Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Yet another Fundraising brainstorm topic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:39 am
Sheriff Dustin
broken_bleeding_angel
Sheriff Dustin
jessieomer
Last Year it was a fairytale prom type of thing. I agree the date thing did work then, but this year is different. You can't expect to do the same thing every year and not have people becoming bored with the idea. The bake sale was practically an instant hit when the idea was brought forth in the previous fund raising topics.

This may be my first official year doing the ball, but its not my first year making enough money in mini shops to get by with pretty pixels and buy my boyfriend a ninja band.

Honestly, gaia isn't the only way you can get a hold of me. We have an address book here and I did submit to it.

If you don't like that, then I can officially withdraw from the fund-raising committee, enter a different one, and watch your sinking ship from the mainland.

-something mean about stress was put here but was then later removed by the author of this post-

and it wasn't something mean, it was saying that at the moment if i seem irritated it is not because of you or anyone here it is due to something else.

Well in all honesty Dustin, you haven't been very well known in my books for establishing a good communication with anyone in the guild. Both of you need to work this out so that both are happy. And on the issue of the thread, you should have contacted her regardless of how many times you've been here Dustin. You're BOTH Captains of the fundraising. That means you both make the decisions that work together.

I never think there should of been captains, i saw nothing was happening then to even set-up a headquarters that anyone from the committee can edit so I took initiative. Also yes I did communicate all the past 2 years just last year it was last minute that dolly dropped out, all the communication was with her about the stuff, and i did communicate fully with the committee last year. You don't know what goes on through pm's (unless you hacked my account)

Also what ever happened to valiea?

Regardless of what you think should have happened it is already done.

We don't know. I text her and I never get any replies. I see her online on msn and she never replies and she hasn't been on Gaia for almost 2 months now. I'm worried something might have happened to her. But I do believe it is safe to say that Sabs is the new Ball Host. As for her Co-host that is for her to decide.
Also so you know, I am acting as Captain of the Contest committee until they can find someone else to fill the spot. We are having a month long Halloween Event. if you wish to add ideas please do so in the thread titled ~HALLOWEEN CONTEST!~. It starts October 01.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:40 am
I'm sorry im not on here all day to do military role plays because i go to college. It wasn't until my first few weeks after college started that I found my little span of time that would go well and started getting back into all my guilds. I saw that I was the captain, and then began looking around and brainstorming.

And besides, not all of the headquarters have been fully established, as you should be well aware of. as of this day broken went and set up a temp contest committee. Unless there truly was only 3 different committees for the annual ball.

I might as well drop from fundraising and take on advertising, since no one has felt like contributing to that committee.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:51 am
jessieomer
I'm sorry im not on here all day to do military role plays because i go to college. It wasn't until my first few weeks after college started that I found my little span of time that would go well and started getting back into all my guilds. I saw that I was the captain, and then began looking around and brainstorming.

And besides, not all of the headquarters have been fully established, as you should be well aware of. as of this day broken went and set up a temp contest committee. Unless there truly was only 3 different committees for the annual ball.

I might as well drop from fundraising and take on advertising, since no one has felt like contributing to that committee.

Or you could help out in advertising and still be in Fundraising. <3 I already have an affiliate for the guild and made a thread and posted up their banners in the sticky. ^w^ I'm working on getting more guilds. One has yet to contact e back about it. -_-  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:56 am
jessieomer

I'm not talking about you being in military at all. I am just saying if i seem like i am sending my anger out at you i am sorry, i'm not meaning to.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:57 am
I could do both if really needed xD. ^.^

advertising was never really my strong suit but hey i can always try.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:03 am
True, if you have time for it though. I know you're usually busy with college.  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:05 am
Sheriff Dustin
jessieomer

I'm not talking about you being in military at all. I am just saying if i seem like i am sending my anger out at you i am sorry, i'm not meaning to.

She wasn't talking about her being in the military. She's in college for art as far as I know, not the military.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:17 am
broken_bleeding_angel
Sheriff Dustin
jessieomer

She wasn't talking about her being in the military. She's in college for art as far as I know, not the military.

She was yelling at me for having to be on a gaia military. I said that I am not saying for her to join.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:29 am
Sheriff Dustin
broken_bleeding_angel
Sheriff Dustin
jessieomer

She was yelling at me for having to be on a gaia military. I said that I am not saying for her to join.

Lol. I don't see how she can yell at you on the internet, when she's posting as I am and not all in capitals. XD I understand.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:58 pm
Interested in helping. <3  

AGCourtney

Wealthy Genius

6,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:23 pm
Woooo! xD. help away. my brain is pretty fried right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:27 pm
I like it! You just need to decide on prices and get someone to do the graphics and make the ideas a bit more specific. And Don't do Buddhism I think; simply because the others are cultures or themes and Buddhism is a religion and we wouldn't want to offend anyone. And Buddha cakes?  

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:19 am
Haha. I admit some of my brainstorming did get stupid after the first 20 minutes but still.

Besides, there actually is a thing called Buddha cakes. o3o i saw it on tv once xD.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:20 am
Honestly, I was thinking about it. And there really is a fine line between Religion and Mythology. Because if you think of it. Myth is what gods and all ancient people used to worship and Religion is the gods that modern day people worship.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:58 pm
Add ons?

Greek Ideas
*Mt. Olympia
- Cloud Cakes ?
- Temple Cakes
*Zeus
-Thunderbolt iced cupcakes (kinda like those 8 note cupcakes on camp rock)
- Medallion Sugar Cookies
*Poseidon
-crab cakes (harhar get the pun?)

Egyptian Ideas
*Hieroglyphics
-frosted cupcake?
-cakes?
-cookies?
-Mummified Snack wraps
-Decorated Jewel Beetle Cookies
-Candy Jar in the shape of those Ritual Organ jars they havewit hthe mummies, organs not included)
-Ankh Cookies
-Pyramid of cupcakes

Native American
-Cornbread?
-Flatbread
-Wild Rice

American
- Cauldron of goodies
- Ghost Marshmallows
- Glittered Bat Cookies
- Werewolf Chow (kinda like puppy chow)
- Fairy Puffs
- Potion Juice
- Salem Witch Treats (like... ginger snaps n' stuff m'kay?)

Buddhism?? maybe not reallly?
- Buddha Cakes
- Sweet Purple Rice

Caribbean
- La Diablesse Food Cake (devils food cake)
- Chips and Bean dip  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces