Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Garth Nix Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Janviarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:58 pm
he's an awsome writer! i've read the seventh tower series and the first 2 books of the keys to the kindom series. i hope i can get the rest soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:40 pm
I've read:

Seventh Tower series

Abhorsen Trilogy

Shade's Children

Ragwitch---- Very good, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

Mister Monday and Grim Tuesday, I actually didn't really get into these, that's why I haven't read the others yet, I probably will eventually though.

But yeah, I love Garth Nix, he's one of my favorite authors. I highly recommend his books!  

X_Dark _Princess_X

saxarat

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:37 pm
Sabriel was by far his best book. i havent gotten to the seventh tower books, but he ruined Lirael & AAbhorson, i wanted more Sabriel and Touchstone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also the keys to the kingdom were good... cant wait for Lady Friday.  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:40 pm
I loved Shades Children. I also like Keys to the Kingdom, but I couldent get into the Abhorsen trilogy for some reason.  

riot-panic-riot

dragonfire_kaen

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:38 pm
I loved the Abhorsen Trilogy, I guess partly because I identified so well with Lirael's character. The Keys to the Kingdom are also great, if a bit grotesque (the one thing I dislike about his books).

I'm not sure what it was about Ragwitch, but I never really got into it as much as the Abhorsen Trilogy. I think Julia and Paul weren't as distinct and well-developed characters as in his other books. They're just average kids doing what they had to do, and didn't seem to show any interesting character traits, at least to me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:17 am
YES!!!!! I finally got the 4th book in hte sewries HOOORAY!!!!!!!!
gonna start reading sir thursday tonite!!! blaugh  

ittle_Vash_in_da_world

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:54 am
I've only read the Abhorsen trilogy and Mister Monday but they're good so far. I think my favourite books by him are probably Lirael and Mister Monday. I find Lirael more interesting as a character than Sabriel for some reason  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:08 pm
Never read the Keys series but I'm definately a big fan of the Abhorsen triology. I finally got all the books for christmas so I get to read them as often as I want.  

VirmarIanosian

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:08 pm
hey i liked the abhorsen trilogy^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:21 pm
Merlinssister
I find Lirael more interesting as a character than Sabriel for some reason

I liked Lirael better too. Mostly because I could identify with her more...  

Hiitachin Kaoru

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:39 pm
I liked the whole thing although i must say i find that Sabriels man foaming at the mouth was a little disturbing sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:25 pm
ittle_Vash_in_da_world
YES!!!!! I finally got the 4th book in hte sewries HOOORAY!!!!!!!!
gonna start reading sir thursday tonite!!! blaugh

I'm so amazingly jealous! I'm ordering it through amazon tonight though. *happy dance!* Typing of Keys to the Kingdom, I think Drowned Wednesday is my favorite volume so far. What I like about that series is that it's amazingly bizarre, but still manages to make me obsess over it for some reason.

I've read Shade's Children since my last post; it was really strange but I liked it.  

doodlebuggey88

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:39 am
i must say this though its tottally off topic... lauray-chan i totally love your sig
(ie...billy boyd in a kilt)
as for the wierdness...the abhorsen trilogy didnt seem to be particularly strange just because being in the fantasy genre lets you get away with alot  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:09 am
I've just read Grim Tuesday and hope to find Drowned Wednesday soon. I like where this series is going because it has so much dark imagery in it and random things which seem to not be connected to the rest of the story (like when Arthur is at the bottom of the pit) but will probably lead to more interesting things in the future. Plus I like the fact that Arthur isn't the most enthusiastic hero, he just wants to get home as soon as he can, and moans about what he has to do. By the way, does anyone know where Arthur is supposed to live in this world? Which country I mean.  

Merlinssister

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:46 am
by the way what is shades children about...*do not have access to a library right now  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff