Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I'm Confused Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

patch99329

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:25 am
I like the advice so far.
Really, you should sit and first work out what you yourself believe, and THEN start applying the labels. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:28 am
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
A Soporific and Aneal are two mainstream Christians that have this view. Though some denominations of Christianity have issues with this and see this view as a sin.
Didn't know about Sopo... and the other name is Ananel. And how mainstream Ananel could be considered is up for debate.
A Sopo said in one thread he was a monolateralist and he recognizes that his God doesn't play well with others (gods). As for Ananel, he's stated that he's Lutheran, but I do remember him saying he's a heretical one.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:17 am
rmcdra
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
A Soporific and Aneal are two mainstream Christians that have this view. Though some denominations of Christianity have issues with this and see this view as a sin.
Didn't know about Sopo... and the other name is Ananel. And how mainstream Ananel could be considered is up for debate.
A Sopo said in one thread he was a monolateralist and he recognizes that his God doesn't play well with others (gods). As for Ananel, he's stated that he's Lutheran, but I do remember him saying he's a heretical one.
Highly Heretical. And Sopo could actually be excommunicated for his position. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:56 am
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
Highly Heretical. And Sopo could actually be excommunicated for his position. confused
Maybe I might be mistaken. I could be confusing posts.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Nines19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:42 pm
rmcdra
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
TeaDidikai
rmcdra

Yeah, that might've been me, not A Sop. Sounds like something I've said repeatedly in different threads, almost verbatim.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:44 pm
Nines19
rmcdra
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
TeaDidikai
rmcdra

Yeah, that might've been me, not A Sop. Sounds like something I've said repeatedly in different threads, almost verbatim.
My understanding is he may be open to the possibility, but finds the whole thing completely irrelevant as he has nothing to do with pagan gods.
The RCC is really into it's Monotheism and all.  

TeaDidikai

PsychischesWeibchen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:34 pm
gothgirlkk
Ok I believe in GOD but I also believe that there are other GOD's and GODDESS. So like I asked how can I tell people that I believe in Christian believes and Wicca believes.

Forgive me if I am repeating someone...

Do believe that there is "A" God (like one supreme being)? Or do you believe in what Christians perceive God as?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:32 pm
PsychischesWeibchen
gothgirlkk
Ok I believe in GOD but I also believe that there are other GOD's and GODDESS. So like I asked how can I tell people that I believe in Christian believes and Wicca believes.

Forgive me if I am repeating someone...

Do believe that there is "A" God (like one supreme being)? Or do you believe in what Christians perceive God as?
It would have been nice if you had bothered to actually read the posts made before you. After all, we did take time to put them together and address the issues the poster raised.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:59 pm
River_Moonwolf
Hello. I apologize if my earlier statement offended, truly I do. I shall now, point by point, respond. Again, I mean no disrespect, please call me out if I do.
You're fine. No worries.

Quote:

I never meant to imply that doing good precludes a return. I simply meant, and perhaps could have better stated, that implied goal of doing good is doing good for it's own sake.
That is a better phrasing of what you said, it implies something completely different than your previous post. That said, it has nothing to do with the Rede.
Quote:

Of course as humans it's perfectly natural to want a reward for doing "the right thing", but it's always been my (perhaps mistaken) belief that whatever laws various religions have handed down have been intended as guideposts to perfecting the human condition.
This is a mistaken belief. A number of religious rules have nothing to do with perfecting the human condition. Some of them are designed to simply keep gods from getting so pissed off that they kill you. Some of them are designed to ensure that the theology is perpetuated, for better or worse.

Some of the more annoying ones I follow have to do with keeping spiritually clean- which, save for the fact that being unclean often leads to me being screwed over, I can opt in or out of them at will. I choose not to because I don't like attracting s**t that can bite me in the a**. But it's my choice all the same.

Quote:
My statement was made under the assumption that the law, and others like it, were meant to discourage performing negative acts for their own sake. Obviously, as an example, if one's safety is jeopardized, it is perfectly reasonable, nay expected to defend oneself to the fullest. I merely meant that creating chaos, as an example, for it's own sake was prohibited.
This is a function of you not understanding the Rede.

The Rede isn't law. It's advice. The Rede, as is commonly distorted outside of the Wica, boils down to "An it harm none, do as ye will."

Let's look at this carefully.
An it harm none: If it doesn't harm...
Do as ye will: Do what you will. Now, without getting into a huge debate as to if this will is simply a mortal desire or a spiritual calling of truth within one's nature- all this says is that if it doesn't hurt anyone, it's okay. This is not the same as saying if it hurts someone, it isn't okay.
Quote:

In many cases, not all, 'negative' can indeed be equated with 'wrong'. Part of the problem is that the definitions can vary by individual. Of course, there are some things that can universally considered 'wrong.' In my haste, I blended the two concepts. I was speaking in generalities, I should have been more specific, and I apologize. And of course, one can choose to live with any consequences, provided one feels they are worth it. If one were to attack my new nephew, for instance, I'm fairly certain I could live with the consequences of y possibly causing them great physical harm. (Not that I' violent - I am merely protective of my family.)
Your apology is accepted, and your example actually can help to illustrate the point I made earlier.

The Rede doesn't say you can't harm someone who harms your nephew. It merely states that if your actions won't harm, then you have blanket permission to do it. In cases where harm will take place- it doesn't make a comment about if you should do it or not.

The reason the statements tend to make my teeth itch is because there are positions within people's culture that call them to take revenge.

Quote:
I meant no insult or disrespect. My own personal path is one that wishes blessings for all, regardless of friendship, or even if I personally agree with them.
I'm hoping that some of the discussion on Blessings in the other threads has already addressed this. If it hasn't let me know and I can readdress it here.

Just as an FYI, we're cool. You're actually a good example of the kind of folks I like talking with in the guild. Even if we don't agree- you're not an a*****e and you're willing to discuss differences. I can respect that.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:46 am
I'm actually the same. Catholic, Wicca, Buddhist, Taoist, Hindu, etc... I guess you could call that neo-eclectic paganism. I never really thought of that. One friend really summed it up by stating that I'm very "spiritual" so I stick with that. It's really a waste of time to label my faith because I simply believe. There's no "why", "how" or "what" about it. I'm just spiritual!  

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:50 am
Azaveil
It's really a waste of time to label my faith because I simply believe.
So you believe in every established faith tradition?
Even the ones that are mutually exclusive?
Even the ones that include child rape as part of the religious tradition?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:12 pm
TeaDidikai

*raises hand*

what traditions include child rape as a part of the religious belief? can it not be assumed that the ones in question are just criminally perverse and using a legitimate religion in order to live out their own sick *****? sort of like how some cult leaders use their followers to get money then kill them all in mass suicide/homicide because of a comet is passing over or something... maybe i watch too much tv...

note: this is in no way defending anyone who participates in the raping of children  

whiporwill-o

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:29 pm
whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai

*raises hand*

what traditions include child rape as a part of the religious belief? can it not be assumed that the ones in question are just criminally perverse and using a legitimate religion in order to live out their own sick *****? sort of like how some cult leaders use their followers to get money then kill them all in mass suicide/homicide because of a comet is passing over or something... maybe i watch too much tv...

note: this is in no way defending anyone who participates in the raping of children

The Frosts do, and they only do so once the minor has entered puberty and so I doubt it has to do with *****.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:45 pm
Aino Ailill
whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai

*raises hand*

The Frosts do, and they only do so once the minor has entered puberty and so I doubt it has to do with ***** class="clear">

is it thier specific tradition that requires the act? i have heard of the frosts, but i know little about them other than what this is about. i am only curious because i seek knowledge and because of morbid curiousity, it is difficult for me to imagine people doing this sort of thing, but i know it happens. sad  

whiporwill-o

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces