Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Mariya's journal: trim for my birthday! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you put sugar or sweetener in your tea?
  Yes
  Sometimes/depends
  No
  I don't drink tea
  Gold
View Results

Sunsway

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:37 pm
WEEK 1 DAY 7 - TUESDAY 8 DECEMBER 2009

FOOD:

Breakfast: Wholegrain cereal (Weet-Bix) with banana, almonds, honey and soy milk.

Lunch: Half a slice of spinach quiche, salad (mostly cabbage with bits of other vegetables and an Italian dressing).

Dinner: Vinegret and a small piece of Thai-style chicken (homemade).

Snacks: Dry figs

Drinks: Green tea, black tea, water

EXERCISE:

- Cycling 1 hr 50 mins

COMMENTS: Weigh-in tomorrow! O noez! Actually o ya'z, I dunno how I handled not getting on the scale this long, lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:49 pm
WEEK 1 WEIGH-IN: 9 DECEMBER 2009

Height: 5"7
Starting weight: 138.5 lbs / 63 kg
Ending weight: 135.5 lbs / 61.4 kg
Loss: 3 lbs / 1.6 kg

Timed exercise totals:

Yoga: 1 hr 20 mins
Cycling: 4 hrs 10 mins

Challenge for Week 2: Limit dry fig intake to 6 pieces a day (non-cumulative, lol).

COMMENTS: 3 lbs! Yes!!!! I'm very happy with that. It's like a fresh breeze in my sails. I hope it'll keep me going for the next week. ;3  

Sunsway

Sunsway

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:18 am
WEEK 2 DAY 1 - WEDNESDAY 9 DECEMBER 2009

FOOD:

Breakfast: Wholegrain oats with banana, almonds and honey.

Lunch: 1 boiled egg with mayo, some broccoli and cherry tomatoes; 2 pieces of wholegrain rye crispbread with sundried tomato spread.

Dinner: Smoothie and vinegret.

Snacks: Dry figs, apple, tomato and cucumber with fresh dill.

Drinks: Green tea, water

EXERCISE:

- Cycling 1 hr 10 mins
- Yoga 1 hr 30 mins (group session with instructor)

Challenge: met.

COMMENTS: Okay, so I was hungry today. I tried to 'binge' as healthily as I could. <_< I'm not too happy about that sundried tomato spread (it's a processed thing full of -- ), though thankfully I didn't have too much. I'm thinking that this hunger might have been brought on by a number of things:
- Not having soy milk (calcium) for breakfast;
- Drinking less water than usual;
- Not snacking on as many figs as I wished;
- My body is trying to tell me something: I'm not getting enough of some essential vitamin from my diet.

On another note, I want to eat more fish (maybe a few times a week) -- but I'll have to learn to cook it first, and I have no idea how. =C If anyone has any light, healthy fish recipes please do share! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:23 am

Congrats on your 3lbs!! That's always really exciting. I hope it does continue to make you strive to lose more. biggrin

And no wonder you were up so 'early' my time. You're in Aussie! *just noticed* Well, the world feels a little smaller, you know? You have people half way across the globe with the same goals as you. <33

Anbaachan

Sunsway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:38 am
WEEK 2 DAY 2 - THURSDAY 10 DECEMBER 2009

FOOD:

Breakfast: Wholegrain cereal (Weet-Bix) with banana, almonds, honey and soy milk.

Lunch: Brown rice with Thai-style chicken (homemade), some borccoli and cherry tomatoes.

Dinner: Smoothie, vinegret.

Snacks: Dry figs

EXERCISE:

- Jogging 15 min

Challenge: met.

COMMENTS: I tried brown rice for the first time. It's actually quite good. I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to cook it because it absorbs way more water than white rice.

Anbaachan

Congrats on your 3lbs!! That's always really exciting. I hope it does continue to make you strive to lose more. biggrin

And no wonder you were up so 'early' my time. You're in Aussie! *just noticed* Well, the world feels a little smaller, you know? You have people half way across the globe with the same goals as you. <33

Thanks! =3 Internet does make the world seem smaller, lol.

Until you actually get out there without the technology, look around, and realize that it's still wild and wide. I wish we had better hiking trails in Western Australia. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:09 am
WEEK 2 DAY 3 - FRIDAY 11 DECEMBER 2009

FOOD:

Lunch: Nothing. Busy, crappy day. Not going into details.

Dinner: Potatoes (fried) and vinegret

Snacks: Banana, a handful of almonds, some cherry tomatoes, smoothie

EXERCISE:

- Jogging 15 mins

Challenge: Met.

COMMENTS: I had a stressful couple of days,. The staff at uni don't give a fly about their students. I can't believe they still have a job -- they're not very good knowledge workers.  

Sunsway

Sunsway

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:28 am
WEEK 2 DAY 4 - SATURDAY 12 DECEMBER 2009

FOOD:

Lunch: Boiled egg with mayo; tomato, cucumber and dill.

Dinner: Vinegret and some Thai-style chicken (homemade)

Snacks: Plum, apricot, some cornflakes (plain) with yogurt (mixed berry, regular).

EXERCISE:

- :'C

COMMENTS: There's a nest of swallows in my backyard (such beautiful birds), and one of the chicks fell out. It could fly a little, but not high and not very well. Some aiming problems too, lol. My dog chased it into the neighbors' backyard. The neighbors are away on vacation, so my mom and I launched a rescue operation. I had to (guiltily) scramble over the fence, catch the bird, scramble back, and then climb up a nearly vertical ladder (my dad supported it) to get the little guy (or girl) back to its lofty nest. It was such a tiny thing, frail and dark-eyed. Its parents were in quite a state, and welcomed it back. =3 Happy ending.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:57 pm
WEEK 2 DAY 5 - SUNDAY 13 DECEMBER 2009

FOOD:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with banana, almonds and honey.

Lunch: Korean dish: white rice with vegetables.

Dinner: 2 rolls: one with ricotta and spinach and the other with philadelphia and sundried tomatoes.

Dessert: 1 piece of pie with plum (homemade)

Snacks: Dry figs, plum, 2 apricots, grapes, almonds

EXERCISE:

- Climbing. Difficult to time.

COMMENTS: The swallow chick from yesterday took another dive from the nest while learning to fly. I locked the dog inside and let him be. He was at it all day, his parents fretting around him the whole while. By the evening, he was actually quite good! (Though still a bit of a klutz). There's one more in the nest that's not as adventurous. There were three in the beginning though, I don't know where the other one went. =(  

Sunsway

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:22 pm
Aww that's sweet you've been helping a little bird =w= -hugs- i usually do it with stray cats though :'D you're so sweet. and congrats on loosing the weight -nod- and keep up the good work.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:19 pm
Anzelia La Belle
Aww that's sweet you've been helping a little bird =w= -hugs- i usually do it with stray cats though :'D you're so sweet. and congrats on loosing the weight -nod- and keep up the good work.

Thanks! =3 It's just the most adorable thing. Surprisingly trusting for a wild bird, too. I think that that might be because it could see us walking around underneath the nest since while it was growing up, so it knew us. I dunno. But I'm glad. And all the chicks have left the nest now, too! Hopefully we'll have some more swallows there next year.

And it's a great thing you're doing for stray cats. =3 We don't have a lot of strays where I live (they're in shelters). I guess many survive off of peoples' kindness -- volunteers or just those who put out a bowl of leftovers once in a while for them to find.  

Sunsway

Sunsway

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:25 pm
WEEK 2 DAY 6 - MONDAY 14 DECEMBER 2009

FOOD:

Breakfast: Wholegrain Weet-Bix with strawberries, almonds, honey and soy milk.

Lunch: A small piece of homemade Thai chicken with a ricotta and spinach roll.

Dinner: Boiled potato with dill; pickles with crushed garlic; a little bit of smoked herring.

Dessert: Low fat, gluten-free icecream.

Snacks: Dry figs, banana, grapes, some cornfalkes (plain) with strawberries and yogurt (mixed berry, regular, and outdated =C)

Drinks: Green tea, water, half a glass of white wine.

EXERCISE:

- Cycling 1 hr 50 mins;
- Jogging 15 mins

COMMENTS: ... I don't think I'll be losing much, if anything, this week. Ah well. (Though I really hope I do).

Oh, and four swallows fluttering around now. =3 They're all grown up now! How sad. Is this what it feels like when your kid goes off to college?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:38 am
X-ponential
Anzelia La Belle

Thanks! =3 It's just the most adorable thing. Surprisingly trusting for a wild bird, too. I think that that might be because it could see us walking around underneath the nest since while it was growing up, so it knew us. I dunno. But I'm glad. And all the chicks have left the nest now, too! Hopefully we'll have some more swallows there next year.

And it's a great thing you're doing for stray cats. =3 We don't have a lot of strays where I live (they're in shelters). I guess many survive off of peoples' kindness -- volunteers or just those who put out a bowl of leftovers once in a while for them to find.

hehe yeah. =3 i remember taking care of some ground hogs, when i used to walk home from school they were fat little critters all wobbly while they tried to catch me =w= i found some kids beating them up and kicked their asses. then i nursed the poor things to health. i made them a nest and everything in this lady's yard (she would take care of them till school was out) they now appear near my house to play. =w=  

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

Sunsway

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:27 am
Anzelia La Belle

hehe yeah. =3 i remember taking care of some ground hogs, when i used to walk home from school they were fat little critters all wobbly while they tried to catch me =w= i found some kids beating them up and kicked their asses. then i nursed the poor things to health. i made them a nest and everything in this lady's yard (she would take care of them till school was out) they now appear near my house to play. =w=

@_@ That's horrible! I remember a story on the news about how some drunk AFL/rugby/whatever player was swinging a wallaby (or some other Australian critter) by the tail, and all it did was damage his reputation plus some insignificant 'fine' that wasn't even a slap on the wrist. x_x We really need firmer animal cruelty laws (at least in Australia). It's like child abuse is a serious crime, but animals -- who are just as, if not more, helpless -- aren't such a big deal. It just rubs me the wrong way. People are animals too, we just put ourselves on a pedestal -- self-absorbed and destructive. Other animals just live to survive and are stronger for it, and deserve our respect.

Uhm, sorry for the ramble. I have strong opinions about this. e_e Whatever you did to those crazy kids, I hope it hurt. Or at least terrified their little minds.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:35 am
WEEK 2 DAY 7 - TUESDAY 15 DECEMBER 2009

FOOD:

Breakfast: 1 slice rye bread with philadelphia; a plate of fruit (grapes, strawberries, peach).

Lunch: 1 ricotta & spinach roll; boiled egg with mayo; tomato and cucumber with dill.

Dinner: Homemade vegetable soup; half a slice of rye bread with cheese.

Dessert: Low fat, gluten-free icecream (probably more than I should have had); 1 piece of homemade plum pie.

Snacks: Dry figs, some cornfalkes (plain) with strawberries and yogurt (regular), pear, banana, almonds

EXERCISE:

- ='C

COMMENTS: There was a cloud of smoke hanging over the city and surrounds this morning, blown over from a bushfire. Apparently the bushfire was deliberately lit to clear old vegetation (a regular practice) but burned out of control. I just closed the windows and stayed home -- even the birds were silent until the wind changed and blew the smoke away.

Also, I fashioned a perch out of a salvaged lamp and a branch for my cockatiel. He was only too happy to get out of the cage, lol.  

Sunsway

Sunsway

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:43 am
WEEK 2 WEIGH-IN: 16 DECEMBER 2009

Height: 5"7
Starting weight: 135.5 lbs / 61.4 kg
Ending weight: 136 lbs / 61.6 kg
Gain: 0.5 lbs / 0.2 kg

Timed exercise totals:

Yoga: 1 hr 30 mins
Cycling: 2 hrs
Jogging: 45 mins
Climbing: not timed.

Challenge for Week 3: Drink at least 1.8 liters of water on days I'm not working; at least 1.2 liters on days that I am working. This referring to pure water -- tea and other drinks not included in the amount.

COMMENTS: Okay, a small gain this week. I'm not too bothered -- I'll just shrug it off and move forward. I think I didn't drink enough water, thus eating more. On the other hand, I might have gained muscle. o_O Ah well, better luck next time. (Not to imply that weight loss is luck ;3)  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff