Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ritual Dance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:08 am
Kashaku-Tatsu
I bet that performance was beautiful ^-^ That song will send me into a trance just hearing it with no movement or intent to trance, was a bad choice in text msg ringtones on my phone lol. Do you have a youtube of it you can pm me?

Can't seem to find one. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:15 am
Sometimes? I've danced the fire circle at Four Quarters a few times, which was pretty awesome once I got over my stage-esque fright. Last year I made a mask and danced for Hethert with a spontaneous song and that was really cool. Haven't had a chance to do something like that again yet. I think I fall somewhat short of altered state of awareness, but it's definitely fulfilling.

EDIT: Sophist, I like the idea of trying to recreate ancient Egyptian dance styles. I've wanted to try my hand at making a sistrum but haven't had the opportunity yet.  

TheDisreputableDog

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 am
Sophist

I think sincerity towards my gods and a pursuit of knowledge through academia is about all I can contribute. From there I'll just have to do what I can.
Seems reasonable to me.
3nodding

Kashaku-Tatsu
Belly dancing is a great way to connect with yourself and send you into an altered state.
Hasty Generalization. I can't employ it as such. It's a piss poor form for me.
Quote:

I've always used a combo of gothic tribal fusion belly dancing
Someone mind telling me when the Visigoths took up belly dancing?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:34 am
TeaDidikai

Someone mind telling me when the Visigoths took up belly dancing?

Modern goth aesthetic. Goth Fusion looks really cool, but I prefer smiling.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Kashaku-Tatsu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:00 am
TeaDidikai
Hasty Generalization. (EDIT) based on personal experience since my Jazz classes did nothing for trance when my gothic fusion style classes have.

Rachel Brice or Ariellah Aflalo don't have to smile to be enchantingly beautiful and bring you into the peformance ^-^

http://gothicbellydance.tribe.net/  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:28 am
Kashaku-Tatsu
TeaDidikai
Hasty Generalization. (EDIT) based on personal experience since my Jazz classes did nothing for trance when my gothic fusion style classes have.

Rachel Brice or Ariellah Aflalo don't have to smile to be enchantingly beautiful and bring you into the peformance ^-^

http://gothicbellydance.tribe.net/

Since when does RB do Gothic? Last I heard she's doing the slapdash burlesque fusion with La Serpent Rouge, and the last interview I read had her calling herself just Tribal Fusion.

My friend actually is doing private sessions with Ariellah (Hell, I keep Ariellah on my bookmarks tabs because I love her), and does great gothic work. It's a great style, but I don't like it on me.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Kashaku-Tatsu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:06 am
I havent seen Rachel since her work with indigo, kind of followed Ariellah instead. Idk it's just something about her that's hypnotizing.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Kashaku-Tatsu
I havent seen Rachel since her work with indigo, kind of followed Ariellah instead. Idk it's just something about her that's hypnotizing.

Oh she's still with Indigo -- that's the title of their new show. It looks really neat but I've only seen the youtubes of it.  

maenad nuri
Captain

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:02 pm
I practice ritual dance. Haven't had the opportunity in quite some time. It's one of the reasons I'm hoping to get to Recon III, there's gotta be some danceable music at that.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:40 pm
I was sort of into ecstatic dance before I was ever into pagan spirituality, but I've definitely brought it with me on the journey.

I took a semester of belly at my college, and it did help me reconnect with my body. The focus required makes it a good medium for ecstatic dance for me, but more often I just incorporate the few ill moves I remember into my dancehall style. Note that I only go to hippie clubs, where dancing oneself into an extraordinary state of consciousness is sort of the norm. Dubstep and breackbeat are preferred.

I love the versatility of dance. It can be a primal thing, like fear or sex, that brings out the latent animal, but also a sophisticated performance or tool for meditation. Nothing wakes me up like a drum circle and a bonfire.  

FlySammyJ

Liberal Dabbler

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:08 pm
CuAnnan
I practice ritual dance. Haven't had the opportunity in quite some time. It's one of the reasons I'm hoping to get to Recon III, there's gotta be some danceable music at that.
Friday and Saturday night after the opening and main rituals there is sacred drumming around the fire.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:31 pm
TeaDidikai
CuAnnan
Friday and Saturday night after the opening and main rituals there is sacred drumming around the fire.

*bliss*  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:53 pm
Part of the reason I like to go to powwows with my adoptive family is the drumming and the singing. Sometimes I can't help myself. I'm tempted to pick up some Grass Dancing; it's absolutely beautiful and the movements are some that I'm familiar with.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:11 pm
CuAnnan
TeaDidikai
CuAnnan

*bliss*
It often goes til dawn as well.  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:31 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Sometimes? I've danced the fire circle at Four Quarters a few times, which was pretty awesome once I got over my stage-esque fright. Last year I made a mask and danced for Hethert with a spontaneous song and that was really cool. Haven't had a chance to do something like that again yet. I think I fall somewhat short of altered state of awareness, but it's definitely fulfilling.

Sounds peachy! I have a song I'd love to dance to for Bast, but it's a matter of making my body able to match the movements in my mind.

Quote:
EDIT: Sophist, I like the idea of trying to recreate ancient Egyptian dance styles. I've wanted to try my hand at making a sistrum but haven't had the opportunity yet.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-HpOJudzQls/RmBEt7HkC0I/AAAAAAAAABI/nXTktpiYCQg/s1600-h/Sistrum01.jpg

blaugh I might use zills as a replacement.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff