Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What is Reiki Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:01 pm
Ok, I have a question. Where do you find Reiki teachers? Ive heard about it, and am thinking of learning it, but Im not sure where to look to find a teacher.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:26 am
PhantomPhoenix0
Ok, I have a question. Where do you find Reiki teachers? Ive heard about it, and am thinking of learning it, but Im not sure where to look to find a teacher.

Couple things:

First- try the phone book. Many individuals practice in addition to doing attunements.

Remember that many traditions have fees for the initiation. One of mine does not. No one who is initiated into Emerald Dragon Reiki can charge for the attunements. For the use of Reiki, they can, but there can be no dollar price set for an initiation within Emerald Dragon.

Second- Consider traveling. To be honest, the three hundred dollars to come and visit someone like me would be far easier for folks than say, the $50,000 charged by a local Reiki Master.

Check online- the Reiki community is huge. We have a large online presence (not that we are unified- sound like anyone else folks know? wink )

Always ask for their lineage. If you want to pay $50k for another healing art- great. But don't shell out the cash, only to realize they aren't actually doing Reiki later.  

TeaDidikai

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:17 pm
My level one Reiki is going to cost me 150$...*sighs* BUT, I know it will be worth it and I'll value it more because I paid for it. I'm silly like that. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:03 pm
EladrinStarmist
My level one Reiki is going to cost me 150$...*sighs* BUT, I know it will be worth it and I'll value it more because I paid for it. I'm silly like that. razz
My group gifts people. Fact of the matter is some Reiki trads charge tens of thousands of dollars- I'm sorry, but I know people who need to be Reiki Masters- but paying rent is important too.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:34 am
TeaDidikai
Second- Consider traveling. To be honest, the three hundred dollars to come and visit someone like me would be far easier for folks than say, the $50,000 charged by a local Reiki Master.

You have no idea how tempting that sounds. cool  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:02 am
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

It'd be much more expensive for me though.
Maybe we should have a PFRG get together. We could hold it in Ireland biggrin  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:18 am
reagun ban

Would you take me to Tara Hill? I've always wanted to go there. Is it even near where you are? *is bad with geography*  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:25 am
Deoridhe
reagun ban

Would you take me to Tara Hill? I've always wanted to go there. Is it even near where you are? *is bad with geography*

Tara is in Meath in the Skryne valley and if you wanna go see it, it's gonna have to be soon. They're putting a motor way trough the Skryne valley.
I live in Kildare, one county over. The thing is, what with my inability to drive, it's actually a bus into town and a bus out.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:36 pm
reagun ban
Deoridhe
reagun ban

Tara is in Meath in the Skryne valley and if you wanna go see it, it's gonna have to be soon. They're putting a motor way trough the Skryne valley.
I live in Kildare, one county over. The thing is, what with my inability to drive, it's actually a bus into town and a bus out.
I would love that! (Deo- if you can't make it to Ireland, you can always come out here.) I'd be happy to do both of your initiations into Emerald Dragon.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:58 pm
I hate the fact the Liath Fail, the Stone of Destiny, was stolen by Scotland (the throne of scone) and they won't give it back.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:18 pm
reagun ban
I hate the fact the Liath Fail, the Stone of Destiny, was stolen by Scotland (the throne of scone) and they won't give it back.
sweatdrop I actually saw that when I was living in Scotland... where was I? Sterling or someplace else? Assuming that is the one beneath the seat in that one Church.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:58 pm
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

So- does this mean I am doing a Reiki Attunement at Re-Con?  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:39 am
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

So- does this mean I am doing a Reiki Attunement at Re-Con?

I'm not sure I can make you anything worth the honor. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:49 am
Deoridhe

I'm not sure I can make you anything worth the honor. 3nodding
How about I plan to do it, and let you work out the details.

Sounds like Deo is up for it. I would be happy to provide attunements to Nuri and Wing as well if interested  

TeaDidikai

Morphenius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:54 am
Thanks for the reminder, Tea! It's been a while and I'd forgotten some details.

A few quick questions, if you have the answers to them:

TeaDidikai
For the terminally ill, it means easing their suffering and helping them move on in their life cycle.

I asked about this before, but I'm wondering if you've determined an answer as of yet: What determines when someone is terminally ill?

I'm thinking, for instance, of the fact that a hundred years ago if someone's heart stopped we proclaimed them dead and buried them. Today we just start their hearts back up, put them on medication and send them back to work. Thirty years ago if someone's brain flatlines they were proclaimed dead. Today we will sometimes induce brain flatlining for the purpose of surgery and then just "reboot" the brain later. Today if someone's head and heart are mechanically separated (e.g. decapitation) we think they're irrevocably dead. Maybe in fifty years that won't be the case.

Does Reiki account for this? Or does Reiki just kill someone who is in danger of having a heart attack?

TeaDidikai
The next is a Reiki Adept, these people can pass Reiki to others without touch, and even over great distances as well as healing with direct contact. Reiki Masters are able to initiate people and inanimate objects so that they can in turn pass Reiki on to those around them.

So, here's what my patterning mind devises from this: If at level 2 distance doesn't matter anymore, and at level 3 you can initiate people, can initiations be done long-distance?

If not, that suggests that there is some mechanical portion of initiation - that is, the body is physically altered in some way. This suggests that it might be possible to establish a mechanical process of making someone ready to receive their energetic attunement, at which point they just need the focus of any Reiki master.

Anything wrong with my reasoning here?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces