good job... alas, so torn.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:31 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

What they mean? Not really. What a person is? Well, considering that it's what... roughly a twenty five degree difference between where the signs initially lined up... I'd say it's kinda important to note the difference.

Heh, I can definitely see both - so the jury's still out. Or perhaps, left up to an impartial judge. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:34 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

Heh, I can definitely see both - so the jury's still out. Or perhaps, left up to an impartial judge. sweatdrop
Or perhaps needs to be examined under a full chart so you can see where legit parts of your Tropical signs come into play.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:36 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

Or perhaps needs to be examined under a full chart so you can see where legit parts of your Tropical signs come into play.

For sure. Perhaps when I have the money, I shall have one commissioned.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff