Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
Who Is Your Favorite Character? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:46 pm
Oooh... you have an interesting point with the Cheshire Cat becoming somewhat cliche... maybe because he's highlighted as one of the zanier characters in the Disney movie, which is where most people get their first taste of Alice in Wonderland? *shrug*

Aw, poor White Rabbit. I never have been able to figure out exactly where he's hurrying off to. ^_^;

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:38 pm
-points to myself holding up a cup of tea in the other hand-

No, this isn't a joke. :3  

I Hatter I

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:43 am
My favorites are the Cheshire Cat (go Team Cheshire!) and the White Knight.

I love Cheshire because I love cats and he feels perfectly feline to me - mysterious and knows more than he'll ever let on. You know he's only giving directions to aid his own amusement at Alice's expense. And when he asks in the garden about the Red Queen you just know he sees the Red Queen is in hearing range and is baiting them. Now that's a cat for you.

I love the White Knight because he comes across as a kindly inventor paladin which is so endearing. He is her noble protector with gentle good heart unlike many of the other characters who get into frequent "well you're rude" arguments with Alice. I also love "It's my own invention" - the imaginative inventor archetype is something I connect to. My favorite portrayal of him is from the 1999 NBC Alice in Wonderland version. While not in the book one his lines will stick with me forever as great advice: "Just be brave and always get back on your horse."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:47 pm
Hahah, Hatter! XD

And I agree about the White Knight, Pooka. I'm really glad he's been showing up in some of the more recent AiW material more, because he really is an interesting character! Isn't he supposed to be based on Dotson/Carroll himself? Either way he's a wonderful addition to the story. ^_^

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:33 pm
Why did I never post in this topic before...? Everyone loves ranting about their favourite characters! Mine is...the Caterpillar, I guess you guys already knew that eh? Probably should give a reason...

'Come back!' the Caterpillar called after her. 'I've something important to say!'

This sounded promising, certainly: Alice turned and came back again.

'Keep your temper,' said the Caterpillar.

Actually the whole conversation is just brilliant, he's just such an unusual character (no I don't mean the fact that he's a blue caterpillar that talks and smokes a hookah, I meant personality wise). XD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:27 pm
For me, its the March Hare, Mad Hatter, Alice, the caterpillar, the door mouse and the white queen.
I like how the Hatter and the march hare try to stuff the door mouse into a tea pot.  

Pretty Ninja Rave Girl

De-Throned Queen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:37 pm
Sorry. Mad Hatter is mine. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:03 pm
Cheshire Cat and Mad Hatter Of course.  

Lyn-z33

kakashi_crazzy_13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:55 pm
Mad Hatter is A SEXY BEAST!!! I love Him!!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:00 pm
Haha, the Mad Hatter's always going to be the favorite! *pats his looser friend on the head and gives him a carrot* XD

I agree about the Caterpillar... he's always going to have the last word, hahaha!

Oooh... the White Queen is an interesting choice, Lyre. She's such a poor, timid creature in the books, haha. ^_^

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Mia -NCP-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:51 pm
cheshire cat, alice, and the white rabbit are my favs.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:31 pm
hmm...i don't really like Alice, cause i don't like how little kids think they know everything, and they will do everything they can to prove themselves right, even when it means talking about things they do not understand, which is exactly what Alice does.

I love the mouse that she meets in the pool of tears, especially because its the beginning of Alice's terrifying every creature she meets due to Dinah.

but to be honest, all together, i love Hatter, March hare, Dormouse, Bill, Cheshire, Caterpillar, and the bird who thinks Alice is a serpent. The gryphon not so much....the mockturtle i sorta like.  

l Sailor Lupus l

5,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200

Sucubus357

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:31 pm
I love all of the characters, But if i had to narrow it down it would be....
Curious Alice of course and the Freaky Cheshire Cat with his dissapearing smile....

oh and of corse the White Rabbit... who triggers the curiousity.
Hmm... Didn't do to well at narrowing.

Nice question xxx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:41 pm
Sucubus357
I love all of the characters, But if i had to narrow it down it would be....
Curious Alice of course and the Freaky Cheshire Cat with his dissapearing smile....

oh and of corse the White Rabbit... who triggers the curiousity.
Hmm... Didn't do to well at narrowing.

Nice question xxx

yeasssh you're terrible wink

mine would be alice ofc D;
why? cause i'm a rabbit =]  

Revolc

Thee Alice Of Legend

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:47 pm
Mad Hatter is the Best. Especially the way they showed him in Alice on Syfy. There is no one better then mad hatter  
All In the Golden Afternoon

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff