Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Room Host Applications <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jake Jun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:17 pm
Username: Jake Jun

Average time on Gaia (per day): Any time I'm on the computer. ._. I spend 8 hours at school and about 30m-1h doing other things. If nothing comes up, I should be on nearly all day. :3
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: As soon as I wake up to as soon as I go to sleep? :3
Who would you like to host with?: Anyone who's nice? Uh... Hm... Panda of Twilight? D: Lady Angelishia?
The room you want most: Dark Roommmmm
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: main room, room of wisdom and arts, beauty room
Rooms you DO NOT want: Hmm... Forest room?
People who you feel you would work best with: I can work with almost anyone, really! :3
What are your strengths for this position?: I've been roleplaying since I was 10, for one. I write stories and mangas, I have 6mil (is that a strength? An advantage at least?) I love brainstorming ideas, creativity, and humor, . I'm kind of leaderish, I guess, but I rather work with people then above them. I like when things look cool. I draw a whole bunch of awesome stuff (especially in photoshop) and I make banners and post styles. I draw anime? And... I make games. In flash, renpy, and vn. Plus, I like designing activities. (something you learn from dealing with a ton of little kids) OH, I love mythology. I know almost everything about aphrodite, Troy, Zeus, Helen, Hermes, Oddyseus... I know Poseidon's history too, for the most part. I can easily recite the life of Hades in less than a few seconds. Athena too. When people get off task and act like idiots I get frustrated though. :<

Room Ideas:
As an overall plot idea, maybe we could have all the Gods of each room warring against the other rooms? And people had to choose one of the rooms, and all of the gods tried to get people to come to their room? Like that? :3

DAAARKKKK ROOOOOM ::
-Hades and Persephone problems? :[
-It could be like a restaurant! Where the waiters are skeletons! And all the candles burn violet! Black marble!
-Ghosts! :3
-gothic art contest
-the post styles. MUST. LOOK. AWESOME. Black roses, or white roses with blood drops... OOH! We could use vines as post dividers! THE BANNERS! O GAWD THE BANNERS. We could also use bones as post dividers! OSGOSDRGJDG...! -bloodspurt-
-a raffle; the winner gets "war of the warlords" aka gift of ares ;3

SEAAA ROOOOOOM::
-Poseidon vs Athena?
-Hmmm.... Perhaps Poseidon's trident could be missing? :3
-avatar contest! :3 Ocean theme of course~

Wisdom and Artsssss ::
-Poetry contest, rp contest, writing contest, something like that?

~Beauty ♥ Room~ ::
-maybe some kind of dating contest poem thing. Like one of those 'bachelor' type deals.

User Information: Most of the reasons I think I put under my strengths. :3 I was in last year's ball and it was AWESOME. I want to be a part of giving someone else as awesome of an experience as me. I've roleplayed since I knew how to type, and I love writing plots... I can't promise that I'll be perfect, but I can promise that I'll spend everything I can just to try. x3  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:11 pm
Username:

Average time on Gaia (per day): 2-4 hours weekdays, 5-12+ hours weekends
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: evening on weekdays, afternoon and the middle of the night on weekends(all based on EST)
Who would you like to host with?: I'm fine with anyone who isn't very stubborn.

The room you want most:The Room of Darkness
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: The Forest Room, The Room of Wisdom and Arts, Main Room
Rooms you DO NOT want: The Room of Beauty
People who you feel you would work best with: Smart people
What are your strengths for this position?: I'm a good leader, I am very intelligent, and I know how to layout pages, write dialogue, etc. I am also good with plots.

Room Ideas: Dark Room:
- an arena(more for Ares than Hades)
- an avi contest
- a debate (not a logical debate, really, just more of a silly, illogical bit of fun)

The Room of Wisdom and Arts
- a sculpture contest (it would really be a drawing, but to look like a sculpture)

Main Room
- You could pledge allegiance to a certain god, and have contests/ rewards bound to that god

The Forest Room:
- An archery contest (you would roll dice to see where you hit)

User Information: I was a big fan of last year's ball, and would love to share my experience with others. I have also done many papers and read many books on Greek mythology(more than the Percy Jackson books, too)  

kingbirdy

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:41 pm
Username: Shunatsu

Average time on Gaia (per day): Currently 2 to 4 hours on weekdays, more during the weekends. However that might change next year.
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: Morning to afternoon, depending on my schedule.
Who would you like to host with?: Anyone is fine, but it'll be great if it's with someone experienced (and knows art, if required).

The room you want most: News Room/Dark Room
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: The Celebration Room, The Forest Room, Dark Room/News Room
Rooms you DO NOT want: None
People who you feel you would work best with: Fine with anyone who's okay. but best if they're experienced
What are your strengths for this position?: I'm good multi-tasking and combining different ideas together to form something. I've had experienced in plots as well as news-casting. I'm a writer myself, and a pretty good rp player.

Room Ideas:
News Room:
~ Can have a name of 'Greek Times' and a slogan of the reporting, location held at the highest peak of Mount Olympus
~ Best Reporter Contest could be held, as well as a News Room Banner Contest, as well as Best Avi contest to name a few

Dark Room:
~ It can have a very dark home setting, with black and dark purple flames and old looking lamps and mirrors, just basically eerie
~ The plot will focus on Hades, Persephone and a little of Demeter. In which participants might have to help Persephone hide secrets and plots from escaping and help her escape. Participants can choose who they wish to help: Hades from keeping Persephone or Persephone who wishes to escape.
~ The Creepiest Avi contest and art contests can be held.

Forest Room:
~ A Forest Glade setting, with flowers and plants and twigs as the furniture, all with a magical touch to it. The Glade will be hidden among the trees, and participants will have to search for it for awhile before stumbling upon it, meeting many things on the way (even the God/Goddess!) Though a draft might be made for them beforehand just in case. The Rolll Dice could be used to determine which direction they'll go.
~ Again, an avi contest might suffice. The plot itself might be a contest, given if they're searching for the Gods or something.
~ The plot focuses on a sad Artemis, who just lost her beloved lover Orion. The Prince of Centaurs could also be having slight problems which his kind in the forest, in which Artemis might slay due to her grief. At least, something like that. xp

The Celebration Room:
~ The plot itself could twine itself together with the Dark Room, as Demeter might be grieving for her child's return. Due to her grief, harvest is slow and God Dionysus is trying to cheer her up to get the celebration going.
~ It'll be a very merry setting, almost like party, except that it's held in Mount Olympus. Shiny golden goblets with red wine will be around the room, and food from harvest is placed on the table. All very grand.
~ An art contest (like drawing the food portrait like in the Renaissance or anything of the sorts would be alright).

User Information: I have many experiences in news-casting and reporting in real life, be it live or on paper. I also have experiences in plots (mainly educational), though all of them are done in real life. Also, I would be thinking and planning out about everything in the room when I'm offline, so I'm always ready for anything during discussions and there's no need to worry about when my online hours reduce. I also love to help out in anything (that has nothing to do with arts).

- Edited -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:03 pm
Username:MetalPacman4

Average time on Gaia (per day):3-4 hours
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?:Afternoon and nights
Who would you like to host with?:

As for the rooms, I have no idea because I'm new. Barely had my account for 6 month, but I would really like to help in anyway 3nodding

User Information:
the only thing i can say is that i ready to help at anytime ^_^  

MetalPacman4

Aged Gaian

9,875 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:21 pm
Username:Poyudi Hytori

Average time on Gaia (per day): When I'm on Gaia. About 3 to 4 hours avg. Although during the ball I'm normally on at least 6 hours, normally 8 or more.

When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: Random time really. But if I know in advance, I can be online at any time.

Who would you like to host with?: Anyone. but I'd prefer someone who knows what their doing.

The room you want most: The Forest Room. Although I'll most Likely be doing the news room as sara. (As well I hope.)

Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: Any of the others.

Rooms you DO NOT want: [is left blank.]

People who you feel you would work best with: Well, That's a long list.

What are your strengths for this position?: I've been room host twice in the past. So I know what I'm doing. I'm great at coming up with a plot. And playing a role. (A character in a story.)

Room Ideas: briefly list at least three ideas you have for the room that you want most and one idea each for the three rooms you would be ok with (ex. room names, contests, plot ideas).

Forest:

Name: The whispering wind woods.

Contests:

The call of nature: Basically the idea will be to search for clues that will tell where the "Forest Spirit" has disappeared too. The first person to finish this little quest is the winner.

Plot:

(I'm not up to date with the main plot at this point so this comes out of thin air.)

Whispering winds woods is home to the 4 elemental spirits. These spirits dance, the seasons change, and the Gods remain happy. However the spirits have disappeared, and in their place, nothing but shadows. This causes the seasons to go out of balance. All four seasons are happening all at once! Some of the forest is buried under the snow of winder, while others are filled with the heat of summer. A meadow where flowers bloom in spring, is next to trees with the golden colors of fall. The Gods are now angry with the Forest. We must find the Spirits before the forest disappears forever.

The Sea:

Plot:

The waters flow calmly against the rocks. A truly peaceful scene. But is all what it appears to be? No it's not. For the power to control these seas has been lost to the Gods. Some seem to think that a shadow monster stole it away.

The Dark Room:

Plot:

This castle holds many dark secrets. Could demons truly live here? Where are the Lost souls that should be found here? What is going on?

(Basically the hosts never tell anyone a single secret of the castle. However, hints to what is going on will be made. In the end, nothing is learned of the castle, and it simply disappears.)

User Information: tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc).

I hosted the Ruins room in the 6th ball, The dragon's nest in the 7th, and the news room in the 7th. Actually, the one(s) picking the room hosts should already know the answer to this one.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:39 am
Username: Maryette Von Helson

Average time on Gaia (per day):3 1/2-7 7/8 hours!
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: All three!
Who would you like to host with?:
Anyone who can go with the flow!

The room you want most: I'd love to be a host for any of them, but I do like Dark things, like the Dark Room, and I would looooove to do the Room of Beauty! I do plan on coordinating my avatar with the theme, and I'd just love to have on a beautiful, elegant dress.
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: Any
Rooms you DO NOT want: My least favorite is probably the sea room, though I'd host it if you'd give me the chance!
People who you feel you would work best with: People who can express their opinions, and not afraid to do so.
What are your strengths for this position?:
I am a bit of a Martha Stewart----- I love to plan things out and I sometimes stay up 'til 12 o' clock planning things.
I can entertain people.

Room Ideas: briefly list at least three ideas you have for the room that you want most and one idea each for the three rooms you would be ok with (ex. room names, contests, plot ideas).
Room of Beauty
-full of roses and daphodils, maybe a meadow with party tables with little cups of tea on them.
-could have a little dance space
-I picture this room as: Filled with flowers and elegant and somewhat girly things.
Dark Room:
- Creepy castle with fog
Forest Room:
-Alive with centaurs and things like that,
Main Room:
-The entrance to Mt. Olympus

User Information: tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc).
-I can Entertain
-I can, to the best of my ability, maintain a great place to stay including friendliness and open-ness towards the guests.
-I can plan things thouroughly and efficiently within a few days.
-I can supply scetches of what you think the room should look like
-I work great with others.
-Can work by myself if I have to.
-I can help everybody If I'm allowed/needed- like running errands and such things like that.

Dark Elf Battle Medic

Medic

eregantu_hana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:03 am
Username: eregantu_hana

Average time on Gaia (per day): about three hours
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: Night
Who would you like to host with?: Anyone who is fun!

The room you want most: The Forest Room, or the Room of Beauty!
Rooms you DO NOT want: None!
People who you feel you would work best with: Anyone really!
What are your strengths for this position?: I'm a clubber! I know what it is the party goers want! plus, I have GREAT tolerance and patience levels, and I'm a people person!

Room Ideas: Forest Room: For this room, we could have a kind of an... "Go Green" theme to go with it. Everyone wears an article of green. For the beauty room, do a "Pick a gem or flower and coordinate to go with it" kind of thing. Hm... for the Sea Room, shake off the chill of winter, with a Sea-side beach party!

User Information: I'm relatively new and this is a great experience for anyone to have! Plus, this could be a great opportunity to meet some new people!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Username: XxEmoLifexX_GPD

Average time on Gaia (per day): 24 Hours ( On Weekends ONLY)
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: All Day
Who would you like to host with?: Moria and the Grimm Reaper

The room you want most: Dark Room
Rooms you DO NOT want: N/A
People who you feel you would work best with: Im a People Person
What are your strengths for this position?: Im goth. Im always having dark thoughts. but I believe that the only obstacle in my way is Gold issues

Room Ideas: briefly list at least three ideas you have for the room that you want most and one idea each for the three rooms you would be ok with (ex. room names, contests, plot ideas). Hells Pit, Gothic Chapel, Alternative Hangout
Hells Pit: Ok Here The Contest is the scariest costume....and the Plot..
A runaway has been sent to the dark caverns of hell, it is our job to find out who it is and when you figure it out, you get and item and a clue...When you have the clue try to decpher it and if its correct You win a prize
Gothic Chapel: Contest: Gothiest Outfit, Plot Outline: Find A Gothic Lover in this Chapel of Darkness
Alternative Hangout: Contest: Yo Mama Contest, Plot Outline, Just hanging out and parting at the house is where the YO MAMA contest is ( Needs 2 judges including myself)

User Information: tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc). I hosted a Marine Corps Birthday Ball for my JROTC Unit back in November, if this doesnt qualify me enough IDK what will  

XxEmoLifexX_GPD

Pirate Radio FM

2,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:56 pm
Username:

Average time on Gaia (per day):2 to 8 hours on Monday through Friday on the weekend about 3 or 4 hours
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?:Afternoon, Night
Who would you like to host with?:Anyone

The room you want most:The Dark Room
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting:The Sea Room, The Room of Beauty.
Rooms you DO NOT want: The Main Room and the News Room
People who you feel you would work best with: Anyone
What are your strengths for this position?: I'm a really good writer and a excellent RPer and easy to get along with i'm on almost all day except for weekends so i'd be active and that's about it so thank you for reading this.
Room Ideas:For the Dark Room, I think maybe trying to smuggle uninvited guests past the gaurd dog Cerberus or attempting to sneak out because you can't leave there once you got there like in the mythology. For the Sea Room, Poisedon challenges all attendents to a contest to find and assemble the missing parts of his trident and chariot. For the Room of Beauty, Aphrodite becomes jealous of the other woman at the party and challenges them to a beauty contest to declare among the men who's the fairest but the contest is rigged.

User Information: I'm pretty new to gaia but in the short time I have been on it i've become a lit RPer and have joined many guilds and helped with lots of projects on different things so i'd love to help on this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:34 pm
Username: Whimsical Rhetoric

Average time on Gaia (per day): Minimum 3 hours
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: Afternoon, all day for non-skool days.
Who would you like to host with?: Anyone. Im pretty malleable.

The room you want most: What ever is left over (the scraps)
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: Any and All
Rooms you DO NOT want: None
People who you feel you would work best with: Anyone, I'm pretty open.
What are your strengths for this position?: I am very creative and not afraid to play by the rules. I would stick to the storyline and only participate to make the ball as good as it could possibly be.

Room Ideas:
1) I think each of the rooms should be incorporated with one of the seven deadly sins, so that in each individual storyline, the plot is overcoming the sin.
The Celebration Room - The sin of Gluttony
News Room - The sin of Slothfulness
The Room of Wisdom and Arts - The sin of Pride
The Room of Beauty - The sin of Lust
The Sea Room - The sin of Greed
The Dark Room - The sin of Wrath
The Forest Room - The sin of Envy

2) I think the combination of the defeat of each sin would be the key to defeating Eris. Each creature that affects each room should be based off of that sin.

3) Each room should have suggestion links up, that when the user triggers them, a tab will open with appropriate background music.

4) Each room can have a avi mascot, pre-elected by the plot captain. The mascot could then lead most of the festivities while the NPCs are used for the plot.

5) Each room has a poll, with the option to either support or not to support. Whoever gets the most supports, gets second.

6) After every NPC post, there should be hidden white text with a clue that foreshadows future conflict.

User Information: I think I should be picked because I would do my best to help everyone have a great time, I work well with almost everyone, and I follow rules and would stick to the storyline flawlessly.  

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

Our Sextape

Timid Millionaire

13,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:37 pm

Username: Radioactive Buggy-Tarts (Buggy, Bugg, or Radioactive)

Average time on Gaia (per day): Few hours
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: Week: Afternoon & Night Weekends: Morning & Night
Who would you like to host with?: No preference. ^.^

The room you want most: Wisdom & Arts
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: Any but the one in the next question~
Rooms you DO NOT want: Celebration, News, & Beauty Rooms
People who you feel you would work best with: Almost anyone
What are your strengths for this position?: Avid RPer & writer, on alot, good with people and managing things, open to new ideas and plot twists

Room Ideas: Wisdom & Arts: *Guess the Song games (one for different genres of music) *Riddle competitions *Art galleries and art freebies! *Art scavenger hunt (Will explain later) Others Sea Room; *Swimsuit avatar contests (haha) Dark Room; Kind of a Clue theme. People have gone missing, some have been found dead or barely alive. The hosts do nothing about it. More people disappear, and the remaining guests begin to get restless and they're determined to find out who or what is taking the guests. 8D

User Information: *Online often (I've said this like 3 times now? XD) *Fairly literate *Good with people *Good at coming up with new ideas *Not afraid to voice (type?) my opinions *Entertaining *Helpful

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:15 am
Username:KristenKaye
Time on gaia(day): it depends.
When I'm on(morning noon night): all, depending on the day.
Who i would like to host with: anyone
Room i want most: dark
rooms that are ok:any except for the ones in next question
Rooms i don't want: newsroom or celebration
people id work best with: anyone
Strengths: goth, open to ideas
Room ideas: none
user info: im goth, interested in mythology  

KristenKaye

Syckological

3,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:23 pm
Username: Pb_Lead

Average time on Gaia (per day): Weekdays-generally 4 hours weekends-doubles about 7 hours. i'm more active at night...but the day is also a very active time
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: afternoon-night. sometimes 6AM-8AM on weekends
Who would you like to host with?: anyone is fine by me! as long as they're willing to help me if i have questions..and as long as their willing to hear my suggestions

The room you want most: Forest
Rooms that you would be OK with hosting: the Sea Room, News Room
Rooms you DO NOT want: dark room
People who you feel you would work best with: anyone with experience and those who know what their doing. so long as they're willing to teach me on top of what i know.
What are your strengths for this position?: A good people person, i've been making large threads since 2008..so about a year now i've got stuff under my belt. I ALWAYS interact....if there is a post i'll go nuts to keep it alive.

Forest:
-Boy Scouts? better yet.... GSA Gaia Scouts of America.
- maybe get a fantasy thing going on..trees talking, and everythign you can interact with... (like a mix of lord of the rings and bridge to terabithia?)

News Room:
-maybe make a special edition of action 9 reporting with all the biggest events on gaia since 2003!!! (and have hermes deliver them)

Room: Under the Sea
-Under the 'C'....LITERALY! have a line...and below it...you guessed it! a letter C

User Information: tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc). yeah..i may have joined in 2006..but since the manga and gaia 9 came out...i've never missed one, so the storyline is pretty fresh in my mind and especially...the gaia proms/balls/rejected olympics. (that was FUN!) i listen to the rules, get things done in a timely manner, and have fun along the way with new ideas!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:27 am
Username: Solaris God of Light

Average time on Gaia (per day): Max: 5 hours a day.
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: Afternoon and night.
Who would you like to host with?: Anyone! But someone who likes darkness would be a nice opposite theme from me.

The room you want most: Erm... I would like kind of a fantasy room.
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: Don't mind.
Rooms you DO NOT want: Not fussy.
People who you feel you would work best with: Anyone.
What are your strengths for this position?: Patient, enthusiastic and a good listener.

I'm not sure just for it to be a very romantic and dreamy room... Maybe like a decorative piano? A cosplay contest would be fantastic! Top couple?
User Information: tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc). I have not been part of the user run ball before. But it would be a great expierience for me. Thanks.  

The Righteous Overseer

5,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

x-lil_miz_cupcake-x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:39 am
Username: x-lil_miz_cupcake-x

Average time on Gaia (per day): an hour or two.
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: morning and night
Who would you like to host with?: doesnt matter

The room you want most:
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: celebration room or room of beauty
Rooms you DO NOT want: noen
People who you feel you would work best with:
What are your strengths for this position?: im very good at maintaing a very good atmosphere, like to keep things clean

User Information: tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc). i think i should be chosen because im good at keeping healthy moods and i would like the experience since this is my first time doing this^^  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff