Anti-Twilight, who's with me? >D Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LabTechZ003
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:45 pm
I found it ridiculous that the author felt the need to write the narration in a long, drawn-out manner, clearly attempting to copy the style of Jane Austen novels. This quiet simply comes across as boring and unrealistic if the book is set in modern times and being told by a sixteen year old girl.

I also hated that vampires sparkled. Really, I could think of hundreds of things that could happen to a vampire in sunlight that would make them "freakish" but have more dignity.

I once talked to a girl - who was actually sane about it - and she had told me that most of the book was about Bella trying to discover the secret of Edward and that the movie ruined that. From what I have come to discover through my research, first of all the movie nearly did the same things the book did but without said ridiculous amounts of prose and second of all the book actually says on the back - and I am paraphrasing - "I knew three things: One, that Edward was a vampire. Two, that there was a part of him that wanted to kill me. And three, I was completely in love with him"

Really, if it's supposed to be such a big secret then why put it on the back of the book? That is the first place that new readers look before beginning!

I did find a lovely Twilight parody. Here we are.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:37 pm
I'm with ya there. I hate it.  

Blackgun122

LabTechZ003
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:56 pm
Oh yes, and I just learned that apparently the author intended for the protagonist's science teacher to be in love with her as well! Really, would that not mean she has six men in love with her?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:22 am
Omfg!!!!!I haaaaaaate twilight too!!And now everyone is going 'well,I'm a vampire too!!' I mean wtf?!?!xxxxxxxxxxxx  

Im an irish leprachaun

LabTechZ003
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:47 pm
And there are girls who leave their boyfriends to find a man more like Edward. Really, are they so deluded that they are unable to tell a fictional character from real people?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:50 pm
Please raise your hand if you hate Twilight. *Raises hand*  

PrincessAngelicGoddes

Kngz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:30 pm
yeah Twilight sucks!
i don't get it why was it made?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:53 pm
It was made because the author dreamt it. That really is true.  

LabTechZ003
Captain

Z0MBEARz

Sparkly Bear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:37 pm
OMG I FREAKIN HATE TWILIGHT, my best friend loves it and im like wth how can you like that? She just said how can you not! she annoys me with that book, THEN she got my other friend to like it! im SO SICK OF THAT FREAKIN BOOK AND MOVIE! stare i mean vampires were cool, then twilght got in the picture and ruined it stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:15 am
i agree, twlight SUCKS. i know i spelled it wrong but its not even worth going back to fix rite now bc its soooo...STOOPID XD
harry potter ISSS WAY BETTER! XD
it ruined vampires for me completly  

SilentRain66

4,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

LabTechZ003
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:27 pm
At least there is the comfort that Gaian vampires do not sparkle, so we are ahead on that score.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:59 am
Twilight is a discrace! It is an absolutely horrible move/series! Why should anyone be tortured like that? Its bad enough they made a series of books. But now they are making the movies. What are they thinking!?! When i look at it i think i should go beat up whoever created the series!  

Magikal Maiden

6,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

those indie kids

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:47 am
I really hate it. Its like, did the author have anything else to do? And now everybody's like, "Rawr, I'm a vampire!" It's freakin' annoying! stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:18 am
alone the movie is fine and alone the book is fine but together they are the worst thing out there. i also hate the fact that SOOOOOOOOOOOO many girls out there worship the ground that edword walks on. He is a freaking sparkling dead monster with fangs. what is there to like about him. in real life he is just a big wimp that has normal human problems.  

kokushibyou-_0

Kahani x Kitty

Predestined Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:49 am
Yay. xD You people rock. xP

Haha, whenever I see the Twilight section at Borders, I cringe and walk away fastly(I don't wanna make a scene and run away from it, that'd be too childish of me >D) But then I go to the manga section and then I'm in my own element(sometimes I even pick up a Haruhi manga and sniff it to get the bad fumes of the "you know what" section out of my head...... >_>;; )  
Hell~~Let the hate begin! >=O

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff