Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
WORST Neo-Pagan Religion. EVER. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This new religion. Worst or not?
  Yes... -eyebleed-
  o_o -no comment-
View Results

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:03 pm
TeaDidikai
River_Moonwolf
Let me begin by saying I like vampire stories.
Never saw the appeal really. Vampires, by their nature, suck.

I'll admit that I like True Blood tv series and the Southern Vampire Mysteries books - but my aversion to a creature as unclean as vampires is pretty overriding. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:07 pm
Collowrath

I'll admit that I like True Blood tv series and the Southern Vampire Mysteries books - but my aversion to a creature as unclean as vampires is pretty overriding. xp
Do you ever get the feeling the more we talk, the more we have in common?  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:12 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Quite a bit. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:18 pm
I take it that no one has heard of Cullenism. A joke religion at best. Hopefully no one will actually take it seriously. The last thing we need is stray thought-forms actually becoming god-forms.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:45 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Quite a bit. sweatdrop
It's kinda the same way for me and Cu. We don't always agree, but there is enough similar between our cultures that when we explain things in a common language we can kinda understand where the other is coming from.
I love it!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Quite a bit. sweatdrop
It's kinda the same way for me and Cu. We don't always agree, but there is enough similar between our cultures that when we explain things in a common language we can kinda understand where the other is coming from.
I love it!

I'm glad we have common ground! It's very rare for me to meet people that are interested in, let alone understand, some of the things I want to talk about. Especially when it comes to cleanliness. It's hard to explain sometimes why I do something the way I do, or why I feel a certain way about something, when the dominant culture has no similar understanding.

Not to mention that I came to my conclusions about it in an entirely round-about kind of manner.  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:06 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Quite a bit. sweatdrop
I love it!

I'm glad we have common ground! It's very rare for me to meet people that are interested in, let alone understand, some of the things I want to talk about. Especially when it comes to cleanliness. It's hard to explain sometimes why I do something the way I do, or why I feel a certain way about something, when the dominant culture has no similar understanding.

Not to mention that I came to my conclusions about it in an entirely round-about kind of manner.
I blame Paul.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:11 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Quite a bit. sweatdrop
I love it!

I blame Paul.

He seems to be responsible for a lot of the separation between Christianity and the rest of the Judaic-Muslim tradition. :/

As I started to amend onto my last post: There's also that we come from similar backgrounds, though we're in entirely different places. I'm infinitely grateful to know someone who is familiar with Dveviere and knows what I'm talking about while I'm trying to find my way around to the place I need to be.  

Collowrath

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:26 pm
TeaDidikai
If I was truly afraid of the gun (aka, not lucid dreaming) I'd shrug and go along with it, all the while thinking what a nutcase someone is for worshiping a fictional vampire that was constructed by a less than eloquent author who has deep seeded Enneagram 4 issues.

....I'm an Enneagram 4.

Also, on the topic of vampire love - the historical/mythological ones are creepy, but the theme of consumption can be compelling. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:58 pm
Collowrath

He seems to be responsible for a lot of the separation between Christianity and the rest of the Judaic-Muslim tradition. :/
I was reading through an interesting essay on the words of Paul, his personal authority and the contradictions between his words and Yeshua's the other day. Like I needed another reason to dislike him. stare

Quote:
As I started to amend onto my last post: There's also that we come from similar backgrounds, though we're in entirely different places. I'm infinitely grateful to know someone who is familiar with Dveviere and knows what I'm talking about while I'm trying to find my way around to the place I need to be.
Well, and then there's the fact that my family likely absorbed a lot of Slavic understandings from the numerous generations spent in that region of the world.

It may also be that I identify more with European culture than I do with popular American Culture when it comes to certain understandings- something we might share because our families are still directly influenced generation-wise by our relatives time in Europe (and my personal time there as well).

Deoridhe
....I'm an Enneagram 4.
A fact I am painfully aware of, Love.

Quote:
Also, on the topic of vampire love - the historical/mythological ones are creepy, but the theme of consumption can be compelling. sweatdrop
Very compelling in a "KILL THE ********!" sort of way.  

TeaDidikai

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:50 am
Collowrath
... but my aversion to a creature as unclean as vampires is pretty overriding. xp

sorry, i just find it ironic that your avatar is a vampire rofl

back on topic, i have neither seen nor read Twilight, so in all fairness, i can't comment on it as a series. However, i will say, 'real' vampires are not sexy (just look at Nosferatu) and, for the sake of fluffy kittens, they do not sparkle!!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:18 am
I have a rule about the fiction I read. It has to do with the first five pages.
Twilight Flunked.  

TeaDidikai

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:29 am
TeaDidikai
Twilight Flunked.

What is that rule if you don't mind sharing?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:51 am
Aino Ailill
TeaDidikai
River_Moonwolf
Let me begin by saying I like vampire stories.
Never saw the appeal really. Vampires, by their nature, suck.

Not necessarily. There was this cartoon (involving Sccoby Doo, Frankenstein, etc. I believe) where Dracula corrected this myth. Vampires scrape and lick, not suck. xp

Actually, I believe that was a "The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy" thing, where the Grim reaper was lost outside in a desert after taking Dracula from the Supernatural nursing home. Grim was trying to take him to a breakfast diner, But everything went wrong. Being attacked by Star Wars characters, Giant screaming scorpions, and cray truck drivers that make arts and crafts with finger and toe nails, This obviously left Grim tired and unable to go on. So Dracula to this opportunity to "bite" Grim in his sleep, Only for Grim to wake up and panic at Dracula nibbling on his bones yelling "Dracula does not bite! Dracula scrape and lick! Scrape and lick!"

But I could be wrong, This may have actually been on Scooby Doo and I just never caught that episode. gonk

Namikikyo

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:55 am
rmcdra
TeaDidikai
Twilight Flunked.

What is that rule if you don't mind sharing?
There are a handful of common mistakes that you find in fiction. If you have them on page four, you're likely to find them on a hundred and four etc.

Infodumps are for Interwebs, starting with dialogue or back story or breaking the flow are a couple others.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff