Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Draconic Ritual Q&A ^.=.^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lance Kibagari

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:26 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Dori-Ryuu
there are multiple spellings and all of them have always been described as a differentiating point. magick is commonly used in mostly all US descriptions, majik and majyk is common amongst the middle east, magik is also another spelling. Regardless, its not THAT big of a deal.

Commonly used =|= correctly used.

Quote:
If i can find that post in the 10min ive been here, im sure with a little looking you can find it as well.

Awww! Someone who knows how to use the "Search posts by user" function!

Quote:
but regardless, i can see you are all a bunch of children with nothing better to do with their lives then rip apart something small. call me 17? lmao ok. ill let you think that.

Oh yes. I'm such a child. I've just gotten off the teat, don'tcha know.
rolleyes .
So, rather than provide solid backing for your faith and your beliefs, you dismiss us all as children? Oh wow. I can TOTALLY see who the mature adult is here. Yup.

Quote:
-shrugs- guess that is neither here nor there either. oh well, doesnt matter, guess im out of this forum, ill let you continue your mediocre lives of secluded ignorance.

I'M CHOKING ON THE IRONY
CHOKECHOKECHOKE.
None of us need to pretend that dragons give a s**t about us enough to help us with magic, so who's life is mediocre again? Oh, right. Yours.
Quote:
i dont need to prove anything to anyone.

Aw, did you get lost on your way to the Chatterbox? It's okay.
Quote:
this thread will def. be copied and posted on the other pagan sites my wife and i belong to and we can continue to feel the humor. byeas =)

I'm sorry, didn't you say something earlier about US behaving mediocre lives and acting like children? Hmm...

OH GODS CHOKING AGAIN THE IRONY IS TOO MUCH TO SWALLOW

Vi, have I ever told you how much I love your talent for biting sarcasm and wit?

heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:26 am
Lance Kisgyr
Violet Song jat Shariff
Dori-Ryuu
there are multiple spellings and all of them have always been described as a differentiating point. magick is commonly used in mostly all US descriptions, majik and majyk is common amongst the middle east, magik is also another spelling. Regardless, its not THAT big of a deal.

Commonly used =|= correctly used.

Quote:
If i can find that post in the 10min ive been here, im sure with a little looking you can find it as well.

Awww! Someone who knows how to use the "Search posts by user" function!

Quote:
but regardless, i can see you are all a bunch of children with nothing better to do with their lives then rip apart something small. call me 17? lmao ok. ill let you think that.

Oh yes. I'm such a child. I've just gotten off the teat, don'tcha know.
rolleyes .
So, rather than provide solid backing for your faith and your beliefs, you dismiss us all as children? Oh wow. I can TOTALLY see who the mature adult is here. Yup.

Quote:
-shrugs- guess that is neither here nor there either. oh well, doesnt matter, guess im out of this forum, ill let you continue your mediocre lives of secluded ignorance.

I'M CHOKING ON THE IRONY
CHOKECHOKECHOKE.
None of us need to pretend that dragons give a s**t about us enough to help us with magic, so who's life is mediocre again? Oh, right. Yours.
Quote:

Aw, did you get lost on your way to the Chatterbox? It's okay.
Quote:
this thread will def. be copied and posted on the other pagan sites my wife and i belong to and we can continue to feel the humor. byeas =)

I'm sorry, didn't you say something earlier about US behaving mediocre lives and acting like children? Hmm...

OH GODS CHOKING AGAIN THE IRONY IS TOO MUCH TO SWALLOW

Vi, have I ever told you how much I love your talent for biting sarcasm and wit?

heart

wink .
*squish*  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:29 am
Lance Kisgyr
Dori-Ryuu
call me 17? lmao ok. ill let you think that.

Says on your mocospace that you're 22. You've been into draconian magick since you were 5?

as a matter of fact, i was about 5 or 6 when my grandfather began teaching me. mostly stories and attending rituals.

And yes i did read it, and on the headline it states, RESPECTFUL. heh, not much of that going around huh?

And to be completely blunt, i got a bit sidetracked, i dont even use magick as any term or the like. i actually never speak of my practice as magick, because i feel that is a wiccan thing. i prefer to refer to it as a religious path, or a ritualistic belief. I only describe it as magick if i am speaking to an open group i dont know, because as i said, despite what people here in this little group may want to think in their little boxes. a great deal of the pagan community uses the term magick.

And speaking with my wife just a minute ago as we were switching shifts, it made me realize something. You are all speaking as if crowley CREATED the word magick in use with a practice. Well i hate to break it to you, but crowley did NOT come up with the word magick. If he (as well as you all) prefer to spell it a certain way, then do it. But that doesnt make it correct or wrong. Again i dont even know why im arguing about this because as i stated, i dont even use the word magick unless i am describing it to others who dont know me or my practice.

.........................How in the hell btw, did you get my mocospace? just assume it was the same name?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:34 am
lol as for the pretending dragons give a s**t comment.

Who says any deity or astral being gives a s**t about anyone? i believe what i believe, that is good enough for me. And if someone wants to know the background of my practice, i have more then enough information on that, and when someone is nice enough to not be a stuck up prude about it, i may just tell them =)  

X C L S I O R

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:35 am
Dori-Ryuu

And yes i did read it, and on the headline it states, RESPECTFUL. heh, not much of that going around huh?

I was referring more to the part that said:
Quote:
The Rehab Center is a place for Pagans of all kinds to gather and talk things out, discuss and yes, we argue and challenge assumptions.

But I understand some people are acrused with selective reading.
Tell me, why do you demand we respect you, but feel it's okay to make horridly erroneous assumptions about Tea's faith and then call her a name over it? Why do you feel you and your opinions deserve respect after that?
Quote:
And to be completely blunt, i got a bit sidetracked, i dont even use magick as any term or the like. i actually never speak of my practice as magick, because i feel that is a wiccan thing. i prefer to refer to it as a religious path, or a ritualistic belief. I only describe it as magick if i am speaking to an open group i dont know, because as i said, despite what people here in this little group may want to think in their little boxes. a great deal of the pagan community uses the term magick.

Yea. A lot of people use it. We understand.
You don't don't seem to understand however, that just because a lot of people do it, doesn't make it right.

Quote:
And speaking with my wife just a minute ago as we were switching shifts, it made me realize something. You are all speaking as if crowley CREATED the word magick in use with a practice. Well i hate to break it to you, but crowley did NOT come up with the word magick. If he (as well as you all) prefer to spell it a certain way, then do it. But that doesnt make it correct or wrong. Again i dont even know why im arguing about this because as i stated, i dont even use the word magick unless i am describing it to others who dont know me or my practice.

Yea, he did actually. The addition of the "k" on the end deals with the numerology in Thelema.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:46 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Dori-Ryuu

I was referring more to the part that said:
Quote:
The Rehab Center is a place for Pagans of all kinds to gather and talk things out, discuss and yes, we argue and challenge assumptions.

But I understand some people are acrused with selective reading.
Tell me, why do you demand we respect you, but feel it's okay to make horridly erroneous assumptions about Tea's faith and then call her a name over it? Why do you feel you and your opinions deserve respect after that?
Quote:

Yea. A lot of people use it. We understand.
You don't don't seem to understand however, that just because a lot of people do it, doesn't make it right.

Quote:

Yea, he did actually. The addition of the "k" on the end deals with the numerology in Thelema.

well golly gee, im sorry for getting defensive after someone outright disrespects me over something as trivial as a word spelling that could go any which way. And i never demanded respect. nor did i even ASK for respect. But regardless, people should have a common respect for each other, and not outright disrespect and insult those when you have no idea who they are or what they are about.

Now so i can get this right, you are saying crowley added the K in MAGICK and not another variance on the word?  

X C L S I O R

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:48 am
Dori-Ryuu
For one, the term magick with a K isnt commonly used as a "thelemic spelling"

Yes. Yes it is.
In fact, it's pretty much the only spelling the thelemites use.
Crowley liked it better. That's why he coined it.
So it would fit his magic squares better.

Dori-Ryuu
nor was i using it in that sense. it is used as a differentiating term between parlor magic and religious practice.

Context does that well enough.

Dori-Ryuu
two, i stated the origin of my tradition above

Where?
I read your post and, like Tea, I did not see any such declaration.

Dori-Ryuu
please read before making your decision to write half whit comments

Half-wit.
Not half whit.
Half whit means half of very little.
As in, "I don't give one whit about how entitled you feel, start supporting your statements".

Dori-Ryuu
mr. i love jesus. kthnx

Firstly, I resent that you're using that term as an insult.
There's a lot to love about Jesus. He's got a great sense of humour, he's incredibly charitable and he's a really nice guy.
Seconly, don't use insults here.
This is a place of learning and if you can't take being challenged because your posts sound incredibly fluffy, then you had best look deep inside yourself and find out why being challenged reduced you to a gibbering idiot.

Dori-Ryuu
the majority of the pagan community refer to it as magick as a differentiating point.

Firstly, there's no such thing as the pagan community.
Secondly, the majority of pagans do not use magick.
Thirdly, and even if they did and even if that wasn't an appeal to numbers, it's still a misspelling.
Magick refers to the practices of thelema.
Magic refers to everything magical, including magic.

Dori-Ryuu
Grab a dictionary its spelled whit when referring to someone intelligence.

I did.
It's spell wit.

Dori-Ryuu
majik and majyk is common amongst the middle east

I'm curious as to why you think the word magic is used in the middle east at all.

Dori-Ryuu
but regardless, i can see you are all a bunch of children with nothing better to do with their lives then rip apart something small.

Actually, it's the attitude that you display that deserves ripping apart.
You seem to think we should accept you as a grand master of dragonic magic when, quite frankly, you lack the patience to discuss matters with we mere mortals, leaving open the question: if you really commune with dragons, why aren't you a smoldering heap of slag on the floor.
Dragons were at one point in time a large part of my magical practice, as opposed to my religious one. They were always slow to understand because of the difference in how they measure time. Much like trees. If you display with them as little patience as you did with in-earnest questions, I fail to see why you're not a gibbering wreck.
Oh... wait... I read your post again.... you are.

Dori-Ryuu
call me 17? lmao ok. ill let you think that.

This is the internet. All we have to judge you on is your actions.
And calling you 17 would be charitable.
I was a lot more developped a person at 17 than the person we are seeing here.
Perhaps you need to try again.
Perhaps all the blame here lies with you and not with everybody else.
Perhaps you really do have a horse's head.

Dori-Ryuu
ill let you continue your mediocre lives of secluded ignorance.

Urm... you're the only person other than me making personal comments here.
And there are many things one can accuse me of, but ignorance isn't one of them.

Dori-Ryuu
so wound up over nothing, a spelling that can go multiple ways?

Again, no. It has nothing to do with the spelling. It has to do with your reaction to being questioned.

Dori-Ryuu

Of course not. We should just take you at your gospel word, not even considering the concept that you might be a parasite looking for herd to feed on by creating "grand magickal lodges of dragonic magic power".
Seriously. You look, smell and act like a parasite.

Dori-Ryuu

So you're an oathbreaker to boot.
Why am I not surprised.

Dori-Ryuu
as a matter of fact, i was about 5 or 6 when my grandfather began teaching me.

I was four when my father started teaching me.
That gives me 23 years experience.
That does not a grand master make me.
I am still a student.
The difference between you and I is I at least know the meaning of the word "humility" and know how and where to display it.

Dori-Ryuu

From everyone but you and I? Yes. They have all been pretty respectful.
You have earned nothing but demand so much.
Again, I cannot see someone like you lasting with the dragons.
Perhaps the dragons you know are far more patient than the ones I know.
Perhaps I should renew ties with the ones I know just so I can send them your way?

Dori-Ryuu
because i feel that is a wiccan thing.

I would ask, in deference to Oaths I entered freely, that you refrain from speaking about Wicca, as you are clearly ignorant about it.

Dori-Ryuu
I only describe it as magick if i am speaking to an open group i dont know, because as i said, despite what people here in this little group may want to think in their little boxes.

You haven't earned the right to be condescending or patronising yet.
You have made yourself look like a fluffy bunny, seriously.

Dori-Ryuu
a great deal of the pagan community uses the term magick.

A great deal of the pagan community also believe that Wicca is open source.
A great deal of the pagan community also believe that Witta is the name of the old Irish religion.
A great deal of the pagan community also believe that the Three Fold Rule applies to everyone.
A great deal of the pagan community also believe that Karma is a cosmic justice system balancing every act we do.
Guess what all of the above statements, including yours, have in common?
They're all 100% wrong.

Dori-Ryuu
And speaking with my wife just a minute ago as we were switching shifts, it made me realize something. You are all speaking as if crowley CREATED the word magick in use with a practice. Well i hate to break it to you, but crowley did NOT come up with the word magick.

Got a source which predates him?

Dori-Ryuu
i dont even know why im arguing about this

Because you have the pathological need to have the last word.

Dori-Ryuu
How in the hell btw, did you get my mocospace? just assume it was the same name?

Probably stuck your user name into google.
I know it's what I did.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 am
Dori-Ryuu

well golly gee, im sorry for getting defensive after someone outright disrespects me over something as trivial as a word spelling that could go any which way.

Tea was not disrespecting you. She was asking a valid question as to why you used a term specific to a different CM practice to your own practices. The spelling ISN'T trivial when it takes the subject matter from a broader range of topics to a very narrow, specific one. Sort of like "god" vs. "God"
Quote:
And i never demanded respect. nor did i even ASK for respect. But regardless, people should have a common respect for each other, and not outright disrespect and insult those when you have no idea who they are or what they are about.

Common respect? For what? I respect things that actually deserve it. Makes the respect worth more in the long run.

If you felt you were disrespected by me (I can't speak for anyone else), then you have only to look at yourself for the reason.

Quote:
Now so i can get this right, you are saying crowley added the K in MAGICK and not another variance on the word?

Correct. It gives the word 6 letters rather than 5. I'm unsure about the details of it since CM isn't my thing. Nattfod though knows a good bit about it and can fill in the information about it.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:55 am
actually, i was just proven wrong, but so is those saying im wrong on the word spelling and use as magick being being only from thelema

Direct quote no changing in spelling

The Encyclopedia of the Occult
John Michael Greer

MAGICK Obsolete spelling of the world "magic" adopted by Aleister Crowley "to distinguish the science of the magi from its counterfeits"(Crowley 1980, p.53). Since Crowley's time it has been used by numerous magicians, writers, and groups, some with connections to Crowley's magical and religious system of Thelema, some without. The adjective "magickal" and the noun "Magickian" have also seen use in recent years, although neither term has an actual pedigree as an English word. Similar motives to Crowley's have generated several other attempted respellings of the word including "magik","Majick", and "majik". Fortunately for the language, none of these have caught on  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:57 am
Dori-Ryuu
John Michael Greer

Given how we know JMG isn't that big into intellectual honesty, we can't really accept your relying on him.
He's a renowned culture rapist.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:59 am
For the final time.
From whence comes your tradition?  
Dori-Ryuu
actually, i was just proven wrong, but so is those saying im wrong on the word spelling and use as magick being being only from thelema

Direct quote no changing in spelling

The Encyclopedia of the Occult
John Michael Greer

MAGICK Obsolete spelling of the world "magic" adopted by Aleister Crowley "to distinguish the science of the magi from its counterfeits"(Crowley 1980, p.53). Since Crowley's time it has been used by numerous magicians, writers, and groups, some with connections to Crowley's magical and religious system of Thelema, some without. The adjective "magickal" and the noun "Magickian" have also seen use in recent years, although neither term has an actual pedigree as an English word. Similar motives to Crowley's have generated several other attempted respellings of the word including "magik","Majick", and "majik". Fortunately for the language, none of these have caught on

You still don't seem to understand this whole concept of just because a lot of people do it, doesn't make it right.
A s**t-ton of people could suddenly start declaring that Christians actually worship Shinto kami. However, it doesn't make those people right in their claim, nor does it change the theology of Christianity.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Calixti

CuAnnan
Dori-Ryuu
John Michael Greer

Given how we know JMG isn't that big into intellectual honesty, we can't really accept your relying on him.
Just googled that name 'cause I remembered seeing a few of his books at the library.

...yeah, the very first sentence of the Wiki page let me know he's one to avoid.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:00 am
Calixti
CuAnnan
Dori-Ryuu
John Michael Greer

Just googled that name 'cause I remembered seeing a few of his books at the library.

...yeah, the very first sentence of the Wiki page let me know he's one to avoid.

Someone bought me one of his books once.
They thought they were being nice.
I don't think I kept it.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Calixti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:06 am
CuAnnan
Calixti
CuAnnan
Dori-Ryuu
John Michael Greer

Someone bought me one of his books once.
They thought they were being nice.
I don't think I kept it.

I'm lucky, my friends and family just get me gift cards if they want to give me books. Between that and my habit of doing research on my research, I manage to avoid a lot of crap. sweatdrop  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff