Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Cross-Tradition Participation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:11 pm
TeaDidikai
How willing are you to participate in rituals outside of your tradition?

What accommodations do you make for others?
What standards for participation do you hold?
I'm pretty willing to participate in others' rituals. I generally avoid things that have particular spiritual significance that I don't share. Writing it down like that makes me realize that's a bit general and perhaps not rigorous enough. I suppose I need to come up with a rubric for being a guest versus being a true participant.

The best example I can come up with is a Lughnasadh ritual run by a couple of ADFers who occasionally participate in my local circle. They wanted to include a sacrifice in the ritual which was inappropriate for me because I can't honor my gods in rituals designed for other deities and I am so not making sacrifice to gods that don't know me. I attended the ritual but did not participate in the sacrifice.

I guess I would have to figure where I would draw the line of "spiritual significance."

Tea, what's the difference between invocation and evocation again?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:39 pm
TheDisreputableDog

Tea, what's the difference between invocation and evocation again?
Invocation is inside you. Evocation is present.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:43 pm
I would have to say that direct invocation of a being into my body would be unacceptable within the confines of Etherism. I wouldn't be able to participate in such a ritual.

There are also certain beings and rituals that run counter to the specific Aspects I work with. For instance, if anyone worships a deity similar to the Void Aspect in any way and wanted me to participate in a ritual, I would refuse because it would be a violation of the relationship and barter system I have with the Star/Radiance Aspect, being that it isn't terribly fond of things that "eat" stars and light.

Some of the Essences I work with have certain rules for the relationship continuing to be intact as well (just as I do for all the beings I work with, rule making is mutual, all contracts involve interests on both sides) and I would need to be mindful of violating those rules as well, lest I lose a helpful Essence's partnership as a result.

You get enough contracts going and things become very constrained. >.<  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:08 pm
Ishtar Shakti

I don't have gods thus when I have guests I also cater to their gods.
What if their gods don't want you, specifically or generally, catering to them?
Quote:
I don't have to worry about that particular nuance.
Then do we?
Quote:
Though my lack of gods can make people feel uncomfortable thus I don't pantimime words if this is the case.

@ the spiritual rape comment... Raping their ritual site is slightly different then raping their person.
And?

Stealing a priceless heirloom and stealing a soul are both slightly different. Can either be justified?
Quote:
Its much like pissing on marked territory.
*shrug* My subconscious seems to have a mind of its own.
What Tea said.
Quote:

A spiritual pissing contest seems silly to me most of the time... but then again I have met some very rude people. If a person is going to Overtly insult me... lets say this one person I knew who tried to steal something from me in my own house. Or when I was at their place they invaded my personal space with their energy then my gut reaction is to take everything they have.
So instead of eye for an eye, you have all their appendages, eyes, ears, and nose for them having your one eye.

That doesn't sound reasonable.
Quote:

I don't like people trying to mess with me.
So then you turn hypocrite and mess with them?

So it's only ok if you do it?
Quote:

If their god decides to take a moment to try to invade My space without my express invitation then... I may react in a hostile manner.
I wouldn't ******** with other deities.

Were such a thing happening to me, I'd rely on my god, who's much more capable of handling such matters, mayhaps even in a peaceable manner. Further, I wouldn't want to piss off a deity for the sake of one of their practitioners. That's like invokking the wrath of an entire hive just because one of the drones is buzzing in your ear.

I mean, if you're going to be hypocritical and not turn the other cheek, at the very least, don't be stupid about it.
Quote:
It is mostly subconscious
The subconscious can be curbed by the conscious. We can hold back. There is no excuse for letting our subconscious rule us.
Quote:
and usually as most people don't do anything I find very hostile this reaction doesn't occur. Its not like most people are very successful in their attempts. Its just offensive.
You offend me, can I take everything you have?
Quote:

Eduction should win over revenge don't you think?
Do you like being taught with the back of a hand?  

Gho the Girl

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:18 pm
Ishtar Shakti
Nope.

I mean, sure in some cases, but in others, ******** education. All depends on what you do. Course one of my primary Gods has a vengeance aspect, so I'm weird that way.

Furthermore, why are you saying this when your first reaction to having your personal space being invaded was to "take everything they have?"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:21 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Ishtar Shakti
Nope.

I mean, sure in some cases, but in others, ******** education. All depends on what you do. Course one of my primary Gods has a vengeance aspect, so I'm weird that way.

Furthermore, why are you saying this when your first reaction to having your personal space being invaded was to "take everything they have?"
Because she's a parasite and needs to justify her rape of other's spiritual integrity.  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:28 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Ishtar Shakti
Nope.

Because she's a parasite and needs to justify her rape of other's spiritual integrity.
It's generally the case.

I mean, my first reaction to having my personal space invaded is to ask them to vacate it >.>;  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:38 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Ishtar Shakti
Nope.

It's generally the case.

I mean, my first reaction to having my personal space invaded is to ask them to vacate it >.>;

Yeah really. Parasites logic usually doesn't make sense because there's no good logic to be a parasite. It is a truly abhorrent practice.  

Recursive Paradox

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:38 pm
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Ishtar Shakti
Nope.

It's generally the case.

Yeah really. Parasites logic usually doesn't make sense because there's no good logic to be a parasite. It is a truly abhorrent practice.
Parasite Logic: It's the new Psycho b***h Logic.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:55 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Ishtar Shakti
Nope.

It's generally the case.

Parasite Logic: It's the new Psycho b***h Logic.

I actually don't use that word to describe my ex anymore. Mostly cuz Error's working on reclaiming the word for himself, cuz of the Schizotypal and whatnot.

But yes, Parasite logic is indeed the new Abusive ******** logic  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:01 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Ishtar Shakti
Nope.

It's generally the case.

When it happens, likewise.

Then boot them out of your bubble... but taking everything they've got?

Man... especially if it's an accident? ********.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:09 pm
Actually to be entirely honest, that sort of logic ("omg I can't control my urges to metaphysically rape people/it happens automatically, I'm just a black hole and I suck in your life") was exactly the sort of things said by my abusive, rapist ex.

Probably explains why hearing this s**t is so triggering for me.  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:11 pm
Recursive Paradox

Probably explains why hearing this s**t is so triggering for me.
Good guess.

Psychic Leeches get a very bad reaction from me too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:35 am
I'd be happy to participate in most generic pagan rituals that I can think of off the top of my head, as long as they weren't shitting over any cultures or disrespecting any deities.

I'd be a little pickier when it comes to my own gods. I wouldn't participate in a ritual that would generate miasma and I wouldn't do certain magical rituals.  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:47 am
patch99329
I'd be happy to participate in most generic pagan rituals that I can think of off the top of my head, as long as they weren't shitting over any cultures or disrespecting any deities.

I'd be a little pickier when it comes to my own gods. I wouldn't participate in a ritual that would generate miasma and I wouldn't do certain magical rituals.
Is there anything you can think of in the kind of generic neo-pagan rituals that would generate miasma?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff