Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
2nd Stage of Theme Selection Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess of Tea

Shameless Hoarder

11,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:40 pm
Steampunk - 5
Carnival - 4.8
Mythology - 3.9  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:31 am
Valiae
The main reason for using the scale is to determine a theme that everyone is somewhat happy with. Even people who gave the winning theme a 1 or a 2 had shown that they supported it to some extent, or it wouldn't be on their top 3 list at all. This way, you get to put your opinion in on more than one theme- which wouldn't be possible if there was a vote- and show that you like the theme to some extent. This will prevent us from choosing a theme that some people really love, and others absolutely hate. Instead, it will portray a common interest, which most people won't regard with the extremes of love or hate, but they will accept as the theme and be willing to work on it together.
Hope that clears up some of my reasoning for ya.

coloured to show where parts separate <_< cuz i kinda think its a bit more confusing otherwise.

lol what you said kinda tells me that the scales do the same thing as the the way i was describing without the scales. >_> that or you or i may have been confused by what one of us said.

when i said 1st, 2nd and 3rd vote i ment that they choose 3 themes that they like in the order that they like most(not just voting for 1). so this discludes the ones they favor least/hate and shows that they favor the other 3 at the top to some extent(same as scale voting)
by choose 3 in the order that you like them you get how much they like it (like most=1st, like=2nd, and semi-like=3rd)
then you can just do a simple tally. with each place representing a differnt number.
1st gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2points, and 3rd gets 1

so a vote comes out similar to this (1, 2, and 3 represents place)
theme A:1, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1
theme B:2, 3, 1, 1,
theme C:1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2
theme D:3, 3, 2, 1, 2

then a would win since it has more points
A= 15
B= 9
C= 13
D= 9
it would also be possible for any of the other themes to win with a high like or high semi-like since its a point tally.

if it has a high like-most then its likely a lot of people would like it.
a high amount of like would mean the theme is somewhat-likable and semi-tolerable. while winning by more semi-like means that theres a higher chance of the theme being tolerable to more people.

it also eliminates the factor of people scaling things differently which i kinda find hard to calculate without either having your own personal bias or extreme scaled votes affecting the outcome. since i think you said extreme scaled votes wont outweigh other scaled votes that leaves the question of how the votes would be determined then. the only option i could think of would be for you yourself come in and decide what their scaling would be which would mean your personal bias would affect the outcome, but without your tampering of the scales then the extreme votes would either weigh more or be thrown out. neutral kinda dont think any of those should happen.

lol this bit of info is probly confusing some. cuz i think i confused myself for a bit trying to make it understandable but the process of deciding a theme fairly so all themes have an equal chance is important to me. lol kinda really hoping i explained my thinking clearly cuz my brain is made of cheese and fluffy cotton candy(its been eaten some over the years by people eating my head dramallama ).  

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Valiae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:26 am
stupidpsycho
Valiae
The main reason for using the scale is to determine a theme that everyone is somewhat happy with. Even people who gave the winning theme a 1 or a 2 had shown that they supported it to some extent, or it wouldn't be on their top 3 list at all. This way, you get to put your opinion in on more than one theme- which wouldn't be possible if there was a vote- and show that you like the theme to some extent. This will prevent us from choosing a theme that some people really love, and others absolutely hate. Instead, it will portray a common interest, which most people won't regard with the extremes of love or hate, but they will accept as the theme and be willing to work on it together.
Hope that clears up some of my reasoning for ya.

coloured to show where parts separate <_< cuz i kinda think its a bit more confusing otherwise.

lol what you said kinda tells me that the scales do the same thing as the the way i was describing without the scales. >_> that or you or i may have been confused by what one of us said.

when i said 1st, 2nd and 3rd vote i ment that they choose 3 themes that they like in the order that they like most(not just voting for 1). so this discludes the ones they favor least/hate and shows that they favor the other 3 at the top to some extent(same as scale voting)
by choose 3 in the order that you like them you get how much they like it (like most=1st, like=2nd, and semi-like=3rd)
then you can just do a simple tally. with each place representing a differnt number.
1st gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2points, and 3rd gets 1

so a vote comes out similar to this (1, 2, and 3 represents place)
theme A:1, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1
theme B:2, 3, 1, 1,
theme C:1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2
theme D:3, 3, 2, 1, 2

then a would win since it has more points
A= 15
B= 9
C= 13
D= 9
it would also be possible for any of the other themes to win with a high like or high semi-like since its a point tally.

if it has a high like-most then its likely a lot of people would like it.
a high amount of like would mean the theme is somewhat-likable and semi-tolerable. while winning by more semi-like means that theres a higher chance of the theme being tolerable to more people.

it also eliminates the factor of people scaling things differently which i kinda find hard to calculate without either having your own personal bias or extreme scaled votes affecting the outcome. since i think you said extreme scaled votes wont outweigh other scaled votes that leaves the question of how the votes would be determined then. the only option i could think of would be for you yourself come in and decide what their scaling would be which would mean your personal bias would affect the outcome, but without your tampering of the scales then the extreme votes would either weigh more or be thrown out. neutral kinda dont think any of those should happen.

lol this bit of info is probly confusing some. cuz i think i confused myself for a bit trying to make it understandable but the process of deciding a theme fairly so all themes have an equal chance is important to me. lol kinda really hoping i explained my thinking clearly cuz my brain is made of cheese and fluffy cotton candy(its been eaten some over the years by people eating my head dramallama ).

Of what I understood from that, I think that scaling them 1 to 3 makes more sense... Let me think about this and I will decide whether the voting should be restarted or not.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:15 pm
Mythology-5
Labyrinth-4
Around the World in Eighty Days-3

Semi Aquatic Mammal

Beloved Lunatic

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:52 pm
it probly wont need a revote as long as no one wrote the same rating for any of the 3 they chose.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:23 pm
Mythology- 4.5
Steampunk- 4.5
Celebrations- 4

Li Li Lovling

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:50 pm
Labyrinth - 4.5
Around the World in 80 days - 4
Celebrations - 4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:11 am
Carnival - 5
Celebration - 4.5
Steam punk - 3.5

Kyuzo_Utena

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:37 pm
>>I hate the way you talk to me,
and the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car,
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots
and the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick,
it even makes me rhyme.<<
Theme voting has officially ended! I promise Val or I will let you know the results in a couple days.
I'm actually really excited to find out! rofl
>>I hate the way you're always right,
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh,
even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you're not around,
and the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you,
not even close,
not even a little bit
not even at all.<<

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:26 pm
Carnival : 5
Steampunk : 3.6
Celebrations : 2.7  

Sisterbroken

Winter Bunny

22,525 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Generous 100

d00m wiTch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:54 pm
mythology-4.5

celebrations-4.0

carnival-4.0  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:18 am
Mythology -- 4.5
Celebrations -- 4.5
Around the world in 80 days -- 4  

WTH LMAO

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:40 pm
Mythology-3
Around the World in 80 days-4
Celebrations-5  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:04 pm
>>I hate the way you talk to me,
and the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car,
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots
and the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick,
it even makes me rhyme.<<
Voting already ended!!!
Read the above post! Gosh...
>>I hate the way you're always right,
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh,
even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you're not around,
and the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you,
not even close,
not even a little bit
not even at all.<<

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:08 am
lol guess people want to have their last second say. so they posted anyways in hopes ya may accept it.  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff