Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Talking to the gods Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:17 am
TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0

I think Loki is screwing with me though. I had to wake up at 5:30 the other day to be at school by 6:30, and I woke up to my alarm going off quietly at 5:45. And fitting in with the helping you after he screws you up thing he is good at, I went outside to find that my car didnt have any ice on the windows (lately ive had to scrape ice off the car every day). I was only about 5 minutes late instead of 15.
Or... you know- you could have just overslept.

Considering I turned the alarm volume up, I doubt it.
But who knows, this could be my problem. I think the gods are talking to me when they arent, but when they are, I dont think they are.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:05 pm
Yeah- sucks to be you Hun. wink

Really, don't worry about it. All else failing, there is always Gnosis  

TeaDidikai

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:22 pm
Might help if I knew what Gnosis ment sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:35 pm
PhantomPhoenix0
Gnosis- it's Greek... used in this context it speaks of a special kind of "spiritual knowledge" that has a "Truth" to it that my words are failing to explain properly.  

TeaDidikai

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:29 am
TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0
Gnosis- it's Greek... used in this context it speaks of a special kind of "spiritual knowledge" that has a "Truth" to it that my words are failing to explain properly.

Sounds to me that its almost like Eclectic. Could be wrong though.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:35 pm
PhantomPhoenix0
TeaDidikai
PhantomPhoenix0

Sounds to me that its almost like Eclectic. Could be wrong though.
From what I've heard Tea say about it, I thought it was more of a specialized thing than a path per se. You might have gnosis about a certain method of astral projection. Or something. confused I really don't know what it is. xd

Or...I don't know. Like a personal insight rather than a method of belief. Fragment of enlightenment. Satori. Something.  

TheDisreputableDog

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:08 am
Gnosis is basically personal intuition. It's simply a sense of "knowing" some spiritual truth for no other reason than that you just know- or perhaps your personal experiences/studies have led to you believe a certain thing, even though you can't verify it through academic sources.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:12 am
DD and Weben hit it on the head.

I use the word because it (usually) communicates the point I am trying to get across-  

TeaDidikai

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:38 pm
I see. Ill have to keep that in mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:25 pm
PhantomPhoenix0
Ok, I see people saying that they talk to the gods/goddesses, and relate to them, get to know them, etc. How exactly is this done? I have tried clearing my mind to talk to them, but it never really works. I think I have ADD or ADHD, although I havent been diagnosed with it, and whenever I try to meditate or clear my mind, my brain races like a chipmunk on crack. There have been a few times that I might have been talking to the gods, but whenever I ask them a question, I think the response, as if I was just talking to myself in my head.

Does anyone have any tips?

i have the exact same problem. but i've been told in other threads that u don't have to be completely still & blank to meditate...

but as for talking to the gods & goddesses...i'll talk to them outright once in a while...but not much. sorta like a prayer...i dunno. i guess u can talk to them however u feel is right but i don't know for certain.

& about thinking of the response urself...i do that ALL THE TIME i dunno who's talking but i guess it makes sense that i don't know cause i have split personas lol  

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:27 pm
WebenBanu
Gnosis is basically personal intuition. It's simply a sense of "knowing" some spiritual truth for no other reason than that you just know- or perhaps your personal experiences/studies have led to you believe a certain thing, even though you can't verify it through academic sources.
hm...so that's what it is...i've always wondered why i know things i was never taught...i've always thought of it as coming from past lifes...but is that possible? i think so but then i never can tell for certain  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:16 pm
wicked_faery
WebenBanu
hm...so that's what it is...i've always wondered why i know things i was never taught...i've always thought of it as coming from past lifes...but is that possible? i think so but then i never can tell for certain
Ummm... Familiarity with a subject isn't really what Gnosis speaks of in this context. It's more like Faith- a knowledge of a truth, not a practical application of said truth which is what I am taking the underlined point to mean.  

TeaDidikai

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:11 am
TeaDidikai
wicked_faery
WebenBanu
Ummm... Familiarity with a subject isn't really what Gnosis speaks of in this context. It's more like Faith- a knowledge of a truth, not a practical application of said truth which is what I am taking the underlined point to mean.
to be honest i don't know exactly what i meant there...but like. i'll know things like historical events. that normally ppl don't learn about. but eventually a documentary full of facts will come on tv & it'll point out the same things i already knew & in most instances spoke of to others.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:27 pm
wicked_faery
to be honest i don't know exactly what i meant there...but like. i'll know things like historical events. that normally ppl don't learn about. but eventually a documentary full of facts will come on tv & it'll point out the same things i already knew & in most instances spoke of to others.
I've usually heard that called "preta-memory".

Different thing from Gnosis  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:19 pm
TeaDidikai
wicked_faery
I've usually heard that called "preta-memory".
I read too much for that really to be a factor for me. If I seem to know something, it's probably because I read something about it back in the day. Some people feel drawn to certain traditions because they have dreams or visions that later turn out to fit in with practices they had never heard of prior to the dream. It's never worked for me.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff