Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Nosebleeds. Are they really caused by sexyness? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yaoi?
  Yay!
  *faints*
  *stares*
  Yes....? So what?
View Results

lecoser

Romantic Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:01 pm
Despite read and watching yaoi for 4 years already, I haven't seen anything sexy enough to trigger a nose bleed. I'm still waiting for that moment though...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:37 pm
Oh, the nosebleed. I know for a fact I would never get one, but I'm sure it's amazing. I've never had a nosebleed before so yeah. DX

Infinite Pandora

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:12 am
never gotten one either i wonder what it would take for a fan person to get one though  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:18 pm
I think I have before. I was having a very nice Loveless dream (SeimeiRitsuka xd ) and I wake up because my nose was wet and it turns out to be bleeding. eek I don't know what happened, whether it was a coincidence or something else. stare  

Insufferable Dai

Unforgiving Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Cheercrusher 50

LazyButler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:55 pm
Sadly, this hasn't happened to me yet crying

Not that's I'm desperate to have a bloody nose or anything, it's just that I think it would be a funny thing to experience sweatdrop

But I have caught myself on a drool or two xd  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:49 pm
drool. plenty. actual real nosebleed *while* reading, not yet.... although i once did have a light nosebleed several hours after watching some  

AIRanimechiic

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Akira_666_13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:48 pm
Not so far. I've gotten nosebleeds while reading yaoi, but I get them all the time so I think they were coincidences.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:03 pm
ive never gotten a nosebleed by over sexyness or natural/apropriate means

69_Go-Go_69

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:05 pm
I only get nosebleeds from getting punched in the nose or from heatwaves - if I happen to be reading yaoi at the same time, it's a coincidence. I think that's it just a myth/meme, y'know?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:28 pm
User Image
the memories you painted that time.
now i see the colours you made it.
in order to protect the you who seemed ready to fall apart,
i spread my slightly anxious wings.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
haha no. i wish.
(why? cause that might show how big a perv i am. >.> )
i only got a nosebleed twice, but they had nothing to do with yaoi.

Pawn Of Ace - - x

tefcouun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:58 pm
Never  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:39 am
I like to say that I've gotten an invisible nosebleed rofl Whenever I see something extremely hot, I blush like mad and just feel like I'm having a nosebleed without actually bleeding...it's kinda weird and hard to explain. Its like...at that moment if I was in an anime or manga...I would be gushing from my nose sweatdrop  

Fiyori_Takeshi

Shoujo Valentine

17,125 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Friendly 100

NNYAnime

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:28 pm
The nosebleed in anime in manga is actually a type of innuendo; it doesn't really happen in real life (tho there are probably coincidences)

I'll try my best to explain; it is meant to represent blood flow to a certain "area" of the body in a more subtle way.
Generally females blush where the males get nosebleeds

I googled for a better description: "In Japanese anime and manga, the nosebleed is a visual shorthand/euphemism for sexual arousal, specifically an erection in males (which makes it all the more odd when used with a female character.)"

I hope this makes sense sweatdrop

I have had a few nosebleeds in my lifetime, none relating to anything "matureish". They weren't that bad actually  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:56 am
Like in cartoons that have zzzz going over a sleeping person, I think its like that, just showing that their... ya know.
Where it came from, I have no idea but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist or else everyone would need nose plugs every time they had sex... o.0  

Kasumi-tan

Eloquent Vampire

Insignificant Observer

Liberal Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:24 pm
I rarely ever get nosebleeds, and usually it's caused by some sinue malfunction. So no. But if it did happen I'd probably crack up, since there's a joke amonst me and my friends about my 'random bleeding.'  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff