Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Star Trek movie XII Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:24 pm
I've had the DVD since the day after to movie came out.....  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:28 pm
The DVD is out now? I thought it would be out on the 17th or November? Since I saw the commercial for it on youtube  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:41 pm
Here in Portugal it came out on the 29th!! ^^

Quote:
Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:24 am

And I meant the official DVD =p  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:53 pm
Aria Hikari
Here in Portugal it came out on the 29th!! ^^

Quote:
Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:24 am

And I meant the official DVD =p

I'll be getting that eventually.... Saw it in the theater, twice, got the DVD reserved, and I have a bootleg. Whoever said the studio loses money from bootlegs was full of it....  

Matt Pniewski

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:37 am
Yeah, maybe I'll go to the mall, and buy it when it comes out as soon as I come home from school that day.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:26 pm
xXSuperWhateverXx
Matt Pniewski
Sweetycow
I saw an interwiew with some dude (can't remember who) that the biggest group of fans want the new movie to be either about fixing the timeline or contain klingons.

I hope it will be a mix about that.

Eh, fixing the Timeline? No. Klingons? They are versatile.

I want something that's not too directly related to the last, but somewhat. Like Star Trek II, III, and IV are all stand alone films but continuations.

I want to see, for example, how the situation with the REAL Romulans has been affected by the events of XI. I mean, there is bound to be unnecessary hostility from Reactionaries in the Federation after the incidents with the Fake a** romulans from XI. I want to see some sort of Fallout

And I want to see more REAL romulans. XI was good, but Bald, Tatooed men in a porcupine ship? Come on....

Actually I think the tattoos made it easier for me to distinguish Vulcans from Romulans. They are biologically the same species which makes it kind of hard to tell them apart.

Klingons would be alright, I'm curious of what they would look like in the rebooted Star Trek
I didn't like the bald tattooed Romulans. It gives the impressions that Romulans are thugs, when really they're more refined and "kill you from the shadows" type than what we saw in XI.

Contralto in a Corset

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:40 am
Militant Christian
xXSuperWhateverXx
Matt Pniewski
Sweetycow
I saw an interwiew with some dude (can't remember who) that the biggest group of fans want the new movie to be either about fixing the timeline or contain klingons.

I hope it will be a mix about that.

Eh, fixing the Timeline? No. Klingons? They are versatile.

I want something that's not too directly related to the last, but somewhat. Like Star Trek II, III, and IV are all stand alone films but continuations.

I want to see, for example, how the situation with the REAL Romulans has been affected by the events of XI. I mean, there is bound to be unnecessary hostility from Reactionaries in the Federation after the incidents with the Fake a** romulans from XI. I want to see some sort of Fallout

And I want to see more REAL romulans. XI was good, but Bald, Tatooed men in a porcupine ship? Come on....

Actually I think the tattoos made it easier for me to distinguish Vulcans from Romulans. They are biologically the same species which makes it kind of hard to tell them apart.

Klingons would be alright, I'm curious of what they would look like in the rebooted Star Trek
I didn't like the bald tattooed Romulans. It gives the impressions that Romulans are thugs, when really they're more refined and "kill you from the shadows" type than what we saw in XI.

Well, what would you do if you had a chance to fix up the romulans to distinguish them from vulcans?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:14 pm
You know something? Read the Star Trek: Countdown graphic novel. Then you`ll understand why those Romulans (from the Narada) act and look the way they do. Because as far as I know Nero showed an image of his wife to Pike and she looked very normal (not bald and tatooed). There is a custom to the Romulans (not sure if you know about it so I dont want to spoil you...)

^^  

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:35 am
What do you think about the dvd extras? The bloopers are so hilarious!!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:13 am
@ Aria - Wow you're lucky you have it! I preordered mine, but I have to wait till the seventeenth, and it's killing me. TAT  

Rainbow-potato
Crew

Hygienic Fairy

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:27 am
Aria Hikari
You know something? Read the Star Trek: Countdown graphic novel. Then you`ll understand why those Romulans (from the Narada) act and look the way they do. Because as far as I know Nero showed an image of his wife to Pike and she looked very normal (not bald and tatooed). There is a custom to the Romulans (not sure if you know about it so I dont want to spoil you...)

^^

Yeah, I know. They also have so many idiotic things in that.... I mean, did you have to randomly send them all to Rura Penth? Seems like an oddball way to make more geeky reference yet do nothing for the stories.

Also, Next Generation did a good job making the Romulans more distinguishable from Vulcans. They have common Heraldry, to the point where one can pass for the other. So differences must be slight.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:42 am
Rainbow-potato
@ Aria - Wow you're lucky you have it! I preordered mine, but I have to wait till the seventeenth, and it's killing me. TAT

Ah! Same here :[

r u m - r e g g a e

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:34 pm