Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Inxpensive supplies? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:39 pm
Aakosir
Culture rape? What exactally is that. I get the concept, but I'm still not sure.
Culture Rape is the misappropriation of closed traditions for recontextualization in an alien culture.

Quote:
And the reason I want them is to start my own collection for magicks.
Magic. No k, unless you're a Thelemite, in which case I'd wonder why you are using them for magic.

And why do you wish to use stones for magic? And why are you not looking to the kinds of stones native to your area?

And what do you think a stone will do in your magic and why do you think it will do it?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:29 am
I've always written magick with the k. I guess I should research it more.

I don't really have any good stones around here. I feel a pull with others, especially amethyst. I like to expiriment. Mostly I use them as charms, for protection and health. Stone help me concentrate. Help me calm down and focus. I haven't found anything else that helps me focus like they do.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:48 am
Aakosir
I've always written magick with the k. I guess I should research it more.
Magic's orthography is magic. Crowley added the k because in his system, the numerological attributions to words has significance. Adding the K "improves" the value given his system.

For other systems, it can actually hinder it.

Quote:
I don't really have any good stones around here.
How did you come to that conclusion?
Quote:

I feel a pull with others, especially amethyst.
Can you give me an idea as to what part of the word you are in? Region? State?
Quote:

I like to expiriment. Mostly I use them as charms, for protection and health.
What makes you think they are useful as such?

Quote:
Stone help me concentrate. Help me calm down and focus. I haven't found anything else that helps me focus like they do.
What causes this?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:15 am
I see you point with the numerological attributes.

I don't have a good place to look and more importantly I don't really have time. My dughter is still little and demanding. I don't like to keep her out in the cold weather that long.

I live in Northern Maryland. Right on the PA border.

I have found my amethyst to be very useful for me. I wear one at night to help me sleep and keep the bad out of my dreams. But I would like to broaden my horizons.

I feel that if I am concentrating on something I can tune the world out better. I have tried to meditate with out anything, but every little noise pulls me out of my concentration. I am slightly ADD, I know that it's not an excuse, but I do have a hard time staying with one thing. Like right now, I'm texting, playing zOMG and on a few other sites =^_^=

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:10 am
Aakosir

I feel that if I am concentrating on something I can tune the world out better. I have tried to meditate with out anything, but every little noise pulls me out of my concentration. I am slightly ADD, I know that it's not an excuse, but I do have a hard time staying with one thing. Like right now, I'm texting, playing zOMG and on a few other sites =^_^=

Then make your meditation active. I've extraordinarily ADHD and the practices that work for me come while walking or dancing. Also timers, and giving yourself only one "disctraction" are your friend.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:43 pm
Aakosir

I don't have a good place to look and more importantly I don't really have time. My dughter is still little and demanding. I don't like to keep her out in the cold weather that long.
Maybe you should prioritize your daughter above your desire to indulge this part of your spirituality until the warm weather comes back and you two can go stone hunting together.

Just as an FYI, amethyst, garnet, different forms of beryl and moonstone can all be found within reasonable traveling distance in your area. Thus you can ensure the ethics involved.
Quote:
I am slightly ADD, I know that it's not an excuse, but I do have a hard time staying with one thing. Like right now, I'm texting, playing zOMG and on a few other sites
What Nuri said. Meditation isn't always about sitting quietly.

What do you meditate for?  

TeaDidikai

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:09 am
I wasn't really planning on gem hunting right now. Just knowledge hunting. In the spring she will definitly be able to walk so I'll be outside a good bit with her anyway.

I meditate to calm down from stress and such. My mom and sister are really good at getting me worked up. So when I have time I sit and try to calm down. I feel like grounding is a good way for me to become balanced. I've never thought of active meditation. Actually I guess I already do it, I draw to relieve stress too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:33 am
Aakosir
I wasn't really planning on gem hunting right now. Just knowledge hunting. In the spring she will definitly be able to walk so I'll be outside a good bit with her anyway.
Maybe a bit of research into local gem fields could yield a summer field trip?

Quote:
Actually I guess I already do it, I draw to relieve stress too.
Good stuff catharsis.

Anyway- what do you think it is about the crystalline structure of gem stones that makes them have the effects you ascribe to them?  

TeaDidikai

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:50 am
My family has actually been wanting to go to a gem field to find our own. I don't share the same beliefs as them so mine would be for a totally different reason. My mom is Methodist and is rather closeminded about this.

But anywho. I'm not so sure if it is the structure or just the natural energies I feel, but some draw me more than others. I have a chart that has stone and their magical abilities and some I don't think can double up, but others I do. So I find out what works for me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:00 am
Aakosir
My mom is Methodist and is rather closeminded about this.
Maybe she has just cause to be concerned. After all, if you're creating a Generational Curse for you and your family, I'd say there may be reason to be concerned.

Quote:
But anywho. I'm not so sure if it is the structure or just the natural energies I feel, but some draw me more than others. I have a chart that has stone and their magical abilities and some I don't think can double up, but others I do. So I find out what works for me.
So... you don't know why it works, and in essence could merely be tricking yourself?  

TeaDidikai

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:40 pm
I don't really think I would be able to do anything like that even if I tried. And my mom wouldn't know anything about curses.

I truely believe that magic is half mental and half ability. If a person believe then it will work. I know it's a theory, but there are practicies that use it. I can't remember the name, but it is a healing belief. Reikie! I'm pretty sure that's how it is spelled.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:52 pm
Aakosir
I truely believe that magic is half mental and half ability. If a person believe then it will work. I know it's a theory, but there are practicies that use it. I can't remember the name, but it is a healing belief. Reikie! I'm pretty sure that's how it is spelled.

"Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not."

http://www.reiki.org/FAQ/WhatIsReiki.html  

whiporwill-o

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:15 am
Thanks for that site. I don't mean to be ignorant so if anyone would like to offer any material go right ahead.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:30 am
Aakosir
Thanks for that site. I don't mean to be ignorant so if anyone would like to offer any material go right ahead.
Also on Reiki  

TeaDidikai

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:18 am
Thanks  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2