Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sin City Streets

Back to Guilds

An adult-oriented (18+) environment set in the trendy heart of "Sin City" Las Vegas!!! 

Tags: 18 and Over, Adult, Las Vegas, Party, Games 

Reply === The Strip ===
WoOoOo HoRRoR? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the current Horror Movies
  some
  YES
  HECKZ NOZ
  meh, it's just a movie
  IDK & IDC
View Results

The Memory of Lystra

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 pm
that would usually be the ones that go first! twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:59 am
Evil Lady Lystra
I think that Hollywierd ran out of originality and is just out for the big bucks. The last decent horror type movies I truly enjoyed was Silent Hill and 28 days later...

I completely agree with you on this! HOLLYWOOD HAS LOST ITS CREATIVITY!!!

Some of the crap they're churning out these days makes me question how they get away with it... sequels to movies that should have never been made, much less have a sequel, and others that are just a complete waste of time & money. Sorry to rant, but I've had a beef with Hollywood for some time now, and you said just what I've been thinking!

And I also agree, Silent Hill was a good movie... I'm amazed that they did so well, being that it was based off of a video game! Just about every other film endeavor based on a video game has been a total flop! The best horror film I ever saw was John Carpenter's "The Thing", from 1982... made you think twice about wanting to meet alien life.

Snake

Venomous Ghost
Captain

PGSM Queen Beryl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:07 pm
i love alien movies! i almost forgot about those!! whee I don't remember the name of this one alien movie but it was a bit funny yet the aliens looked creepy... eek You know the movie? the way to kill them was by music i think, this really old bad music. someone help me here xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:54 pm
I remember watching "The Thing" while I was babysitting. It was on HBO (I can't believe I just aged myself BIGTIME!) I was eating some spaghetti at the time. It ended up on the carpet! rofl  

The Memory of Lystra

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Nephillium

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:27 pm
Nikko Takishima
i love alien movies! i almost forgot about those!! whee I don't remember the name of this one alien movie but it was a bit funny yet the aliens looked creepy... eek You know the movie? the way to kill them was by music i think, this really old bad music. someone help me here xd

Mars Attacks or something like that, I remember that movie, when I was younger it freaked me out, that alien that dressed up as a lady...and well, altogether they were ugly o.o neeeeeeeeeyah  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:03 am
Hopefully " District 9" will live up to the hype as Alien movies go. I'm going to try to go see it this weekend  

The Memory of Lystra

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Kinnei
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:59 am
Probably the best horror film I remember from recent times was called "Fallen." It starred Denzel Washington, John Goodman, and Donald Sutherland. The plot was essentially that a demon had the ability to jump between people's bodies and cause them to commit murders. It was more psychological horror than anything else and it had a twist ending.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:33 pm
Kinnei
Probably the best horror film I remember from recent times was called "Fallen." It starred Denzel Washington, John Goodman, and Donald Sutherland. The plot was essentially that a demon had the ability to jump between people's bodies and cause them to commit murders. It was more psychological horror than anything else and it had a twist ending.

That was a good movie. There was this movie I saw as a teenager that scared the sh** out of me. It was called "the Gates of Hell." Also, the original "Omen" and "The Exorcist" were great  

The Memory of Lystra

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Nephillium

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:31 pm
o.o Omg I love the original Omen, nothing says HOLY SCHEISSE like a demon rotty birthing Damien the son of Lucifer  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:07 am
How about:

"The Wicker Man" (original version) - no, not the Nicholas Cage meets crazy bee cult one. The original is black and white, set in the British Isles, and if you pick up on all the nuances in the first viewing you've got a quicker mind than I did.

"The Blair Witch Project" - yes, I'm one of the unlucky ones who had to wait to see all of this one till I could rent it, because the cinematography gave me motion sickness. However, this is a classic example, to me, of what horror is really about; the fact that what ISN'T shown can be a thousand times more frightening than what is shown because our own minds can conjure up spookier things than Hollywood ever thought of.

"Invasion of the Body Snatchers" - again, go for the original. It's dated, but you will never, never forget Kevin Mccarthy screaming "They're here already! You're next! You're next, You're next...!"  

Kori Al-Djin

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Memory of Lystra

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:33 pm
The Classics are always better  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:03 am
jes, classics are better
but I admit, I didn't like the blair witch project, it didnt interest me, I watched it when I was little...and well...teenagers running around screaming at the top of their lungs with the cameras in their faces isn't scary to me, but then, Im more of a zombie movie person myself  

Nephillium

The Memory of Lystra

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:33 am
I'm a Zombie fan for sure. I also loved some of Stephen King's movies as well...
The Shining(original)
Misery
Creepshow(even though it was more funny than scary)
Pet Semetary
Silver Bullet
Needful things
Children of the Corn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:55 pm
I loved Misery, Pet Semetary, and Children of the Corn, I liked The Shining and Creepshow, but didn't see the others...I did see Cujo/Kujo and thought that was interesting, if I had a kid that had that severe of asthma (if I remember correctly) and a dog with rabbies like that o.o I would freak like the woman did, no if ands or buts  

Nephillium

=== The Strip ===

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces