Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dianic Witchcraft? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nattfodd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:01 pm
Musical_Vampire_Socks
I was just rambling anyway I will believe what I want to believe even if you think its wrong and you believe what you believe. lol

There's a difference between thinking something is wrong, and knowing it's wrong because of academic research. Guess what category we're in?

What you are participating in is willful ignorance, and intellectual dishonesty, at this point. The FAQ is written in a scholarly manner and has proper claim for all of it's sources. Could you write a FAQ with your belief about Wicca, and have it not be ripped to shreds over the years with academic challenges?

Trust me, staying in one reality tunnel all of your life and refusing to believe the truths of the world isn't going to get you very far.

On the subject of Dianic Witchcraft -- did the Dianics officially renounce the name Dianic Wicca? I recall at least one tradition formally doing this, but I can't remember exactly which one.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:04 pm
Most dianics recant the title Wicca on intellectual integrity grounds.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:42 pm
Musical_Vampire_Socks
I was just rambling anyway I will believe what I want to believe even if you think its wrong and you believe what you believe. lol
So, I can believe that humans are made up of Jello? Can I believe that Jellybeans are a form of American currency?

Listen, there's difference of belief, then there's division between belief and reality.

If we were debating how many gods there were, or how magic works, there'd be a lot of wiggle room, and ending the debate with "let's agree to disagree" would be a good ending.

However, if you tell me you think the sky is orange, and I tell you it's blue, one of us is right, and the other is wrong.

Part of being a responsible pagan and not a fluffy is realizing when you've been proven wrong, and then accepting it.

Clinging to beliefs that disagree with reality in the face of evidence is the definition of fluffyism.

Luckily, that's why you're here, hopefully. To learn, grow, and leave behind certain bad habits, like mischaracterising a religion for your own personal ends, and then refusing to correct your view when shown incorrect. It smacks of a large amount of disrespect for Wicca, Wiccans, Gerald Gardner, and any and all who do respect the aforementioned people/groups.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:18 pm
Gho the Girl
Can I believe that Jellybeans are a form of American currency?

All hail the mighty JellyBelly
3nodding .  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Lance Kibagari

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:49 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Gho the Girl
Can I believe that Jellybeans are a form of American currency?

All hail the mighty JellyBelly
3nodding .

Those must be the 100 dollar bills of the jellybean world.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:36 pm
Musical_Vampire_Socks
And this is what makes you a fluffy. Ignoring objective reality because it doesn't suit you.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand:
There was a highly ritualized formal school of Dianic Witchcraft that initially stemmed from one of Gardner's traditions.

There are also forms of Dianic Witchcraft that did not stem from Gardner.
Further- there are restorationist Dianic Wiccans who, having obtained legit lineage fell away from practice for decades, only to rekindle their practice within the bounds of what is Wica, though to my knowledge this is only one coven in a very specific area of the world who seem to be reevaluating their tradition through a political filter.

What can I say- politics suck.

Anyway- to answer the question:
Most of these traditions are Dianic Witchcraft by proper title.
All of the Dianic Witchcraft groups I am familiar with have some secrets or mysteries, but that is not to say they have the same secrets or mysteries or that we would even recognize them as such if we actually learned of them. ~shrugs~

My question to you would be this:
How much Leland can you stomach?  

TeaDidikai

Alice Morbid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:58 pm
TeaDidikai

I'm sorry. But, what do you mean? (thank you for replying ^^) Not sure what Leland is..  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:46 am
Succubus Sovereign
TeaDidikai

I'm sorry. But, what do you mean? (thank you for replying ^^) Not sure what Leland is..

More of who Leland is. He was an author about a hundred years ago. Some of his stuff is shite. Some of it became a foundation for modern Neo-paganism.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces