100%
 100%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 32

Leveller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:50 pm
AnonymousJoe
Leveller
AnonymousJoe
RBF did a monkey man cover, toasters do a prince buster cover, specials do dandy livingston and toots, i even believe that madness does a prince buster cover, my band does a few RBF covers (weve only written one song)

yeah Madness did a cover of Prince Busters song "Madness" and guess where the band got their name from!
(also the song, "The Prince" by Madness is about Prince Buster)
hahaha alot of the 2-tone ska bands cover eachother or first wave bands

eachother I don't know, but yes many 1st wave covers...specials also covered alot (some) old rock songs like roling stones, little b***h, or soul musik, like rufus - do the dog. (both songs are on specials 1st album)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:19 pm
Leveller
AnonymousJoe
Leveller
AnonymousJoe
RBF did a monkey man cover, toasters do a prince buster cover, specials do dandy livingston and toots, i even believe that madness does a prince buster cover, my band does a few RBF covers (weve only written one song)

yeah Madness did a cover of Prince Busters song "Madness" and guess where the band got their name from!
(also the song, "The Prince" by Madness is about Prince Buster)
hahaha alot of the 2-tone ska bands cover eachother or first wave bands

eachother I don't know, but yes many 1st wave covers...specials also covered alot (some) old rock songs like roling stones, little b***h, or soul musik, like rufus - do the dog. (both songs are on specials 1st album)
well ive been listening to two-tone comps the two i have and alot of songs are on both i havnt really looked at who its by its possible its just a different recording of it  

AnonymousJoe

Leveller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:16 pm
what are the comps you have? 'couse if it's true they covered each other I would love to hear it! ^^,  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:27 pm
i have "2-tone compilation: A Checkerd past" and "too much twotone"  

AnonymousJoe

DarkVice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:16 pm
I've seen Big D do a cover of both Little b***h and Wailing Paddle (by The Rudiments) at one show.
Also I have a cover of Little b***h and Kung fu Fighting by Rude Bones (Japan). Potshot (also Japan) has done a ton of covers, most of which are pretty good.
Persiana Jones (italy) has a pretty sweet cover of Hawaii 5-0 and a so-so cover of We're Not Gonna Take It.
I have a really awesome cover of The Tide Is High by the Paragons that I got off the Trojan Ska boxset. And theres another trojan box thats just a Beatles Tribute.

I'm also partial to bands that ocasionally ::ahem:: "borrow" popular songs for the horn part. For example Janitors Against Aprtheid borrowed like three Star Wars songs for their song Breakfast Pastry, and Spies Like Us used With Doctor for the song Little Girl From OUter Space  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:10 pm
There's a local band around me that does a really great cover of Weezer's El Scorcho.
Less Than Jake does a lot of good ones too. I bought a 7" they did with a couple Slayer songs on it, but don't have a record player so I've never heard it.  

twoshoes42

Leveller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:00 pm
DarkVice
Potshot (also Japan) has done a ton of covers, most of which are pretty good.

yeah most of 'em are cool! BUT NOT THE COVER ON TEARS OF A CLOWN,
it's the worst thing I've ever heard...
why did they do it? crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:44 am
I have NO idea who did it, but there's an awesome Inspector Gadget cover flaoting around somewhere. Over the Rainbow in ska form is ******** awesome.  

GLKilowog

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:28 pm
El Scorcho, Inspector gadget, and Over the Rainbow? I really want to hear these.

My favorite covers would have to be "New York, New York" - RBF (what can I say. NY pride) and "Baby Got Back"- Nice Peter (thanks to electric uncle akuma (?) for putting the link in one of the threads!)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:13 am
GLKilowog
I have NO idea who did it, but there's an awesome Inspector Gadget cover flaoting around somewhere. Over the Rainbow in ska form is ******** awesome.
Less Than Jake did a cover of "Over the rainbow"  

One-Eyed Saint

byron_black

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:40 pm
people correct me if im wrong(i am alot) didn't less than jake do an album of grease covers question  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:37 pm
byron_black
people correct me if im wrong(i am alot) didn't less than jake do an album of grease covers question

yep, they did. its called Greased.  

koolbeanzkt

[Play Ziggy]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:25 pm
Sadly I think it's harder to find origional ska songs nowa days....Ohh but I just love the Come Eilenne cover Save Ferris did. That shindig was the bombdiggity!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:51 am
LTJ-Greased Save Ferris-Build Me Up And Come on Eileen. The bosstones did a cover of enter sandman, it was pretty rad, Gimmie Gimmes, i love them,.........Suicide machines, did a cover of What i like about you........thats all i can think of........

Marbles_shrooms

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:16 am
call me weird but I'm actually starting to like covers better than originals.

currently listening to- "take on me" RBF  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces