Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
What other subcultures do you get along with best & worst? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Official Gothic Chick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:59 pm
I get along with the following types of people: nerds, goths, weirdos, and outcasts. I don't get along with those rude, evil, annoying pains known as preps or those that act so annoying you just want to wring their necks!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:03 pm
I mostly spend time with otaku. I actually have a circle of friends now, cosplayers. I never had that before, and certainly not in school. It's really quite exciting. I mean, I had friends, but I don't think I "hung out"... yes, I did that once. But that was someone's graduation party. That was the first time I spent time with my peers out of school.
Yes, I was a lonely child. It's not that I didn't have friends, they just had better things to do than talk to me. All the time.
But enough about my psychological issues!
I suppose "preppy" girls like me well enough, but I never really seem to make lasting connections with any. Perhaps it is because I only really encountered them through school, and once I graduated I haven't encountered many.
Another subculture I haven't really encountered since high school is the "gangstas". I think the fact they were assholes had more to do with them being a group of teenage boys trying to prove to each other they were not weak and less to do with their subculture.
Oddly enough, there's only one or two goths I know who I get along with, and they consider themselves utaku first. Most of the other goths I know I really don't get along with. I mean, they're people. I just happen not to like those ones, despite the fact that I listen to the same music.
I, personally, think scene kids are adorable, and alot of fun to hang out with. I don't get many chances, but occasionally I'll see one in a public place, they will randomly greet me in a friendly fashion, and my day is enhanced. I can't help but compare them to butterflies. I'm not sure if they serve any greater purpose, but they are brightly colored and they make me smile. My friends in school were nerds and or overtaxed honor students. You know the ones. "I must get straight A's in all of my classes, all of which are AP, and I must be in one sport, Destination Imagination, and one other after-school activity of my choice at all times." I tried not take the fact they never had time to hang out with me personally. you can see how well that worked.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:15 am
I get along really well with

Anime Junkies (am one)
Furries (they're so cute sometimes)
Mod
New Age (I am a witch)
Otherkin (like wolves and vamps and stuff)
Queer (being bi, they accept me)
Straight edge (drugs and fags* are bad. what can I say?)

I'm usually alone, but you'll sometimes find me with the above.

*I call cigarettes fags, like in the UK

I don't get along with

Emo (too depressed all the time and too dependent)
Gangsters (they're too into themselves and how much their lives "suck")
Grungies (they're always taking my clothing ideas)
Jocks (it's the sports. hate them)
Preppy (just the girls. they think I'm trying to steal their guys)
Ravers (too much partying. always hungover and stoned)
Skaters (tried. lasted a few days. ended cause I have bad balance)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:08 pm
best
Gothic lolitas
Averages people
Nerds
Jocks
Gamers
some Emo's
Otaku's(anime Fans)

worst

Scene
Ganster
bitches
some emos
teachers pet
Jocks

tisumie

Blessed Entrepreneur

9,525 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Informer 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sulphuric

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:33 pm
I can get along with just about anyone, so long as they have an open mind, aside from the sort of people Wraith Lord mentioned or people who just wanna make fun of me and get away with it because they're my "friends."
Also, what Glenn said, why must we stereotype?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:37 pm
Sulphuric
I can get along with just about anyone, so long as they have an open mind, aside from the sort of people Wraith Lord mentioned or people who just wanna make fun of me and get away with it because they're my "friends."

It's a broad generalization, English short-hand, if you will 3nodding one word that describes and gives alot of information. There is nothing wrong with it, it's just generalizing so we don't have to go into all the details.  

Angel of the End

Sulphuric

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:25 pm
Angel of the End
Sulphuric

It's a broad generalization, English short-hand, if you will 3nodding one word that describes and gives alot of information. There is nothing wrong with it, it's just generalizing so we don't have to go into all the details.

What I meant was not quite like that. Labels are okay... stereotypes aren't. Ex: I have no problem with people calling themselves goth, punk, etc. but that doesn't mean we should make generalizations about all with said label.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:03 pm
Sulphuric
Angel of the End
Sulphuric

What I meant was not quite like that. Labels are okay... stereotypes aren't. Ex: I have no problem with people calling themselves goth, punk, etc. but that doesn't mean we should make generalizations about all with said label.

I agree with that, infact, in another guild, I just posted about how wrong generalizations are. But also, kinda like you said, I don't think you should really call somone something unless they call themselves that, or unless you have been so kind to ask first.  

Angel of the End

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:17 pm
Honestly, I don't pay attention to others' subcultures because I honestly don't care. So long as I can get along with them, I try to judge not by subculture or aesthetic tastes.

Though for the sake of argument, I find myself getting along with gamer guys, preppy girls, and "geeks" of either sex.

Though I don't really hate anyone, I find a lot of "gangstas", and scene/emo people hating me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:48 pm
To be honest I get on with everyone who isn't afraid to have a laugh at their own expense.

This includes everyone from the garden variety punk all the way to the street corner chav.

I tend not to judge based on archetypes, I once met a gothic fantasy artist, with a backwards cap, football shirt, designer jeans, nike trainers and a ******** ton of bling. He was listening to Kanye West, which then shuffled to Black Sabbath.

Moral of the story, judge not lest ye be judged a douchebag.

Hmmmm interesting to note, but none of you have put how you get on with the metal community.  

Rellik San
Crew

SADERR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:11 pm
Rellik San

Hmmmm interesting to note, but none of you have put how you get on with the metal community.

Hm. For the most part I get along with them. I love going to our local metal show if I have the money on me (it's only like, $5, but I'm always broke).
I just don't like the druggy type metalheads. I don't tend to hang out with people who do drugs.I get along with them well enough, but I don't hand out with users simply for my own personal health.
And not to categorize by race or anything, but I've met a few black metalheads and they always are so much fun to hang around with. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:18 am
Jonathonn
Rellik San

Hm. For the most part I get along with them. I love going to our local metal show if I have the money on me (it's only like, $5, but I'm always broke).
I just don't like the druggy type metalheads. I don't tend to hang out with people who do drugs.I get along with them well enough, but I don't hand out with users simply for my own personal health.
And not to categorize by race or anything, but I've met a few black metalheads and they always are so much fun to hang around with. biggrin

*looks at asthma medication*
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

In all seriousness, you know hanging round with 90% of drug users, will result in the following, you'll be offered, you'll decline, they'll say fair enough and if you ever change your mind and want to experiment let them know they'll make sure you're ok.

At least in my experiences anyway.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:03 pm
Rellik San
Jonathonn
Rellik San

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

In all seriousness, you know hanging round with 90% of drug users, will result in the following, you'll be offered, you'll decline, they'll say fair enough and if you ever change your mind and want to experiment let them know they'll make sure you're ok.

That's pretty much it, I don't know why people make it out to be such a big deal. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:06 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
Jonathonn
Rellik San

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

That's pretty much it, I don't know why people make it out to be such a big deal. *shrug*

Junkie liars.

In all actuality, if you hang out with drug users and decline to do drugs as well, they will inject heroin right into your eyeballs.
And when you try to catch them, to make them pay for their crimes, they disappear into a cloud of pure cocaine.
It's true.

...But you would know that, wouldn't you.  

Tactical Wombat

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:25 am
Jonathonn
Angel of the End
XWraith_LordX
Ythan Il
How high school can you guys possibly get?
Well, it seems a lot of the (active) guild is in high school, or below, so if I were you I wouldn't set your expectations too high.

I mean, just look at who this website is targeting...

At my highschool, because we have focuses of art, science, and law... well, we don't have many jerks. There is only one I can think of, this annoying scene/skater sophmore dude with an attitude issue at times... but even then, he rarely actually goes out of his way to do something off-the-wall.

Yeah. My highschool is a school of the arts. Visual Arts/Drama/Dance/Vocals/Insturments/Writing. So we tend to have a lot of really nice people too. And all those people who are rude and come into the school realize that it's pointless, because, different from the usual, we outnumber them. So mostly all those who aren't as open minded just keep to themselves.

Why did I not go to highschool like yours???? My highschool was hell.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff