Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Does anyone follow gods considered evil? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:10 pm
Stripperish Coyote
After all we did create them.
Did we now? And what do you have to substantiate this hubris?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:22 pm
Hell, lets do the rest of this.

Stripperish Coyote
The Discordians and I see something different in the deities of chaos,destruction and, mayhem.
And what makes you more enlightened than the Greeks?

Quote:
As if some things can be wrong.
On this much we can agree.

Quote:
Or some people(creatures,Deities,your mother etc.) can change or can be looked at with a different light.Times change and deities would too.
Yes. For instance, Loki seems to have taken on a fire aspect which he never actually historically had. Some people think this has actually happened, instead of Mr. Darks and Thoughtforms, because of CPG between Lokeans.

Quote:
Odin isn't demanding sacrifices nowadays is he?
Uh, yes. Yes he is. I have personally sacrificed whiskey to him. Deo has mentioned someone she knows having a Valknuter tattoo which he refered to as his "insert spear here" mark. While this is not a direct sacrifice, it is a willingness towards one. You can't tell me that no Asatru who has ever joined the military hasn't thought about making the ultimate sacrifice for Odin.

People still kill boars at Yule, people still spill drink at Hoffs, people still leave food for the Gods. The Gods still ask things of us. This hasn't changed.

Quote:
People are following Druidism without human sacrifice even though that was a vital part of their practice.
The Druids weren't a religious order, they were a caste, and every last one of them was killed off. They don't exist anymore.

Quote:
We have changed so the gods have changed as well.
The Gods revolve around us? Since when?  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Nines19

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:58 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Stripperish Coyote
Or some people(creatures,Deities,your mother etc.) can change or can be looked at with a different light.Times change and deities would too.
Yes. For instance, Loki seems to have taken on a fire aspect which he never actually historically had. Some people think this has actually happened, instead of Mr. Darks and Thoughtforms, because of CPG between Lokeans.

So, Manowar weren't entirely off their rockers when they referred to him as, "Loki, God of Fire"?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:10 pm
Nines19
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Stripperish Coyote

So, Manowar weren't entirely off their rockers when they referred to him as, "Loki, God of Fire"?
That depends entirely on who you're talking to.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:59 pm
Kashaku-Tatsu

Never said it didn't exist, simply said I never believed in it... Just like me saying I don't believe in the judeo-christian god doesn't mean I'm saying he doesn't exist, just stating that I don't believe in him.
The problem is that you phrased the position as a fallacy.

Quote:

Why don't you ask her? And while you're at it, I'll have a talk with your deity and ask if you are a follower of him....
Actually, you won't. He won't deal with you- you're impure. My gods have standards.

Quote:

really do you have to continue to belittle a belief (which in it's nature isn't something scientific unless you're forcing a belief by something you read in books).
This isn't about belittling belief, it's about calling people out on their misinformation and fallacy.

Quote:
I found sources to back our beliefs
You found sources that aren't valid.

Quote:
and yet you continued to twist things around to try to make yourself right.
Actually, I demonstrate you're wrong, there's a difference.

Quote:
OK fine there is nothing but english guesses at the translations, even studying any of the proto-languages to say you know ancient sumerian is still just a linguist's best guess, every conceived notion could be wrong.
As Celebelin pointed out- this isn't the case. And the fact you are presenting it as an actual argument is a clear demonstration of how faulty your understanding of things is.

Quote:
I have received many blessings, even destructive blessings I didn't recognize as blessings at first, from working with her and I won't change that cause you want to question an english guess at what the linguists translate a tablet as and what I experience in rituals.
As I said, my suspicion is this is self inflicted via thoughtform. Big difference in nature, if not effect.

Quote:
I seem to recall you using enlightenment from your deity to justify a respelling of a particular word....
Then you're delusional. I have done no such thing.

Quote:
You want to treat my writings and belief with continual spite I shall start to do that same to yours.
You'd be hard pressed to do so. You know little to nothing about my tradition.

Quote:
I am about done trying to play nice with these constant holier-than-thou attitude snide remarks, which usually comes with nothing more than your word and I'm supposed to accept that.
Problem. I have documented linguistics showing how wrong you are. Greek. Latin. Hebrew. Sumerian. Sources that have been peer reviewed and are suitable for reference in Graduate studies.

You have fluffy pagan websites and archeology that was debunked in the sixties.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 pm
Kashaku-Tatsu
I've been demanded to jump through hoops and provide texts, etc for every post I've ever made.
That's because your unsupported opinions have been demonstrated to be wrong by improved archeological studies.
Quote:

They were all shot down and called wrong cause they were an english translation.
Not because they are an English translation, because they are an English Mistranslation.

Get it right and stop misrepresenting my position.

Quote:
My beliefs are with my deities not books,
Except your deities aren't what you claim they are. Hence why it is more likely that it has nothing to do with said deities and everything to do with a thoughtform shaped like the deity you wish they were.
Quote:

I stated "my beliefs" many times and have stated they are my beliefs then told they are wrong cause of whatever could be found to try to prove me wrong. I fail to see how a belief will change cause someone doesn't like the fact I'm going off of english translated creation tablets, that seem to match my experiences with said deity.
Because you're engaging in revisionism. Working with an individual allows for the other person to be wrong. Working with your own thoughts means that you aren't going to contradict yourself unless you want to.

Quote:
I was respectful, never given anything but spite so it's had it's wearing on me.
You weren't respectful. If you had been, you wouldn't have justified your actions.

Quote:
Aside from a National Geographic special on Eden that stated Tiamat was the serpent in Eden and the dragon in revelations, I can't think of an instance where she's stated as "evil"
Both of which are not actually in support of the position in question.

Quote:
but most chaos deities
Prove she is a "chaos deity". Hint: Stephanie Dalley's word isn't good enough- the clear revisionism in her work is well noted.

Quote:
Already mentioned that whole thing was about previous beef we've had over my not being able to follow my beliefs and was mocked cause the english translation was "wrong". I don't care if someone wants to believe in a fictional character as their god,
Neither do I. I just expect them to admit as such.

Quote:
And the statement on what Tiamat would think of me worshiping her wasn't?
Nope. Critical thinking is important when it comes to removing fluff.

Quote:
lol That is precisely how I feel her posts to me are coming off. Not as challenges or discussions, but childish snide remarks (which in a lot of circles a snide remark and saying all sources but mine are wrong is acting holier-than-thou).
Your sources are wrong. That's just a byproduct of you not having quality sources. ~shrugs~

Once you come to terms with the fluff, you can actually recover from it.  

TeaDidikai

CilverCyanide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:48 pm
TeaDidikai
Kashaku-Tatsu

Quote:
Why don't you ask her? And while you're at it, I'll have a talk with your deity and ask if you are a follower of him....
Actually, you won't. He won't deal with you- you're impure. My gods have standards.

Just out of curiosity, where do you get this from? How exactly do you know he won't be able to?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:54 pm
CilverCyanide

Just out of curiosity, where do you get this from? How exactly do you know he won't be able to?

She didn't say he cannot. She said he would not. There's a difference.  

IH_Zero

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:57 pm
CilverCyanide

I know for a fact that they don't follow the purity Laws. The laws are bound within the culture and they do not belong to my culture.

And this is common knowledge.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:00 pm
TeaDidikai
CilverCyanide

I know for a fact that they don't follow the purity Laws. The laws are bound within the culture and they do not belong to my culture.

And this is common knowledge.

I'm sorry, but I don't take the time to look inside each culture or faith to that depth. It's really not common knowledge in my opinion.  

CilverCyanide

Nines19

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:02 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Nines19
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Stripperish Coyote

Okay.

Might I get anywhere in asking your stance on it personally? Just out of curiosity.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:12 pm
Nines19
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Nines19
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Stripperish Coyote

Okay.

Might I get anywhere in asking your stance on it personally? Just out of curiosity.
He's a fiery enough b*****d to me. I would still disagree with them saying he's God of x, because that boxes deities in ways you really shouldn't. Generally when you ask me what a deity is the God of, you're going to get a very long answer, or something half sarcastic (I enjoy telling people Vidharr is the God of Vengance and Shoes that way)  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:21 pm
CilverCyanide

I'm sorry, but I don't take the time to look inside each culture or faith to that depth. It's really not common knowledge in my opinion.
You misunderstand the post. It's common knowledge about my culture. I'm pointing out there is no point in providing a source for an aspect that anyone who knows anything about me and mine would know of.

That's not to say it's common knowledge in the general population. Sorry for the Crap English.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:23 pm
TeaDidikai
CilverCyanide

You misunderstand the post. It's common knowledge about my culture. I'm pointing out there is no point in providing a source for an aspect that anyone who knows anything about me and mine would know of.

That's not to say it's common knowledge in the general population. Sorry for the Crap English.

Ah. I was totally off. Thanks and sorry to trouble you.  

CilverCyanide

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:37 pm
CilverCyanide
TeaDidikai
CilverCyanide

Ah. I was totally off. Thanks and sorry to trouble you.
No worries. I should have worded it better. You have my apologies.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff