IDonate2U Join Today! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:17 pm
Ugh. Really people? Here's how it goes...
You donate gold/items, it goes into a fund to help others. Some guilds, for every certain amount you donate, will give you a certain item or amount back for helping them out, alongside of giving to the unfortunate. Of course they usually wont tell you the amount or the item because if you dont like what they give you, you won't donate. Others take donations and use them to help out other unfortunate gaians who need it, but don't necessarily give back to those who donated. That is the point of the word DONATION. It's a free gift given out of kindness to help someone less fortunate than yourself. Noone said you HAD to donate. They just kindly asked. That is your decision whether or not you will. To donate in expectation of getting something is wrong and ruins the giving spirit that Gaia was founded on.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:37 pm
....Whoa, Demi. Relax. I know you hate this kind of thing, but dude, a speech might be a bit much. And although I agree that people should work for what they have, like we did, asking for help isn't a bad thing. We've had generous people help us on here too. However, yes there is a line where needing help turns into greed. But there's not much we can do about it. Maybe your speech will open eyes, or people will try to get you permafrozen for harassment, which in all reality cannot be done for what you said. Actually, I think if an Admin actually took the time to read that, they'd be impressed. lol But really, we know what is right and that we have worked for what we have gotten. And that's all we really can do. Other than donate.  

XbeyondXsavingX

Ladykiller

8,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Forbidden_Rose28

2,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:31 pm
gold plzz and i'll donate as soon as i can.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:16 pm
BUMP

puddinbutt

5,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

puddinbutt

5,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:18 pm
Project_Demitel
Ugh. Really people? Here's how it goes...
You donate gold/items, it goes into a fund to help others. Some guilds, for every certain amount you donate, will give you a certain item or amount back for helping them out, alongside of giving to the unfortunate. Of course they usually wont tell you the amount or the item because if you dont like what they give you, you won't donate. Others take donations and use them to help out other unfortunate gaians who need it, but don't necessarily give back to those who donated. That is the point of the word DONATION. It's a free gift given out of kindness to help someone less fortunate than yourself. Noone said you HAD to donate. They just kindly asked. That is your decision whether or not you will. To donate in expectation of getting something is wrong and ruins the giving spirit that Gaia was founded on.

EXCELLENT! This is the first guild and thread of this nature, that i've been too or am a member of, where someone actually understands the meaning of giving!  
IDonate2U

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff