Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Play in Paradise

Back to Guilds

Come and entertain your imagination in Paradise. All are welcome! 

Tags: free, Role Playing, Paradise 

Reply Paradise
Great Debate: RP forum format and other such nonsensities Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mathwl1020
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:31 am
I talked to krell, but he doesn't want to help because he's worried about going through a project and seeing it fail because other people aren't trying, so he's not going to be our brainstormer. I'll see about shadow, but I'm not sure either. and I like your ideas, kurio. oh, krell did give some advise, he said we should get a good group chat and a way for members to get to know each other better.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:25 am
Kuroi-sama
I don't have any objections to the staffing.

As for catchy titles for the forums...here's what I can come up with so far.

School
-Hit the Books!
-Gakuran Paradise (Gakuran being the Japanese word for school)

Mystery
-Get a Clue
-Bloody Footprints

Romance
-Heart to Heart
-On the Wings of Love
-Cupid's Hangout

One on Ones
-Get personal
-1+1=?

Series Based
-This ain't like your papa's fandom
-Where fans unite

I know I'm missing some categories, but I'm not coming up with much. I'll try to think of some others later maybe. Ahh...if only we had a brainstormer chosen. >.<

I think I might just have the best staff on Gaia, I ask and you deliver!

Here are the ones of those I think are keepers:

Hit the Books
Bloody Footprints
On the Wings of Love
1+1=?
Where Fans Unite  

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:28 am
mathwl1020
I talked to krell, but he doesn't want to help because he's worried about going through a project and seeing it fail because other people aren't trying, so he's not going to be our brainstormer. I'll see about shadow, but I'm not sure either. and I like your ideas, kurio. oh, krell did give some advise, he said we should get a good group chat and a way for members to get to know each other better.

Hm, dammit Krell. I was never too sure about him on the crew though, too much of a loose cannon. I'm sure shadow'll be in though. And we already have plenty of the chat/get to know each other element in Introduce Yourself, Super Random Awesomeness, and all the threads in The Greatest Show In Earth. But I suppose a non-insanity/randomness, talk about anything thread on the main page could help. Perhaps "How Was Your Day? (General Chat)"?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:16 am
*waves hand at Korn*

BRAINSTORMER!!!!
-cackles-  

Ronnel no Fenniksu
Crew

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:22 am
Yes everyone, I have found a brain stormer. You may have no idea who he is, but I am perfectly confident in his creative ability. I believe you call fill yourself in by reading this thread Ronnel.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:23 am
Hey all. Due to a great donation from Korn. (The best guy on Gaia.) I now have the funds to start my own guild. No need to worry about the part I will play here. However, I will need people that I can trust for my crew. I can think of no one better than the people here. I am going to open a thread here to get some brainstorming on the name and what nots of the guild. No need to worry, Korn. I will get rid of it when I am done with it. But as soon as I get it up, I would like to offer that Korn be my first vice and my second in command. If you will take it, I promise a long guild friendship that will last until there are no RPs to play. Our blood lines will play on each others guild for many years to come. But first, I will need a name. I go to open the thread now.  

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 am
Donie, it would be an honor to be your second in command and you partner in crime in the guilding world.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:35 am
*Takes lightsaber out and salute Korn* May the force be with us. (This is the fits time I have taken out a lightsaber and not cut some one up. BTW is the respawner online right now. *Looks evilly at Matt*)  

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:39 am
I'm sure it is! (AMAZING! Looks like the therapy is working!)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:46 am
Kuroi-sama

School
-Hit the Books!

Mystery
-Get a Clue
-Bloody Footprints

Romance
-Heart to Heart
-On the Wings of Love
-Cupid's Hangout

One on Ones
-Get personal
-1+1=?

Series Based
-Where fans unite

I know I'm missing some categories, but I'm not coming up with much. I'll try to think of some others later maybe. Ahh...if only we had a brainstormer chosen. >.<

School:
-Gakuran High ((Everyday RP))

-Inspector You ((Detective Academy))

-There and Back Again ((College Setting, whereas Gakuran High is Highschool))

Mystery:

-Catch Me if you Can! (Villain Half)

-Foil Them Twice (Good Guys)

Romance:

-Kawaiiii!!!! (Japanese for Cute...) ((Casual Romances, build friendships))

-Aishiteru (Japanese for Love) ((Deep romance, no breaking TOS!))

One on Ones:

-Just you and me

-Two is Company

Series Based:
-We All Live in a Virtual World ((Video games, cartoon/Anime/Manga))

-Other Side of the Looking Glass ((Non animated TV shows,; IE The Dresden Files))

Fight Threads:
-Headstrong, I'll Take You On!

-Vengeance is Best Served Cold.

Hello Hello, first post as a Crew, and as Brainstormer. These are just prelim dieas, and I have a couple more ideas for names for some more specific things, like the Inspector You, only for fighting schools, and wizarding schools.  

Ronnel no Fenniksu
Crew

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:58 am
Ronnel no Fenniksu
Kuroi-sama

School
-Hit the Books!

Mystery
-Get a Clue
-Bloody Footprints

Romance
-Heart to Heart
-On the Wings of Love
-Cupid's Hangout

One on Ones
-Get personal
-1+1=?

Series Based
-Where fans unite

School:
-Gakuran High ((Everyday RP))

-Inspector You ((Detective Academy))

-There and Back Again ((College Setting, whereas Gakuran High is Highschool))

Mystery:

-Catch Me if you Can! (Villain Half)

-Foil Them Twice (Good Guys)

Romance:

-Kawaiiii!!!! (Japanese for Cute...) ((Casual Romances, build friendships))

-Aishiteru (Japanese for Love) ((Deep romance, no breaking TOS!))

One on Ones:

-Just you and me

-Two is Company

Series Based:
-We All Live in a Virtual World ((Video games, cartoon/Anime/Manga))

-Other Side of the Looking Glass ((Non animated TV shows,; IE The Dresden Files))

Fight Threads:
-Headstrong, I'll Take You On!

-Vengeance is Best Served Cold.

Hello Hello, first post as a Crew, and as Brainstormer. These are just prelim dieas, and I have a couple more ideas for names for some more specific things, like the Inspector You, only for fighting schools, and wizarding schools.

See, I told ya this guy would have ideas out the ears!
Well Ronnel, the main objection I have is the Japanese aspect. Although there are many Japanese Gaia users, the rest (with the exception of the die-hard manga fan) will have no idea with in hell those terms mean.

Maybe we could have two seperate forums for series based RPs; one anime/manga and one that covers the rest. My only thought on that is are there enough non-anime based RP ideas out there to make having two seperate forums of series based worth while?

And to kind of add to the previous point, I'd like to keep the forums to a minimum. Which means rather generalized forum topics. That means that all the average/human, "wizarding"/magic, and creature/non-human school RPs (whether highschool, college, or elementary) would be in the same forum. The same would go to all the other topics.

And other comments?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:02 pm
Mmm, that's kinda what I was going for anyway, messed up when I typed it. The video games and non-anime/manga is also supposed to be in the "Other Side" Thread.

And for the Keeping threads down...hm. Ok, We can narrow it down to a thread for abnormal ((Super powers, magic etc)) and one for the normal stuff ((Things like the Detective academy and the normal every day school type.))  

Ronnel no Fenniksu
Crew

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:05 pm
That's exactly what the initial plan is. The topics I'd like to start with are on one of my posts on the first page.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:09 pm
Korn On A Stik
Hm, tough choice on the organization issue. Though I think we could combine a couple ideas here.....
Perhaps we'll have the different categories style of subbie organization. Perhaps we'll start out with these:

School RPs (Normal or otherwise)
Fantasy (Medieval and Magical)
Science Fiction (Futuristic and Aliens)
Mystery (Who-Done-It and Unknowns)
Pure Romance
One on Ones (Any type)
Pure Combat (Simply duke it out type fighting)

This one?  

Ronnel no Fenniksu
Crew

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:14 pm
Yep  
Paradise

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff