Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Islam, Judaism, and Christianity - Same God? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZENsei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:36 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
1 John 2:
21 I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. 24 Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he made to us - eternal life.

26 I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you.

While Allah is a name used for "God" and is fine in itself (even Christians use the term), the Muslim and Rabbinic Jewish (or whomever else denies Jesus is the Incarnation) understanding of God is not the same.

Anyone denying that Issa/Iesous/Yeshua/Jesus is the Word Made Flesh, they are denying the true Father, also.

not meaning to offend at all, but I have many Muslim & Jewish friends and acquaintances - we are honest enough to acknowledge that our concept of God, Issa and such are not the same.

However, God is the judge and it is He who preserves us despite our limited understanding smile He is the one we give account to.
Actually if you go according to history, Judaism is the original. Christianity added on things. Islam potentially took away things. Jews and Muslims accept that Jesus existed and he was a prophet and a spiritual teacher. To add more to that, to both religions would be idolatry. To them saying Jesus is the incarnation is a taboo thing for them.

Rabbinic Judaism is NOT the same as Judaism in the Bible - the practices are entirely different and added to.
If you attend synagogue and read the prayer book, it is basically a modern RE-interpretation of Judaism.

Jesus is the original, because he is the first born of ALL creation smile
What is called Christianity is not a breakaway cult, but as Jesus said, he came to FULFILL Torah, not to destroy it.
Jesus is the fulfilment of God's Word, IS the Word and is the Word made flesh

And yes I understand a Muslim or a Rabbinic Jew cannot claim that Jesus is God, hence my statement that the very concepts in these worldviews about God are completely different.
Actually he's not. Adam was the first of all Creation not Jesus. Me thinks you should read Genesis over.

The word fulfill means to complete or to end. Not destroy. The Old Laws no longer apply to us because we're not Jews. The fact that the Torah AND the Tanakh does prove that Christianity is an offshot of Judaism. Jesus himself was Jewish and good old Paul was a Pharisee.

The Israelites themselves denied Jesus. neutral Or did the fact that they went to Pilate to have him executed completely escape you?

And there is no such thing as Rabbinistic Judaism. There is Orthodox Judaism, and Reform Judaism. neutral

Orthodox, Hassidic and Reform Judaism ARE Rabbinic Judaism ... all of them  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:36 pm
ZENsei
Priestley
ZENsei
What is called Christianity is not a breakaway cult, but as Jesus said, he came to FULFILL Torah, not to destroy it.
Jesus is the fulfilment of God's Word, IS the Word and is the Word made flesh.

There is no way to know this.

If God IS the judge, we WILL know one day... right?
When we're dead.  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:37 pm
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
1 John 2:
21 I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. 24 Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he made to us - eternal life.

While Allah is a name used for "God" and is fine in itself (even Christians use the term), the Muslim and Rabbinic Jewish (or whomever else denies Jesus is the Incarnation) understanding of God is not the same.

Anyone denying that Issa/Iesous/Yeshua/Jesus is the Word Made Flesh, they are denying the true Father, also.

not meaning to offend at all, but I have many Muslim & Jewish friends and acquaintances - we are honest enough to acknowledge that our concept of God, Issa and such are not the same.

However, God is the judge and it is He who preserves us despite our limited understanding smile He is the one we give account to.
Actually if you go according to history, Judaism is the original. Christianity added on things. Islam potentially took away things. Jews and Muslims accept that Jesus existed and he was a prophet and a spiritual teacher. To add more to that, to both religions would be idolatry. To them saying Jesus is the incarnation is a taboo thing for them.

Rabbinic Judaism is NOT the same as Judaism in the Bible - the practices are entirely different and added to.
If you attend synagogue and read the prayer book, it is basically a modern RE-interpretation of Judaism.

And yes I understand a Muslim or a Rabbinic Jew cannot claim that Jesus is God, hence my statement that the very concepts in these worldviews about God are completely different.
Actually he's not. Adam was the first of all Creation not Jesus. Me thinks you should read Genesis over.

The word fulfill means to complete or to end. Not destroy. The Old Laws no longer apply to us because we're not Jews. The fact that the Torah AND the Tanakh does prove that Christianity is an offshot of Judaism. Jesus himself was Jewish and good old Paul was a Pharisee.

The Israelites themselves denied Jesus. neutral Or did the fact that they went to Pilate to have him executed completely escape you?

And there is no such thing as Rabbinistic Judaism. There is Orthodox Judaism, and Reform Judaism. neutral

You're going to have to prove this claim. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:39 pm
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
1 John 2:

Also, I said that Jesus was the FIRSTBORN of creation ... a big difference ...He is also before Adam, as the Word, as the Bible states. and it also states that by Him ALL things were made that were made... so He existed eternally before creation  

ZENsei

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:39 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
1 John 2:

The word fulfill means to complete or to end. Not destroy. The Old Laws no longer apply to us because we're not Jews.

How is this in any way different to what he wrote? There is no disagreement here between you. You need to improve your reading comprehension.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:40 pm
ZENsei
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
1 John 2:

Also, I said that Jesus was the FIRSTBORN of creation ... a big difference ...He is also before Adam, as the Word, as the Bible states. and it also states that by Him ALL things were made that were made... so He existed eternally before creation
You're going to have to prove this claim as well.  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ZENsei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:40 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
1 John 2:

Rabbinic Judaism or Rabbinism (Hebrew: "Yehadut Rabanit" - יהדות רבנית) has been the mainstream form of Judaism since the codification of the Talmud in the centuries following the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 CE by the Roman Empire. Rabbinic Judaism gained predominance within the Jewish diaspora between the second to sixth centuries CE, with the development of the oral law and the Talmud to control the interpretation of Jewish scripture and to encourage the practice of Judaism in the absence of Temple sacrifice and other practices no longer possible. Rabbinic Judaism is based on the belief that at Mount Sinai Moses received directly from God the Torah (Pentateuch) as well as additional oral explanation of the revelation, the "oral law," that was transmitted by Moses to the people in oral form.

Mainstream Rabbinic Judaism contrasts with Karaite Judaism, which doesn't recognize the oral law as a divine authority, and the Rabbinic procedures used to interpret Jewish scripture. Although there are now profound differences among Jewish denominations of Rabbinic Judaism with respect to the binding force of halakha and the willingness to challenge preceding interpretations, all identify themselves as coming from the tradition of the oral law and the Rabbinic method of analysis. It is this which distinguishes them as Rabbinic Jews, in comparison to Karaite Judaism. (from the Wiki ... search more if you wish)

also, if you knew your Bible or did a word search in it, you would see that I am almost quoting verbatim several Scriptures wink  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:41 pm
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
1 John 2:

The word fulfill means to complete or to end. Not destroy. The Old Laws no longer apply to us because we're not Jews.

How is this in any way different to what he wrote? There is no disagreement here between you. You need to improve your reading comprehension.
Because he's probably meaning that we still have to follow the Old Laws.

I think the problems lie with the fact that I'm loosing the energy I had before and I'm dreading cleaning up my room. >.<  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:42 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
Priestley
ZENsei
Jesus is the fulfilment of God's Word, IS the Word and is the Word made flesh.

There is no way to know this.

If God IS the judge, we WILL know one day... right?
When we're dead.

Maybe not even when we're dead.

How's that for a mindscrew?

Anyway, let us get back on topic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:43 pm
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei

Rabbinic Judaism or Rabbinism (Hebrew: "Yehadut Rabanit" - יהדות רבנית) has been the mainstream form of Judaism since the codification of the Talmud in the centuries following the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 CE by the Roman Empire. Rabbinic Judaism gained predominance within the Jewish diaspora between the second to sixth centuries CE, with the development of the oral law and the Talmud to control the interpretation of Jewish scripture and to encourage the practice of Judaism in the absence of Temple sacrifice and other practices no longer possible. Rabbinic Judaism is based on the belief that at Mount Sinai Moses received directly from God the Torah (Pentateuch) as well as additional oral explanation of the revelation, the "oral law," that was transmitted by Moses to the people in oral form.

Mainstream Rabbinic Judaism contrasts with Karaite Judaism, which doesn't recognize the oral law as a divine authority, and the Rabbinic procedures used to interpret Jewish scripture. Although there are now profound differences among Jewish denominations of Rabbinic Judaism with respect to the binding force of halakha and the willingness to challenge preceding interpretations, all identify themselves as coming from the tradition of the oral law and the Rabbinic method of analysis. It is this which distinguishes them as Rabbinic Jews, in comparison to Karaite Judaism. (from the Wiki ... search more if you wish)
Okay, Wiki's not a good site and copypasta is not providing sources. Copypasta according to Gaia's rules is actually plagiarism. Providing a source would be giving a link.
Judaism 101: Who is A Jew  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:44 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
1 John 2:

This is a baseless assumption. He never said anything to suggest that.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:44 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
1 John 2:

I think the problems lie with the fact that I'm loosing the energy I had before and I'm dreading cleaning up my room. >.<

The Bible talks about the Torah of Christ the Torah of the Spirit, which is not the same as following written Torah regulations... the Spirit of Christ in the beleiver is the fulfilment of Torah, because Jesus Himself fulfilled it by His very ministry, death and resurrection... and what He will do in the future... of which the believer is a partaker with Christ in smile  

ZENsei

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:46 pm
Also, saying "If you knew your Bible" isn't providing proof either. Not everyone in this guild is a Christian, memorizes the Bible, or has a copy in front of them. This is a discussion guild. You can't assume that everyone has the same resources as you. It's courteous to provide proof. It's also known as Burden of Proof.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:46 pm
hehe lively discussion
thanks everyone.

Peace  

ZENsei

ZENsei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:47 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
Also, saying "If you knew your Bible" isn't providing proof either. Not everyone in this guild is a Christian, memorizes the Bible, or has a copy in front of them. This is a discussion guild. You can't assume that everyone has the same resources as you. It's courteous to provide proof. It's also known as Burden of Proof.

the person that made this thread asked opinions I gave mine
You are turning it into a debate

it isnt my job to educate you
you make many accusations

Just do the research yourself if you doubt it... if YOU have something to disprove what I say, offer it  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games