Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
Married Girl knows about boys! Ask questions here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Person counter
  +1
View Results

delete_my_existence

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 pm
oh sorry Love xD
you posted so quickly I guess ^^
didn't see your message there before..
or something ^^ ;  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:43 pm
Sinful Nana
Love, I think that the only time age is an issue is in the area you're at now. My husband is 8 years older than me, and it doesn't matter. But he does get that extra pat on the back from his co-workers that he bagged a 24-year-old before he turned 35. XD

Wilson and I got married September 19th this year. But it really feels like nothing has changed. We've been together for 3 years, and that feels like the start of it all. But living together ruins the "Oh, newlyweds!" phase. But I also know that his dirty socks will go under the coffee table, instead of learning that at such an emotionally tenuous time as right after a wedding.

Glad I could oblige, Shinu_Rei

Roses, just keep firm with your message. Either he'll get it, or he's a stalker and you need a restraining order. But also, talk to your parents. They might have some advice that I don't.

OMG YOU GOT MARRIED ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!! LET YOUR MARRIAGE BE THE MOST BLESSED EVER!!!!! (My friend's sister also got married on my birthday lol). Great thread, btw!  

The_Brightest_Moon

lovepurr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:21 pm
why do guy tell you not to hang around any other guys but them but then they go and talk to other girls?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:47 pm
What's the best way to admit your feelings to a guy without like, completely scaring him off...?
He's my best guy-friend on the entire face of the planet, and he makes me feel so amazing and loved, he's just... my sunshine. But I have absolutely no idea if he likes me like that, or just as a friend, and I just can't keep this to myself, I need to tell him. But I don't want to freak him out. Hahaha~

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

PreciosaAngelLatina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:16 am
.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.
What's the best way to admit your feelings to a guy without like, completely scaring him off...?
He's my best guy-friend on the entire face of the planet, and he makes me feel so amazing and loved, he's just... my sunshine. But I have absolutely no idea if he likes me like that, or just as a friend, and I just can't keep this to myself, I need to tell him. But I don't want to freak him out. Hahaha~

i need an answer to this question 2... but mine is a tiiiny littlle bit very much more complicated.
the thing is.... i'm 14 and he's 19. i dont mind the age difference at all. i'm mature enough to be way older than my age (hence the fact i have 19, 17, and 21 year old friends)
he thinks i'm cute, funny and "weird... in a good way"
but PROBLEM ALERT: my friend like him. BEFORE i did. but.. she dumped him. she likes a whole bunch of guys, and sees him as a prize.. not a person, and she says she still likes him.
i love him (i think) and want him to be happy.
but telling him... i dont know if it will make him happy or just confuse him even more ( he has a lot of things on his mind)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:13 am
bunny735
why do guy tell you not to hang around any other guys but them but then they go and talk to other girls?

It's a possession thing. They want to see you as 'Just Mine,' but they don't understand that the shoe is also on the other foot. And also, a lot of guys I know are perma-flirts. If there is a girl around, they'll turn on the charm without even knowing it. Oh, Southern boys are notorious for that!

If it's a problem, speak to him about it. Open up a dialogue, and clear the air. Don't cause a fight, just mention it calmly and tell him that it bothers you, and you wish that he would trust you around other guys and not flirt with other girls.

Good luck!

On to the next message...  

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:20 am
.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

We girls can never fully tell how a guy is going to react to a confession of affection. I remember one time, I liked a guy named Richard. And all of our friends said we would make a great couple. So one morning I pulled him to the side and told him how our friends thought. I was trembling like a leaf, praying that he had even the smallest spark of liking towards me.

He laughed. Called our friends insane. He liked me as a friend, and nothing more. Yes, my heart was broken, but what could I do? I smiled, said "Yeah, me too," I went back to the group. That night I cried my heart out. But when Richard came to my wedding, he was the most fun, and my husband thinks he's a rocking guy. Does my heart still hurt, even a decade later? Yeah. But having him as a friend is still precious to me.

[/rant] Sorry about that. From my opinion and personal experience, the best thing to do, if you want to keep him as a friend, is set up a similar situation, or just don't bring it up. If you have to tell him, make sure it seems joking, or just in passing, and then if he says no, keep it light even though your heart is broken. Make it seem like it's no big deal, and he won't have such an awkward time with it.

*hugs* Good luck. And keep me updated, okay?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:27 am
PreciosaAngelLatina
.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

i need an answer to this question 2... but mine is a tiiiny littlle bit very much more complicated.
the thing is.... i'm 14 and he's 19. i dont mind the age difference at all. i'm mature enough to be way older than my age (hence the fact i have 19, 17, and 21 year old friends)
he thinks i'm cute, funny and "weird... in a good way"
but PROBLEM ALERT: my friend like him. BEFORE i did. but.. she dumped him. she likes a whole bunch of guys, and sees him as a prize.. not a person, and she says she still likes him.
i love him (i think) and want him to be happy.
but telling him... i dont know if it will make him happy or just confuse him even more ( he has a lot of things on his mind)

Your story is a little different, yes, so I've got different advice for you. I'm not going to account age into this, because it's such a massive age gap until I can't really wrap my head around it. I pray it doesn't get in the way for you two! <3

Talk to your friend. If she's a decent friend, she'll move out of the way for you. If she has already dumped him, he's fair game, in my book.

And the sign that I think everything will be okay, no matter what he says is that you want him to be happy. Just keep that goal in mind, and your heart will soar.

So how to approach telling him you like him? Call him up! Talk to him a while! And then tell him you want to hang out and go for dinner or something. (Make sure you have some cash to pay for it, just in case. Nowadays the asker pays for the meal, but if he's a gentleman, he won't let you pay for it.) When it's just you and him together, and you feel like it's about to explode from your chest, tell him gently, "I know you've got a lot on your plate, and drama from your ex/my friend, but your friendship means the world to me. And, I'm pretty sure that there's more to it than that for me. I like you."

And then wait for a response. He could do anything from admitting that he likes you too, or storming out of the restaurant. Be prepared! And make sure to have a lot of tissues handy in your purse. *hugs* I want you to keep me updated, too!  

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:28 am
The_Brightest_Moon

OMG YOU GOT MARRIED ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!! LET YOUR MARRIAGE BE THE MOST BLESSED EVER!!!!! (My friend's sister also got married on my birthday lol). Great thread, btw!

XD Thanks so much! And I'm glad you like the thread. Just trying to give back to the female community! <3  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:36 am
Well me and my bf have been together have been together for like 6 months now and i have a few guy friends. When they are around he gets all serious and gets a little possessive, is he jealous or just a little obsessed?  

Poisoned by Pandas

8,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:47 am
Him being possessive at that time is just like a dog marking his territory. He's telling the other guys, "This is mine. Don't you dare touch." It's actually a good sign. But if it begins to become a problem, open a dialogue with him. Talk to him about it. It'll help your relationship in the long run.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:29 am
Sinful Nana
The_Brightest_Moon

XD Thanks so much! And I'm glad you like the thread. Just trying to give back to the female community! <3

3nodding I currently have no guy questions but it's fun to read through and sort of "gather" advice in case I need it. Or remember the thread so I can come back if I need some haha  

The_Brightest_Moon

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 am
xp I'll always be here. And if there's something that's a little too delicate for a public forum, I do give advice over PMs. 3nodding And even stuff that isn't relationship-based, I can advise on a lot of stuff. ninja

Moon, I congratulate your decision to be single for now. (Read it on the thread somewhere) Not looking for someone is a massive decision, and was quite a chore for me. XP  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:32 am
how can i talk 2 my crush if i'm too shy? confused  

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:23 am
If shyness is an issue, you can always write a note. Or, if you're lucky enough to have their cell number, text them! We're at an era where you don't have to be an extrovert to get your point across! Instant Messages are perfect for getting to know someone without having your shyness tie you down.!

But if even that doesn't work, try to get to know your crush as a friend first. That way, by the time you are comfortable with them, you'll have a period of time where you weren't so shaky and trembly around them.

*hugs* Good luck.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces