Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
How young is too yong ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kenduuu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:47 am
Im 13, and I'm starting to wear makeup. Before, i was not alot, just mascara and lip gloss, but I'm starting to put on brown eyeliner with a bit of brown eyeshadow so the eyliner is'nt all 'bam lookit me!'
xD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:20 pm
i think i was 11 when i started wearing makeup , i think i wore the most last year. i'm 13 now and i realized that a lot of makeup isn't necessarily the best looking on me. i still wear makeup, but just a bit of eyeliner and mascara

iSugarTeacups

Fluffy Fairy

Lxia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:16 pm
I don't wear makeup, I never have not sure if I ever will, well there was once but it wasn't by choice.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:35 pm
I actually didn't start wearing make-up until I was seventeen, but I'm atypical. I don't think most kids really need make-up until fifteen or so- but I think it's alright for thirteen year olds to wear a bit- so long as they don't wind up looking like hookers. I saw a kid the other day who was 12-13 and she had ridiculous quantities of bright blue sparkly eyeshadow and bright red lipstick on, and I was like, "Really hon? You're mama must not know you put that on because I can't believe she'd let you out of the house looking like that.  

boyamiconfuzed

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50

lillypad22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:23 pm
I was nearly thirteen when I wore it full time. Even then I only wore light colored eye shadow a really small amount of mascara and some pink lip gloss. I sometimes would wear foundation even when I was like eleven but that was because I had acne and my confindence wasn't so high.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:04 pm
Well, I've been a performer most of my life, so I started out young. When I just wore make-up because I wanted to was about 12-13 and I wore eyeliner, that's it. No foundation (unless for a show), blush, eyeshadow, lipstick, etc. As everyone has said, don't let her go overboard, because that's bad! D:< Just a little of this and that, depending on her style, and that's it.  

JeiMuze

PrincessOfJazz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:19 pm
Kunoichi Aiko
I can tell that your sister wants to wear a lot. She still has very youthful skin and if she applies too much make-up at a tender age like twelve, that will actually affect her skin (in a bad way).
I didn't wear much make-up when I was twelve (only to special occasions) but I still looked very cute.

Tell her to ease it a bit. A little bit of eye shadow,a teensy bit of mascara may be fine, but make sure she avoids putting on a huge slap. Oh, and tell her to avoid the foundation. Foundation is very unnessecary , since it's very likely that she has a good complexion at a young age.

Yes, your sister don't need foundation. Maybe (in my opinion) the most I would let her wear is a bit of lip gloss and possible a bit of eye shadow. But it's totally and completely not needed to use anything more than that. But if other people did it at her age, if I was her age, I could see why I might want to wear makeup...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:21 pm
MistressJadeCloud
Well, I've been a performer most of my life, so I started out young. When I just wore make-up because I wanted to was about 12-13 and I wore eyeliner, that's it. No foundation (unless for a show), blush, eyeshadow, lipstick, etc. As everyone has said, don't let her go overboard, because that's bad! D:< Just a little of this and that, depending on her style, and that's it.

Yeah, a little of this and that is a good thing...a good way of putting it, I mean.  

PrincessOfJazz

IMoonDancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:05 am
I personally don't wear make-up nor do I want to but if she does then let her slowly get into it. I'd say 13 is a relatively good age to start because it's when girls are likely to start experimenting on their own. If you the big sister say no to her request then she'll try to rebel. If you say okay but only a little for now she's likely to be very happy and cooperative with your limitations.

Fact: kids want what they can't have. If you say yes BEFORE they ask then they won't want it so much when they would've asked.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:41 am
I was around 15 when I first got into really.
In my opinion 11 is way too young and she'll just ruin her skin and anyway - she is a kid.
I wouldn't let her do it until she gets older, 11-12 year-olds who wear make-up look like sluts to me.
//Sorry for being harsh.//

Akira Nakamura

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:49 am
I'm in college and I still don't wear make up, well not often, not because I'm not allowed or anything just because I feel it hinders the natural beauty. But, I've been allowed to wear it since I was 13 or 14, I just never did because I never felt it nessicary.

She should wait, she's still young, and make up on a 12 year old will honestly look a little trampy. Sorry if that sounded bad. It's just she should focus on being young instead of growing up!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:03 pm
I started in the spring of seventh grade, so I would have been thirteen. I think depending on the makeup twelve might be a little young, (for eyeliner and stuff), but it's no big deal for cover-up and lip gloss.

I'd say it's up to the person, if she wants to wear makeup than it's her choice.  

Fleur_Seduisant

3,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Contributor 150

xPeaceLoveAndHairMetal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:55 pm
At age twelve. But I din't put on too much, just eyeshadow and lipgloss.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:11 pm
When I was eleven all I wore was some darkish green eyeliner and maybe some pale pink lip stick/lip gloss. I looked really cute. But now it's like freaking emo city.

Lady Calipso

June-iful

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:34 pm
it depends on the face's maturity. for most girls, i'd say your face is ready for regular amounts of make up at about 14-15. just as an average  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff