!~~RESPECT~~! (Mandatory Reading) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:14 am
Hopefully having this as an announcement for a bit got the point across overall.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:20 pm
*brushes the dust off this topic*  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:44 pm
Ihiku
Personally, I try and avoid conflict when I can. Yep, Hippy Goth, or whatever. Pacifist goth? GothGhandi? Nevermind, anyway, repsect each other, the rest of humanity blowing the hell out of each other, let's not start here.

GothGhandi . . . love it heart . I actually read somewhere that a lot of goths are pacifists.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:32 pm
Respect is dying out in the schools, so the people who think they own everything in real life, come out onto the web and start badmouthing about those who are differnt.
"Excuse me" has turned to "Get the f*** outta my way" (or something to that effect)
Hell, even grade school children are picking up these habits, scary as it may seem. I'm starting to think that a 'manners' or 'respect of others' classes should be given, but hey thats me.  

Omega_Dragoon_Wolff

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:37 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Respect should always be given whether your in school, a car, or on the net its the one thing you should always have.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:46 pm
Dearest Darling`
I second that.

I wonder if thirding something is possible?  

Hrafnulfur

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:04 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Bumping this up because it needs to be read

it does  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:42 pm
lurichan
spooky_sez
'Witchcraft' thread=

MiLK`
Swann
I've always been interested in the subject but wicca interests me more. Although I don't know much about either subject I do read up on them once in awhile.

Wicca is for whiney angsty teens who are too scared to practice real Paganism.

It also worries me that this MiLK person is part of a Nazi guild, though I hope that those kind of beliefs and opinions are kept to themselves here.

As long as the tenent of respect is followed, it should be a non-issue. That is actually one of the posts that did prompt this particular topic to be brought back to the front page though.

Milk i do have to say this in my opinion i believe that wiccan is not what you think it is cuz i am wiccan and 22 it is a peaceful religion that harm none that is just my opinion  

ravenkeso

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:02 am
ravenkeso

Milk i do have to say this in my opinion i believe that wiccan is not what you think it is cuz i am wiccan and 22 it is a peaceful religion that harm none that is just my opinion

Milk was eventually banned for flaming and is no longer a part of this guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:42 am
i agree i mean were not supposted to get mean to ppl here when were all friends. its a good thing this was touched on... i mean all my life i have had no real friends and i still don't pretty much... even on gaia i have no one barely... but thats not the point... the unique has to stick together  

Poetic Witch

Feral Kitten

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:00 am
lurichan
ravenkeso

Milk was eventually banned for flaming and is no longer a part of this guild.

I fully support that motion by the way.

She was in another goth guild I used to belong to and was just downright nasty.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:29 pm
darkXmoon
Woohoo, I know that wasn't for me because I have been gone for like a month now from the guild. Damn you Halloween how I love yet hate you so.

Kidding aside she is 100% right fokes. Every one is different even in the goth world. An for these difference we do not resort to name calling and other childish things that slowly degrade and dampen the spirits of them, no, instead I say respect them for these reasoned. I do. There are a lot of people in the goth community I would like to go after with a rusty golf club.. but I don't.

Soo.. if you don't like some thing about another person, just ignore them. It takes a bigger man to walk away.

^^ I second that...  

Ming Chen

Poetic Witch

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:43 am
I agree biggrin heart Gotta have respect!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:10 pm
lurichan
One of the founding priciples of this guild is to respect one another, and respect differences of opinions. That means that if you disagree with someone on something in regards to say "what is means to be goth" or which band is better than another than you can disagree without attacking one another.
That also means that I don't care if you have "freedom of speech" that still doesn't give you the right to degrad or demean someone else. This is supposed to be a safe haven for people to congregate and share their viewpoints, not a place to attack others. Don't we get enough of that in the outside world?
So this is your reminder that respecting one another is an important part of this guild. I don't want to see people calling one another names, I don't want people tossing around the word posser/possour and pretending that they are better than everyone else, because in the end people are supposed to treat one another as equals overall in this guild.
That also means that if someone is new and just starting to learn things, don't be mean and callous towards them just because they are still learning. EVERYONE goes through a period of time in which they are learning, and just starting out in something. I don't appreciate people being horrid and rude to one another just because they don't know things yet.
I suppose it boils down to this: In the begining people were curtious to one another and reminders like this didn't need to be put in place, but as more members have found there way to this guild, more quarrelling seems to have been instigated over various things. I am asking everyone to please set aside their quarrels and instead return to the spirit of this guild, and to make this a more enjoyable place for everyone.
~lurichan~

[This thread has been made a temporary announcement for somewhere between 24-72 hours from now -Dr_Lecter1988]

Edit lurichan: This is an old thread, but being put up as an annoucement once again due to necessity.
Definitly Respect is a great thing (i cant spell today)  

helloxcthulhu

O.G. Bloodsucker

8,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Elite Clubhouse, RP Threads, and Storage

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers