Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Ukes with wide eyes vs ukes with narrow eyes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wide or Narrow
  Wide
  Narrow
  Both
  I don't care
View Results

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:17 am
Hmm it don't really matter to me unless the eyes are so big that it looks freaky. Depends on the artist and the personality of the uke I think. Either one has its time and place.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:44 pm
I prefer the uke that doesn't seem like a push over/cry baby/pathetic/over emotional/clingy with a secret v****a between 'his' legs. c: Eyes are irrelevant.  

Freiflug

Punching Bag

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:48 am
never really thought or cared about it much before so i guess i like both sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:57 pm
For me it doesnt matter much. As long as it's not too chibi, that gets irritating. The uke's eyes have to be bigger than the seme's of course though XP But all in all, they're eyes, who cares. Eyes show emotion, so they are a necessity(sp?) ^^  

baduhmtiss

Wench

No Gambling in Paradix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:20 am
....Funny how these things always go...

Eh...I think it depends on the situation, like the art style, emotion, personality, etc.

Like, sometimes it fits when they've got large/medium eyes, other times it's better when they're smaller...

A good example is Junjou Romantica. There's an uke with big eyes, as he's pretty innocent ( wink ) and childish. There's also one with smaller eyes, as he's older, more serious, and more cynical. It just depends...yeah sweatdrop I dunno how to explain it.
...where and why, exactly, no one really knows...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:24 pm
In my opinion, wide-eyed uke usually means they're going to whine/ blush/ cry a lot and if they have thin eyes, that usually means that they'er serious/ angry a lot/ and depressed nearly the whole time.

But I also could really care less which they have because as long as the story's amazing and the art is beautiful, it matters not 3nodding  

LazyButler

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:29 am
SuperChanChan
In my opinion, wide-eyed uke usually means they're going to whine/ blush/ cry a lot and if they have thin eyes, that usually means that they'er serious/ angry a lot/ and depressed nearly the whole time.

As stereotypical as that is, you're quite right in some cases.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:35 am
Depends on the drawing and how the seme looks. Though I normally like wide eyes.  

Purple_kibo

Issendai Xanthias

6,900 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:54 am
Omg Its MasterMe
I prefer ukes who don't look girly >_< I hate that..
So I like the narrow eye ukes :3

Lol you mean act like girl or look like girl?
Cuz I dont care how they look...
Looking girly is fine to me, at least they look pretty right?
But acting girly...? They make me shivers.

>:/ Like there is one time I know this Uke gay in the gym. He is like 'Oh you're Uke, we're the same~' then everytime he spot some mascular or hot guy he'll be grabbing or gripping my arm, slap and tap my shoulder squeeling like a fangirl telling me 'ahh he looks hot and handsome'...I hate that Dx I can even see him drooling! Still not letting me go and ask if they one he spot handsome or not. If I say yes...he'll say: 'I know right! Ahh ha ha ha..' Giving me this happy p***y face ~~> (x3) If I say no he will be angry and don't want to talk to me that day o.o"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:53 am
I kinda like the giant cute eyes. I'm the type of person that likes cute, perfectly submissive ukes. But I can live with them not being like that.

69_Go-Go_69

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces