Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Sign Stereotypes?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cerulean Crayon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:54 am
I'm supposed to be a neat freak? Freak-out, more like! I'm on the cusp of Capricorn, and am a knowledge seeker, so maybe I do fit the stereotypes... I dunno, I think that the sign's not all that makes a person.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:54 pm
Star signs are not to be looked at by month of birth alone. There are several signs that make up a person's star chart. You have a rising sign, a falling sign, etc. Sometimes a person's Falling Sign can take up the most of one's personality and have the strongest effect. You can even be born on a "cusp," and therefore have a mix as your rising sign. I'll go find a good website for you and post it after this.  

emmfullness

5,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Junior 100

emmfullness

5,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:59 pm
http://www.astrology.com/allaboutyou/sunsigns/

Check this out! ^ ^  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:42 pm
emmfullness
Star signs are not to be looked at by month of birth alone. There are several signs that make up a person's star chart. You have a rising sign, a falling sign, etc. Sometimes a person's Falling Sign can take up the most of one's personality and have the strongest effect. You can even be born on a "cusp," and therefore have a mix as your rising sign. I'll go find a good website for you and post it after this.

I agree. To state that the truth of astrology is to be based upon the knowledge of but one celestial body in a what is actually a very complex system is ridiculous. You can't say "Well, I'm not much like a (insert sun sign here) so astrology is crap." It just doesn't make sense.
A good example is my fiance. He's a Aquarius, but he's really a very loyal homebody with a vengeful streak a mile wide. We looked up his chart, and it turns out that both his moon and rising are in Cancer and this Mars is in Scorpio. Amd while he still has Aquarius traits (wild ideas, paranoia, and a love for conspiracy theories xp ), those traits exist in conjunction to the rest of his chart. And that's how astrology should be done. 3nodding  

midara the happy banshee

JazelleSparrow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:51 pm
emmfullness
http://www.astrology.com/allaboutyou/sunsigns/

Check this out! ^ ^

lol supposedly I'm quick witted... sweatdrop yeah rolleyes but they got the "when you consider their myriad interests." 3nodding supposedly I adapt to new things easily as well...I guess I could agree with that as well...I am coping with living in a new country!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:58 pm
Heh, let me see...

This is in my experience, but of the three Capricorns I know two of them are really pushy and head-strong and the other is really emotional. I told my emotional Capi friend that he had to be the biggest push over Capi that I ever met.

Being an Aquarian and having an Aquarian best friend/lover I find only a few things we have in common. We always feel the need to win an argument and be the better person, do the right intellectual thing, and be constantly stimulated by anything. I think that's about it.

Then lastly I know two Aries, my dad and one of my ex-friends. My ex-friend would get angry at the drop of a hat and so does my dad, if one little thing goes wrong all hell breaks loose. It's really kind of scary and I really hate it when they get like that.

That's all the sterotypes I've got hidden in my sleeve, well that I can think of. If I think of anymore I'll be sure to share.  

Yukinoko87

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:29 pm
Amiiria
I'm a Leo, and apparently Leos are outgoing, friendly, the centre of attention and they are a leader. I am the complete opposite of that (well, nearly). gonk

And what you said about Leos, Slaine, isn't true for me. I can get very short tempered and I DO get angry at people.

The only Leo I've ever met in person is my mom, and I couldn't think of anything else to say, heh. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:01 pm
I'm Cancer and a very typical one at that: highly emotional, very motherly, grudge-holding, and I hide behind a really thick shell. Half of my astrological signs happen to be water signs, though. However, I have other signs, such as my rebel sign (Sagittarius), which puts me into Fire signs. I also have Air and Earth signs in various other places. So, while my base personality is very much so Cancer in nature, I also get some Capricorn organization, some Gemini inginuity, some Aries determination, some Sagittarius rebelion, and some Scorpio war (essentially, if you make me mad I'll get back at you hard and while you aren't looking... sweatdrop ). So, your sun sign is not the only sign you have to go by. Look up your other signs, you might fit them a lot better. ^_^  

emmfullness

5,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Junior 100

emmfullness

5,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:02 pm
SlaineWildfire
Amiiria
I'm a Leo, and apparently Leos are outgoing, friendly, the centre of attention and they are a leader. I am the complete opposite of that (well, nearly). gonk

And what you said about Leos, Slaine, isn't true for me. I can get very short tempered and I DO get angry at people.

The only Leo I've ever met in person is my mom, and I couldn't think of anything else to say, heh. smile
My brother is a Leo, a very, very typical Leo. He's so Leo he's an a**....  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:44 pm
I'm an Aquarius but I don't know much about Aquarii. lol I had an Aries best friend/lover and boy did she ever get angry and stubborn, but she was also totally, totally vulnerable. Now I'm with a Gemini and as we started to get to know each other he was totally floored because apparently Aquarii are the best partners for Gemini? confused I wasn't too clear on the details and I'm not that experienced (read not at all) with even baby astrology, although I'm sure it will come up on my "need to research NOW" wheel eventually. whee  

TheDisreputableDog

Jasta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:06 am
Sun sign stereotypes do annoy me a little bit, but most of them have a basis in fact. It is true though, that you're supposed to take everything into account - for example, I am a Pisces, which does make me a dreamer, romantist, and idealist... but I have Aquarius rising, which makes me way more talkative than most Pisces; I have Mars in Saggitarius, which makes me more outgoing and adventurous; I have Moon in Capricorn, which makes me very practical when necessary... etc, etc. A practical Pisces? Yeah, sounds like a contradiction - it's that contradiction that just makes me even more obviously Pisces whee

You can only find out so much about a person by their one sign. And as well as that, Western astrology isn't the only valid method of reading a person - in Chinese astrology, I'm a Tiger - completely opposite person to a Pisces, you'd think, until you realise that the Tiger aspects and Pisces aspects come together to make part of the whole personality.

As well as that, some people are more obviously true to their sun sign than others - a Virgo may also have Virgo in Venus, Mercury, or other planets, so there is a higer amount of Virgo energy, thus making them more obviously a member of that sign.

Astrology can be very accurate if done properly - taking into account every planet, every sign, every position.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:55 pm
I keep getting the "Gemini, eh? So you're two-faced then?"... Where do they get that from? I'm probably one of the least "two-faced" people ever! Lol! The only "two personalities" thing I can think of is that I can never pinpoint one style that is "me".. I have extremely eclectic tastes (clothes, decorating, books, plays, movies, music)!  

JewelsSparkle

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:02 pm
astrology sign's descriptions get altered by other factors: ur name, the exact day, the time u were born, ur hair colour, everything afects u. so no horoscope is going to be perfect.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:17 am
wicked_faery
astrology sign's descriptions get altered by other factors: ur name, the exact day, the time u were born, ur hair colour, everything afects u. so no horoscope is going to be perfect.
I'm sorry, but 'hair color'? I've never heard of that before neutral
And doesn't your name only have to do with numerology?
It (and everything about someone) affects you, sure, but what does your name and hair color have to do with astrology?  

Elizabeth Tarion

Gingerbread . Coffin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:16 am
My dad's a Gemini and an Identical Twin. biggrin I always find that amusing.

But, I'm a Leo on the Western Zodiac. Leo's planet isn't a planet, but THE SUN.

So, I'm supposed to act like a leader and the center of attention and so on and so forth. On the Chinese Zodiac, I'm a Fire Tiger too, who pretty much acts the same way as a Leo (on both sides of the globe, I'm a burning kitty).

I will admit, I do like grabbing for attention (being the middle kid in a big family sucks), and feel like crap when I get ignored... I think there's a bit of truth to it, even if I am mostly shy to new people.

I know there's more to astrology than just Sun Signs, so I'm pretty curious about finding out my rising signs and so on.

Where would I do that, exactilly? o_O;;  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces