Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
February Event Planning Thread (Moved) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How long do you think this event should last?
  One week
  Two weeks
  Three weeks
  A month
View Results

IPod Crack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:10 pm
Valentines Day :: Have an Artist Draw Up A Heart Bubble and sell them as Buttons with Graphics. A user pays 1000 gold and receives a Button to put in their sig, that has Theyre name on it, and a small Piece of simple art.

-or-

Hoarde 100 Heart Mood Bubbles. Sell Them Off at A Tad Bit Above MP, and ask the People to Wear them the Whole Month!

Lunar New year :: Towns Event! Have Gaians Hang in Town for the day, collecting bugs, shaking trees for gold, and other fun activities, and ask people to Donate Bugs and Flowers they collected over the day!

Recycling Event :: Have People Hang in town again, all day, and Pick up trash over the day. We will ask them to donate the trash they have Collected. Whoever Obtains the Most Trash, wins some kind of Item that shows reference to the Moon. [Lunar Staff?]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:28 pm
Those are great ideas, Aeux! biggrin Thank you so much for them! *scurries away to edit first post*  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:02 pm
hoarding mood bubbles might be a tad expensive.

and the event regarding obtaining the most trash is rather difficult to monitor. people could just be buying a win from the market.

edits*adds more** did we mention fortune cookies? cuz instead of just giving em a pixel cookie we can play a RNG game with em. each cookie give ya fortune and lucky numbers match the lucky numbers to the ones on the RNG and win a prize.

2 matches=? nother cookie/other things we selling during event?
3 matches=?
4 matches=? art?
5 matches=?

lol i dunno what the prizes can be yet since i feel we should listen to more suggestions/get approval for this first  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:29 am
That might be a little hard to go by, actually. But it's okay, I'll compile all of them. xd xd Lol. Just keep your ideas and suggestions (towards current events, good or bad) coming. Just keep them coming and piling up. The confirmed events will be chosen during January next year.

Ish... Craving... Moar... Ideas... whee whee whee  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

IPod Crack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:25 am
Randomly Out of Nowhere! :: Fishing. Have MODs of the Guild Each IOpen a Fishing Room, Put a Pass on It [AnnualBall] and Only Let Guild Members In. That way we will know who is Participating.

Whatever Fish Caught That Day Is Donated To The Guild!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 am
Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

Have people make or buy virtual Valentine cards and put their user names on it. Then take all of them and randomly give them out to everyone who made a card.

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Ace Unknown

6,650 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:43 pm
Animated hearts!!!! I could put their avatars face in the middle or something.....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:05 am
That's a good idea, Poyudi. Thanks! ^^  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 pm
what about a velintines day date auction? heart  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:37 pm
The auction would be fundraising activity. It usually lasts 10-11 days. I do like that idea on moving it over to the contest committee and using it in the event.

I have a great one. Decorate-the-heart. Where we have a plain heart designed and people have to color the heart in and when they submit they give 100 gold each for the submission price and the winner receives 50% of the profits then the other 50% goes to the annual ball.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:57 am
Thanks for the idea. I'll compile them now and send them to Blissy. hopefully we can discuss about this in the upcoming Meebo meeting.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:32 am
Currently fishing up some things that I did for last valentines that I might be able to contribute.

Though, I am thinking something that might work exceptionally well is 'Have a Heart' - and selling candy hearts. You know those ones with those lil messages on them? :>

Can sell pre-mades for like 500-1k ea. Custom Messages for 2k or so.  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:44 am
Somethings I did last year that might be worth considering:

User Image

I let people roll daily at a chance to receive a prize. If I recall.. I also gave people a chance to gain other spins by various things. It was based on art, but I imagine it could be morphed into something else.

One of the options on the wheel was a mystery prize.. consisting of various things inside the boxes.. all valentines themed stuff.. some junk heart type things and some nicer things.

User Image

I received a lot of outside help on the event-- so I made them a special thank you icon to show appreciation. That might be something especially mindful to think about-- having something extra sweet and special for those who might donate to your cause-- and keep it exclusive.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:05 pm
Is there any way we could do a... well, for lack of a better term, Cupid Service? Have someone buy a Valentines item from us, (card, flower, etc) and then deliver it to the person specified? It could be anonymous or not, but I think it'd be fun. I don't know if it's been suggested yet, but hopefully it's original! razz  

Kala Kirya
Crew

3,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200

I-love-Alfred-and-Iggy

750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:17 pm
For valentines we can have thing like cupid or Aphrodite there both things of love and have the flowers red pink and white and hearts in them for the luner new years when i was looking it up I saw its the year of the tiger so tiger thing.It even siad it was luner new years. 3nodding  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff