Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Calory counting; how can you live with it?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crazyanimefan

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:46 pm
I guess you can say I count calories. I look at the label if there is one and then make a decision on how much I want to eat depending on the nutrition, calories, and how hungry I am at the moment. I'm not really picky about it, and I do treat myself now and then. If I do, I just dont worry about it and run a little longer and harder at my next workout.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:50 am
I do it from time to time just out of curiosity to see if I'm burning enough calories. But I never deprive myself of food, ever. If I have too many calories, I go for a walk. And I use an iphone app to count calories cause otherwise it's too complicated for me  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:15 am
What Anbaachan said :'D That's usually what I do. I also find its a good way to keep me from going under and stops me from excessive restricting. =w=;; which i tended to do for the last 13 years. Also its recommended when dieting so you know how to portion. And thus figure out what will give you the desired results.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:36 pm
I have an App on my iPhone that counts everything for me, so it became extremely easy to do.
I have since lost said phone, but I generally eat the same things often, and know all the caloric content. It can get kind of obsessive though... >>;  

Sith Faced

Spacey Nymph

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 pm
Dementia DarkMoon
I have an App on my iPhone that counts everything for me, so it became extremely easy to do.
I have since lost said phone, but I generally eat the same things often, and know all the caloric content. It can get kind of obsessive though... >>;

Oh don't I know >.>;;;  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:03 pm
I count calories, yes.

But it's not as restricting as it sounds.

Lately, I've started planning out my meals the night before.
So this way, I tend not to overeat, and know that I am making healthy choices. And I'm actually way fuller!

I've found the more I just allow myself to get hungry, and eat on the spot, the more I make bad choices. But if I make a plan, and stick to it, it's relatively easy.

The calories just helps me know I am eating enough. Because when you're dieting, and trying to eat "healthier" foods, a lot of them don't have as many calories as you might be used to. So I have to eat MORE, otherwise I'm essentially starving myself and could cause a lot of fat storage.  

CondomAtTheCrimeScene

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games