Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
mom took away my tarot cards!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:19 pm
Jishin
I've done divination with a deck of Magi-Nation and Magic cards, and by opening books to random pages (bibliomancy). You really can do it with anything, as long as you're open and focused.

I think you are thinking of Stichomancy. Bibliomancy is used with the Bible alone to my knowledge.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:23 pm
TeaDidikai

I think you are thinking of Stichomancy. Bibliomancy is used with the Bible alone to my knowledge.

Isn't "bible" Latin for any book in general, though (and if not Latin, some other language)?  

NoSuchCreature

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:44 pm
TeaDidikai

I've seen the word used both ways, and couldn't remember how to spell stichomancy. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:17 am
Sucellus
TeaDidikai

Isn't "bible" Latin for any book in general, though (and if not Latin, some other language)?
It is Latin, but the word is Biblio last I checked. But then, the nature of terms for divination shift.

Jishin
TeaDidikai

I've seen the word used both ways, and couldn't remember how to spell stichomancy. wink

I figured. I think that Stichomancy is the common one because of the popularity of using the Bible.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces