Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Gaia Survivor-Rping Game Event-Updated 12/7 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:44 pm
What about some sort of an "I spy" type challenge? Just a suggestion. Or it could be combined with some sort of a scavenger hunt challenge.
Just a couple of thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:38 pm
hi
can i be a contestant?  

nanamis

Pure-hearted Dog

11,025 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:28 am
We will do sign ups for the event when we post the thread in the chatterbox forum. Then I will post a link for people who want to join from here.

I love all of your ideas. I will add them to the list when I have time. Anymore ideas? What about plot ideas that scare the people.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:25 pm
Lady Elmira
We will do sign ups for the event when we post the thread in the chatterbox forum. Then I will post a link for people who want to join from here.

I love all of your ideas. I will add them to the list when I have time. Anymore ideas? What about plot ideas that scare the people.

a forest filled with Lions and Tigers and Bears. Oh my! ^_^ sorry I couldn't resist typing that out.

Might take me a while, but I'll try to think of some. Wouldn't be surviver if there was no scaring the bajeebas out of the contestants.

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ninja_of_clouds

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:46 am
I think this is a great idea. If you wish I can be the RP'er and make an account to post events that happen. Call it annonymous(Spellcheck) Voice or something around those lines. Also I think there should be maybe 10 contestents? That way we can eliminate almost one person every day except for some "freebee" days. Chatterbox would probably be the ideal place...

For games we could do:
Trivia
Hangman
Scavenger Hunt in Towns. Find people somewhere in towns. Give hints to find them
We can use the Gaia games also and see who can solve them the fastest. The problem with this i guess would be the honesty factor. Because of the Honesty factor we could do screenshots and whoever posts the picture fastest?

If there are tie breakers we can roll a 100 sided die once and see who rolls highest.

That's all I have for now..  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:08 pm
Some of the challenge settings could also be set in areas that could be rather "spooky" related. (half sunk ship; haunted house; Ghost town, etc) I'm just naming things off the top of my head.  

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Swervey
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:24 pm
Plot idea - so u no its haunted? u could make a mule or something for the ghost and make it haunt people. Make it so the ghost is invincible, you can't kill it or get around its sabatoges like
"The ghost waited for bob to come around the corner"
"Bob knew the ghost was around the corner and took a shovel to hit the ghost with"
it could just kind of mess with the players and try to screw things up for them smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:58 pm
@Revenge- I love those ideas. I will add them to it. I do love the spooky aspect of it.

@Ninja- Haha you are hired as the Rper. You seem right for the role. The voice over lines will add to it. For the elimination, are you thinking of one a day? I was thinking everyother day or so. That way we can have stuff to do in between. You idea might work too.

@Marine- That is good too. We would have the rper doing that though.

Sorry guys I haven't updated this. I have been super busy with the Bake Sale. I will get to it, I promise.  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:12 pm
Hey its perfectly understandable. Technically, this event is still in the brainstorming stages, so its still on the ground for the moment. :nod:  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:06 pm
Lady Elmira
@Revenge- I love those ideas. I will add them to it. I do love the spooky aspect of it.

@Ninja- Haha you are hired as the Rper. You seem right for the role. The voice over lines will add to it. For the elimination, are you thinking of one a day? I was thinking everyother day or so. That way we can have stuff to do in between. You idea might work too.

Sorry guys I haven't updated this. I have been super busy with the Bake Sale. I will get to it, I promise.

I was actually thinking about that before I went onto this topic again. I was thinking oh maybe we should do it every other day. If we did every other maybe 8 people for 14 days with a double elimination on a two of the days or something hahaha. Also any specific name you want me to name the alt? I think I got the items I want to use on em hahaha...  

Ninja_of_clouds

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:13 pm
Ninja_of_clouds
Lady Elmira

I was actually thinking about that before I went onto this topic again. I was thinking oh maybe we should do it every other day. If we did every other maybe 8 people for 14 days with a double elimination on a two of the days or something hahaha. Also any specific name you want me to name the alt? I think I got the items I want to use on em hahaha...

The everyother day sounds better. We could work in more challenges and other things as well. It would also keep the challengers on their toes as well. Just wanted to stick my two cents in there. sorry if it was unwanted.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:49 am
Ok,then. It is settled. Every other day for eliminations. I like the 8 people in 14 days, so we will do that. It is long enough to get people interested, but not overly bored.

As for the Mule Ninja, you can decide the name. Just make it something that goes along with Survivor or the theme.

I am thinking for the immunity that we do it for the teams until there is only 5 people left, then have it so that people themselves could get it. Then when there is 3 left, we get rid of it. If this is something different on the RL show, let me know.

Oh, by the way. I would like to announce that Revenge_is_sweet is a co-host for this event. *shoots confetti in the air*  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:32 pm
Lady Elmira
Ok,then. It is settled. Every other day for eliminations. I like the 8 people in 14 days, so we will do that. It is long enough to get people interested, but not overly bored.

As for the Mule Ninja, you can decide the name. Just make it something that goes along with Survivor or the theme.

I am thinking for the immunity that we do it for the teams until there is only 5 people left, then have it so that people themselves could get it. Then when there is 3 left, we get rid of it. If this is something different on the RL show, let me know.

Oh, by the way. I would like to announce that Revenge_is_sweet is a co-host for this event. *shoots confetti in the air*

Thanks. *bows* Anyway, that does sound about right, for being sorta a spoof to the show.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:26 pm
Lady Elmira

That sound about right on the immuntity idea. And just have to teams totally split up at 5 if that's what you ment.

One question I did have is how are we going to actually know wether or not the players are active. Should we possibly start applications soon so that we can observe if they actually log on everyday for over 2 minutes? Just a concern that joined my mind...

Also should we get some oh 49g item or something very cheap so we don't loose prophit, to represent each teams color? Or should they have a sig. To represent it?

What else do we need to discuss?  

Ninja_of_clouds

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:23 pm
I am thinking if they are not active in playing the game, then they get a PM warning. After that, they are disqualified from the game. It would be their lost if they aren't active. We will clearly state that in the rules to begin with.

I thought of using post style that we make with their team colors that they have to post with. That way we know who is who and it is cheaper for us.

Let's see. I thought of something, but completely forgot. So I am just going to say random stuff.

Entry price of 1,500 gold. Too much or little?

I am not liking the names I picked out. So if any of you have ideas, post. ^_^

Would anyone like to come up with the description of the island?

Oh Grandprize. I am going to make a trophy for them, we will give them gold, and an Item. I am trying to come up with a good item to give them. We want it to be good enough that people want to try to win it, but cheap enough that we don't leave holes in our pocket.  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff