Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
Quest Relief August (New rules as of September 4th). Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boys and Girls of every age.
  Wouldn't you like to see something strange.
  Come with us and you will see.
  This our town of Halloween.
View Results

mufftigg

Enduring Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:17 pm
Not posting here to do anything but this:

*bows to Lance* You have got to be one of the most generous and kind people I have ever met. May you set an example that many people will be proud to follow, and I wish you much luck with anything you take on in the future. I am glad and honored to call you a friend.

Okay, cheesy crap is done for now. But seriously, you're awesome for doing this.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:23 pm
Mordacia
Wonder if I deserve to ask for anything yet... sweatdrop Anyway! lol *looks at wishlist* I wanted to save for a couple (more like several) items... and am mainly trying to get Azrael's Shadowgear (looks so cool and shadowy! whee ), the Lyndexer's Journal (good ole times? 3nodding ) and the cute Angelic Manner or Demonic Style (those faces pwds!) heart Well, why I might deserve your kidness? ninja I try to be fun and to be active and...? Dunno sweatdrop Anyway, thank you! After all you were the one who sent me here eheh whee

As an experienced marketer. I wouldn't try buying the Demonic Style Face or the Angelic Manner item just yet. It's one of those items that is rapidly loosing its value. I might just be able to help you with the other items though.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

The_Last_Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:57 pm
@mufftig: it really wasn't that cheesy. Lance has been helping people for as long as I can remember. That's what this guild is about, and Lance takes its meaning to heart. He's truly an outstandingmember, and members like him make me want to continue being as active as possible on gaia. they're really what this site is based on. they show kindness beyond what is asked for or expected...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:23 pm
LanceCalvis
Mordacia
Wonder if I deserve to ask for anything yet... sweatdrop Anyway! lol *looks at wishlist* I wanted to save for a couple (more like several) items... and am mainly trying to get Azrael's Shadowgear (looks so cool and shadowy! whee ), the Lyndexer's Journal (good ole times? 3nodding ) and the cute Angelic Manner or Demonic Style (those faces pwds!) heart Well, why I might deserve your kidness? ninja I try to be fun and to be active and...? Dunno sweatdrop Anyway, thank you! After all you were the one who sent me here eheh whee

As an experienced marketer. I wouldn't try buying the Demonic Style Face or the Angelic Manner item just yet. It's one of those items that is rapidly loosing its value. I might just be able to help you with the other items though.

Oh really? It would be awesome if they dropped! I am a newbie in the market. I never guess right which will raise which drop... sweatdrop Thanks! heart  

Mordacia

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:01 pm
Mordacia
LanceCalvis
Mordacia

Oh really? It would be awesome if they dropped! I am a newbie in the market. I never guess right which will raise which drop... sweatdrop Thanks! heart

A good rule of thumb. Is, all Cash Shop item that are introduced. Will be placed on the market for a set price. Evolving items are almost always placed at one price. Then rise slowly after that. Though, all items from the Cash Shop. Come into the market with a non set price. No one has really determined what a solid selling price is for the item. So its best to just not buy and watch the market. It will eventually stabilize at a price. Once it stops jumping around a bunch.

I wouldn't worry about being a beginner on the market. I originally started getting serious with gaining gold. Fishing for profit and playing Blackjack for tickets. Here are a few rules of thumb that I've been using for general vending:

1. Go to Markplace, then scroll down on the tab that says Marketplace. Select All Listings from the list. Then you will see another bunch of options. Hit the one that says Just Added and hit Go.

2. You will see a list of the items that were most recently added to the marketplace. Usually as soon as in the last second in most cases. Scroll down on the list of items you see. When you see an item you want to buy. Click on the name of the item. This will bring you to a screen that has all of this items listings. You will see a few numbers that say Lowest Buy Price and Average Buy Price. Ignore the one that says Lowest. This tab is broken at the moment. If you see an item at a decent amount below the average value. Buy the item and reprice it on the marketplace for its actual value. Rinse and repeat to make profit on the market.

There are some items you want to stay away from though. If you see a large percentage next to the average price on an item. This should send up a red flag. This means that the item has recently decreased in value and will most likely be difficult to sell. So if you see this, don't buy the item and move onto another item. Always view the most recently added page to find the best deals. Once you are more comfortable with the market. You can learn some more advanced tricks. But it is always best to play it safe when starting out. Also, remember that every item you sell on the marketplace. Has a two percent tax that will not make it to your account. So if you sell an item for 800 gold for instance. You will receive 784 gold. Though, you won't have to do this mental math in your head at each sale. I only advise doing this for more expensive buys as it will just slow you down.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:09 pm
Oh neat, didn't know you can do that (that sort by newest thingy)! heart Thank you! I will try doing it as you say *hugs* whee

Edit - double post is ebil

OMG OMG OMG *faints* ... like OMG! heart heart Thank you thank you!! *jumps around like a bunny* whee heart  

Mordacia

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:27 pm
I'm still looking for more people to donate to. I plan to honor my original plan for this thread. Even though there hasn't been enough activity to effectively pick another winner. I WILL be donating to someone for every day of August. Even though the month has already passed. If you want to increase your chances of me choosing you. Just make sure to post regularly in this guild.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:42 pm
Many, many thanks, Lance. ^^

*does a happy dance*

*really can't dance*

sweatdrop  

mufftigg

Enduring Citizen

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:14 pm
Anyone that wants to win in this contest. Need only post anywhere in this guild. Anyone can wins. So if I see you have been really active lately. I might just pick you. Winners will receive a substantial reward.

I've already given out over 1.5 Million gold. To winners of this contest. There are still over 20 people that can win this contest. So continue to be active to increase your chances to win.

Anyone that sends me a pm or comment asking to win. Or for me to donate to them. Will be added to the banlist on this contest.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff