Welcome to Gaia! ::

Official Ghost Hunt Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/manga Ghost Hunt. 

Tags: Ghost, Hunt, anime, manga 

Reply Official Ghost Hunt Guild
Other supernatural animes/mangas... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SPR John Brown
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:16 pm
The reason people don't explain Ghost Hound is because Ghost Hound is very very difficult to explain. It's... quite confusing.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:29 pm
I love supernatural stuff so here are a few of my finished ones.

1: Descendents of Darkness/Yami no matsuei; can be found on Mangafox for the manga, it is not finished however, and will most likely never be finished.(I'm mad because my sweet Hisoka is in the same place as Muraki!!o(╥﹏╥)o) The anime can be found on Youtube, recomend the japanese sub, english dub has bad casting.(all but the main character Tsuzuki Asato who is played by Dan Green(<--I love him))

2. Mythical Detective Loki: Ragnarok/Matantei Loki: Ragnarok; Manga is on 8manga.com, Mangafox, and other manga reading sites.(the manga goes further then the anime) The anime is on Youtube in english and japanese, I like both the dub and sub.

3. Yuu Yuu Hakusho/Ghost Files; I think we all know this one, but it is one of the first manga/anime I ever got/saw. I love Hiei, by the way, he is mine. The manga can be found on any manga reading site. The anime is on Youtube, and has its own abriged series, which sucks so don't watch it. I like the japanese sub better, but the dub is okay.(You can also watch its plagiaristic sister Bleach(which I hate(no, Ichigo Kurosaki, my chara. name, did not come from that!!)))

4. Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler; Just so we all know I am one Hell of a butler. Now that thats out of the way, Kuroshitsuji is on Mangafox and 8manga.com. You can watch it on..well if you put it in google you can find it. It is not in english yet.

5.Anything by Yuu Watase.(Alice 19, Zodiac PI, Kitchen Princess, ect.)

6. Devil May Cry, Black Blood Brothers are good aswell. Some of these just have demons in them, but I'm not sure what you mean by like Ghost Hunt. I put ones that have the same stuff as it, not many anime are oriented around taboo subjects.  

OneWeekRainisu

Barton Phantom

11,650 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pet Lover 100

Pwzn

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:48 am
I liked Mushishi, the anime, alot. Also, Kekkaishi and Psyren, but those are more shounen style than shoujo.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:00 pm
Shounen Onmyouji! Definitely a lot more shounen, but OMG ghosts!!!! biggrin And Mokkun! He's so cute!  

Dweezal
Crew

sugakoushi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:13 am
~Anime and their similarities to Ghost Hunt~

-Natsume Yuujinchou is an absolutely amazing anime. One of my favorites.
This anime is much more relaxed, whilst Ghost Hunt is more complex and less supernatural/mystical. However same humor, and both amazingly enjoyable watches.

-xxxHoLic is awesome!
Both anime deals with supernatural and have the same dark mood to it. However, xxxHoLic doesn't deals with solving mystery cases but it mainly deals with granting wishes and basically "be careful what you wish for".

-Tactics is cool. The main character is also a monk too.
Mysterious cases that involve various kinds of ghost/youkai/mystical creatures.

-Kuroshitsuji is my favorite anime.
Both shows revolve around a team of people solving cases that have to do with the supernatural. Although Kuroshitsuji includes demons, shinigamis and similar creatures, Ghost Hunt revolves more-so around spirits and hauntings. Regardless, what these two shows have in common are the 3-4 episode arcs that are tie together to describe a full story.

-Hatenkou Yuugi I haven't finished it yet, but its still good.

On the basic level these two animes are very dissimilar, but ignoring that, they have a very similar feel.

Both deal with powers of some sort and have somewhat stand alone episodes. The main characters are young girls who are strong (more physically so in HY) and going on adventures of sorts. Also, they both share a mix of humor and creepiness (a little more creep and a little less humor in GH).  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:25 am
wahmbulance wahmbulance Warning Sabastian Overload wahmbulance wahmbulance

OneWeekRainisu is not liable for the following; Noise bleeds, fangazums, blood shooting from eyes, heart attack, sudden Kuroshitsuji watching and buying of DvD's, and in extreme cases death from sexiness overload.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

OneWeekRainisu

Barton Phantom

11,650 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Pet Lover 100

sugakoushi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:41 pm
THAT WARNING WAS NOT ENOUGH!! I HAD A NOSEBLEED!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 pm
He's pretty. o.o
What's he from?  

SPR John Brown
Captain

sugakoushi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:54 pm
Kuroshitsuji. It isn't dubbed yet, though there are plans for it. They best have a voice as smexy as Daisuke Ono's for the English dub. Or I will eat someone's brain.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:12 pm
I would love Crispin McDougal Freeman or Dan Green!! XD they both have they sex voice!!  

OneWeekRainisu

Barton Phantom

11,650 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Sakura-hime Li

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:01 am
VivaciousDysphoria
~Anime and their similarities to Ghost Hunt~

-xxxHoLic is awesome!
Both anime deals with supernatural and have the same dark mood to it. However, xxxHoLic doesn't deals with solving mystery cases but it mainly deals with granting wishes and basically "be careful what you wish for".

I totally agree with you! I've been following xxxHolic since it came out, and right now the plot is getting more twisted than ever before, with more wishes coming up with terrible prices and more unexplainable cases for the protagonist Watanuki!

Also, does anyone here know Lament of the Lamb? my best friend says it's a supernatural manga but I haven't tried it yet...  
Official Ghost Hunt Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff