Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
It's About Time That I Stop Complaining About My Weight. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I've got to eat healthier to reach my goals!
  You can do it!
  Everything in moderation! D;
  Just stick to cake; it doesn't matter.
View Results

Sunsway

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:57 am
Hey, you're doing great. I see plenty of fruit and veggies. 3nodding How long do you have until prom?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:54 pm
I'll keep you my dirty little secret...

@X-ponential: Thanks! I happen to like fruit and veggies, so I'm just lucky in that sense. xD I know my prom is in May, so hopefully, I can lose that extra weight by then! c:

...don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret.

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm

I was preparing for an anime convention, and I disappeared for a few days, but I'm back! I ate poutine and other fattening foods while at the convention, but it's back to the same old routine of trying to eat well!

12/14/2009!

Today I ate:

- One slice of whole wheat bread + butter
- About 2 cups of baby carrots
- About 1 cup of rice + green beans + potatoes
- One apple
- Half an oatmeal cookie
- About 2 cups of fruit
- One glazed raisin bread pastry thing

And dinner looks like sandwiches + some sort of juice.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:04 pm
Ok, remember to eat protein before a work out, eggs, meat, etc, but don't eat TOO much of these if you aren't gonna work out that day.

Edit: and if you could replace white bread with multi grain, that would be GREAT
you're doing a wonderful job, keep up the good work!  

SMOKEYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:05 pm

@Dr_Phish: You're right; I don't tend to eat too much protein, aside from green beans. I don't really like meat all that much.
As for multigrain bread, that's the only kind of bread I eat aside from rye. I don't like the taste of white bread; it's got no texture. My real problem is the over-intake of white rice, but I can't really help what my parents cook me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:58 pm
Maybe you could ask them to switch to brown rice, pretty please? That stuff's supposed to be better. o_O  

Sunsway

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:51 pm

@X-ponential: I did once, but my brother and sister don't like it, so it's not fair to the whole family that they need to eat what I want to. ^^;

The white rice is mixed with some wild rice, so it's probably a little better for you, and it tastes good. c:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:44 pm

You know, I've become less frequent with my updates, but since the holidays start tomorrow, I will probably focus more on trying to keep healthy and in shape!

For the daily eating report:

- One orange
- Two chocolate cookies (about 140 calories)
- About two cups of pasta in red sauce
- About 2 1/2 cups of baby carrots
- One apple
- About 2 cups of fruit

Dinner looks like rice + potatoes and some sort of veggie. I think I'll have time to go to the gym tonight! c:

LATER: Dinner was rice and potatoes + broccoli. c: And I did manage to get to the gym, but only for a little while. I ran on the treadmill for 18 minutes and did about 20 minutes of weight training. When I got back, I ate a small container of yogurt (40 calories).

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Today hasn't been the greatest day. I walked home after school to discover that my house was empty and that I had forgotten my house keys. So I walked over to Subway since I was hungry (about a 30 minute walk + the 25 minutes of walking home from school) and bought something there.

For what I've eaten today:

- About 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats cereal + milk
- About 2 cups of baby carrots
- Two small cookies
- One granola bar
- One cheese string
- A six-inch roast beef sandwich from Subway (with lettuce, hot peppers, green peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and cheese + barbeque sauce and hot sauce) on 9-Grain Honey Oat bread.
- A bowl of fruit (about 3 cups)

Not sure what dinner is yet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:29 am
Overzealous Hibernation

I walked home after school to discover that my house was empty and that I had forgotten my house keys.

rofl Ah, that brings back memories! When my sister and I forgot the keys, we had to literally break into our own house. First we'd climb over the fence and try the back door, and then we'd pry open a window, get the screen out, and climb through. It looked like two random kids breaking into someone's house, but our neighbors were used to it. rolleyes  

Sunsway

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:19 pm

@X-ponential: That's pretty epic. xD I tried the back door, but it was also locked, and there aren't any good trees I can climb to get to the windows, so I just gave up and walked to Subway. xD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:25 pm

So, for today's eating schedule, I had:

- About 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats cereal + milk
- A Manderin Chicken salad from Wendy's + Italian vinaigrette dressing
- A small frozen yogurt (strawberry + mango)

Looks like I'm going to end up eating a bowl of fruit for a snack and rice + potatoes + cucumbers for dinner.

LATER: I managed to get my Christmas shopping done, after about 2 hours of wandering around at the mall. Hurray! I even made it to the gym, and ran on the treadmill for about 15 minutes + used the crosstrainer for 10 minutes.

I did end up eating fruit as my snack, and dinner was 1/2 bowl of rice + potatoes + cucumbers and glass of orange juice.

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:14 am

I just calculated the amount of calories I ate yesterday, and it came up to about 1200. O_O; I'm pretty sure that too little, but I just followed the 'eat when you're hungry, stop when you're not' rule. Strange.

Anyway, I just convinced my mom not to throw out the Chewy Chips Ahoy cookies, so I'll probably end up eating them. D; Still, Christmas is a time to indulge, so as long as I only eat say, a few cookies a day, I should be alright. c:

So, today I've eaten:

- About 1 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal + milk
- A small bag of chips (90 calories)

I'll update it later when I've eaten more. c:

LATER: Okay! So, I've also eaten:

- A ham and cheese sandwich on whole grain bread
- A bowl of fruit (about 3 cups).

Dinner looks like noodles, but I'm going to try and get a workout in before then! c:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:28 am
1200 is very little..:[ too little I think.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17750215

You should take a look at this thread made earlier and listen to the pod cast. It's very very very informative and talks about how much you should be eating.

You should also calculate your BMR. :0 !  

Ligand

Anbaachan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:11 am

1200 calories is the very minimum I would go, when it comes to dieting. And I wouldn't make it a daily thing. I mean, I understand just eating when you are hungry, but you should eat a really good meal.

You say you don't care for meat much, so you need to make that protein up elsewhere. Try asking your mother for some beans. Or eggs. Tofu. You need the protein in your body. It helps raise your metabolism as well as helps gain muscle mass.

Other than that, your intake of fruit and veggies is great. Good luck!

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff