Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
NASA moon mess Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel about the matter?
  who cares!?
  excited!! :D
  Appalled!!
View Results

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:56 pm
Byaggha
CuAnnan
I'll be watching China.
Aren't you already? They're the up and comings in just about everything. So it just makes sense! biggrin

Computer Scientist here, so not really. Russia, Japan, India... they're the big ones to watch (outside of the usual Ireland and America).  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 pm
CuAnnan
Computer Scientist here, so not really. Russia, Japan, India... they're the big ones to watch (outside of the usual Ireland and America).
Mmm, for compsci, that's a definite point. 3nodding Russia, really? I know India and Japan, but Russia is news. Cool. Guess I need to read more. biggrin

Thanks Cu!  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:00 pm
Byaggha
CuAnnan
Mmm, for compsci, that's a definite point. 3nodding Russia, really? I know India and Japan, but Russia is news. Cool. Guess I need to read more. biggrin

Thanks Cu!

Poland too.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:22 pm
I have been internally squeeing about this all day. It's SO GODDAMNED COOL. whee  

Calixti

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:37 pm
Calixti
I have been internally squeeing about this all day. It's SO GODDAMNED COOL. whee

This. xP  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:19 pm
I'm having a paranoid #$%^-fit over this one.
It finally happened. We've finally turned to pillaging other celestial bodies. And did anyone give a moment to look at how/if this will affect the vis flows in our orbit? Sure, sorta, but only on the most surface of levels. I am aware that my concerns are largely reactionary, alarmist, and far-seeing in nature. That's fine tho, someone needs to get upset and prevent this from going to one of it's causal conclusions.
I worry a little about this act. I worry more about what it portends for the future.
I also, on a more local note, am waiting for the international stink over who actually has rights to the moon's resources.  

Fiddlers Green

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:27 pm
Fiddlers Green
I also, on a more local note, am waiting for the international stink over who actually has rights to the moon's resources.
A very valid concern.

Who owns the moon? Does ownership get to be the cause of the next war?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:27 pm
I don't like the idea either. I don't think we should be messing with other planets and such. other than exploring the surface and testing the rocks a little without disturbing anything. I wonder if it'll effect the orbit at all.  

Daearen

Daearen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:28 pm
Byaggha
Fiddlers Green
A very valid concern.

This was one of my thoughts aswell. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:51 pm
Another point I'd like to add: the moon gets bombarded by debris all the time. Those craters aren't teenage acne scars. We wouldn't really be the first ones to slam into it and go kablooey.

As long as it's done responsibly, I'm quite excited for the prospects.  

Sivirs

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:28 am
"The exploration and use of the moon shall be the province of all mankind and shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all countries, irrespective of their degree of economic or scientific development. Due regard shall be paid to the interests of present and future generations as well as to the need to promote higher standards of living and conditions of economic and social progress and development in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations."

This old argument has been fought over a while ago.

Fiddler, why does surface drilling on the Moon concern you more than surface drilling on the Earth or are you equally concerned.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:03 am
lCobaltl
Byaggha
Fiddlers Green
A very valid concern.

This was one of my thoughts aswell. sad

The US flag is there, it's ours! By the rules of Eddie Izzard!!!! 3nodding

I had a bunch of friends freaking out about this today, they were all, OMG! They NUKED the moon!!!! The world is gonna end! stare

I'm pretty stoked. I remember always being excited about all the Mars exploration stuff going on when I was a kid, so it's nice to see NASA actually DOING things again.  

Ainwyn

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:48 am
CuAnnan
"The exploration and use of the moon shall be the province of all mankind and shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all countries, irrespective of their degree of economic or scientific development. Due regard shall be paid to the interests of present and future generations as well as to the need to promote higher standards of living and conditions of economic and social progress and development in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations."

Fiddler, why does surface drilling on the Moon concern you more than surface drilling on the Earth or are you equally concerned.
Would it have something to do with how drilling on earth still means that whatever was drilled is still on earth, but drilling on the moon and bringing it back is a shift in mass?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:34 am
My man thinks its part of a conspiracy. He's been talking about a lot of conspiracies lately though, the Federal Reserve, credit companies, banks, oil companies, the Rockefellers, Obama's globalist conspiracy, blah blah blah. I'm gonna make him a foil hat and call it a day...

I think it's great that we're making progress understanding our neck of the galaxy. Hopefully some time soon we'll make ourselves interesting enough the Vulcans will make an official pit stop.  

Collowrath

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:42 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
CuAnnan

Would it have something to do with how drilling on earth still means that whatever was drilled is still on earth, but drilling on the moon and bringing it back is a shift in mass?

But such changes in mass happen all the time.
The moon is frequently hit by meteors, knocking lumps of it off into space and leaving their own debree.
It's been a long time since I studied atomic physics, but if I recall correctly, the earth, herself, has a mass change in the form of nuclear conversions in her core.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff